Thread: Why there is raze in war?

Post Fiend

Why there is raze in war?

due to "no killing" changes, raze in war only destroy buildings, making it barren lands...
    Well, the massacre does the same and also kill peasants, thieves and wizards... so what utility raze have in war???

Raze tears down 10% of your built land - massacre destroys a handful of buildings.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Enthusiast
    Raze is perfect as it is.

Raze can be great... I love seeing someone with 2k acre with 1400 unbuilt..lmao

Post Fiend
    what i mean is that in war massacre does all that raze does + kills people... so why razing instead of massacre?

Because raze destroys a significant part of the target's built land, while massacre takes a few percent of its population, and a tiny handful of buildings?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Raze rox!
    Outwit! .. Outlast! .. Outplay!

Postaholic
    raze destroys a fixed amount of land regardless of how much unbuilt a prov has, whereas massacre destroys a smaller portion of land based exist land. in other words if a province has like 50% unbuilt, massacre will destroy very little and raze will still destroy 10% (i think thats the #)

another advantage of raze is the attack speed is always min time regardless of size difference

in MOST cases there are better options than raze but its not useless and under circumstances it can be pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by waheed View Post
    raze destroys a fixed amount of land regardless of how much unbuilt a prov has, whereas massacre destroys a smaller portion of land based exist land. in other words if a province has like 50% unbuilt, massacre will destroy very little and raze will still destroy 10% (i think thats the #)

another advantage of raze is the attack speed is always min time regardless of size difference

in MOST cases there are better options than raze but its not useless and under circumstances it can be pretty good
    Well explained. . .my kingdom for example uses raze accompanied by massacres to disable a province. . . :)

Thread Information