Thread: New Changes

New Changes

Unsure why the heck these aren't on the SWIRVE BLOG yet, but that's OMAC for you.

Can be found at forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=571433

Well for science, made everything ~40% cheaper. A lot of people had wanted easier access to science, so I suppose this provides that, but I had rather liked the high costs since they made science a true investment instead of people plundering OOP and getting all the science they'd need for a while.

Science mods: no big effect here, higher channeling will make magic more feasible.

RACE CHANGES!!!

Humans: Moderate buff here, no more mana penalty, slightly lower NW elite, but at loss of some turtling ability. Lowing elite cost seems ridiculous after all the income bonuses humans already have.

Elf: +1 mana AND extra mana effectiveness. REALLY? Wage reduction gives much needed economy and elites are now identical to old humans.

Dwarf: Finally back to +30% BE, was never sure why they lowered BE and slapped 50% thievery penalty on in the first place. Significant increase to thievery effectiveness, essentially gave a 40% bonus to the old dwarves. Stealth penalty finally gone, should hopefully be able to get SoM's now. New elite is basically an orc elite with more defense and MUCH cooler name :D These changes would have made dwarves competitive if practically all of the other races didn't also get bonuses, still a struggle :(

Orc: Hit hard by nerfstick. Huge science penalty and regular wages ftl

Gnome: Lowered thievery really isn't significant, only ~7% less than last age. Lower NW elite just destroyed the debate over ospec or elite offense. Might as well just get rid of the gnome ospec now. Gnomes also got a pretty big secret bonus: better birth rate bonus from homes.

Dark Elf... WTF?
    I mean, REALLY?
    Well everyone who wants to be T/M, here you go, the new fairy basically, but with better offense. Crazy thing here, Dark Elf/Rogue now has +2 Stealth/hour. Also, for all those T/M's, there's a small chance that mass Land lust honor whores may now be feasible, granted its still not good for the kingdom, but most T/M's don't care that much about their kingdom anyways. Only thing going against them here is the weakened effect of No Runes Needed since towers produce now produce more runes and channeling science is more effective.

----------------------------------------
    Armouries: Meh, nice change where applicable

Towers and homes sorta up in that mess ^
    ---------------------------------------------

Sage: Moderate bonus. Science cost ~60% less now, but this still lets you avoid higher costs/book of the higher science levels, so you save ~44% cost by running intensive as a sage over a non-sage running rushed.

Warrior: As it should be.

War Hero: Insignificant change
    Last edited by V Snakoto; 06-11-2008 at 03:58.

wait, wait... why are you getting rid of the gnome elite? Gnomes have always had a problem with NW inflation, and the 4.5 NW is the perfect solution for it. Gnomes would be celebrating... if it weren't for the fact that the leet D's been nerfed 20%.

Overall I liked your summary, although I think I'm also a bit more excited about arms than you are... and... well we have a few differences :-)
    "Oops..."

Regular
    V Snakoto, this thread does not belong here

it belongs in the suggestion forum

go burn

I made no suggestions, I simply posted the location since OMAC neglected to do so and commented on possible STRATEGIC effects of these changes.

Sorry there Shank. Meant "Might as well just get rid of the gnome ospec now" not elite ;)
    Been fixed.

So if you played gnome, would you only train elites? Thats what I did this age, and it worked well. Not happy about the 20% nerf.

No... would run the obligatory 30ish dpa in dspecs, then all elite offense. I suppose you could run fewer dspecs if you like the thrill of full suiciding... But yeah, its really impossible to make an argument AGAINST using all elite offense since they only have 0.5 more nw over ospecs now instead of 1.25 like before.

Go for Elites/Def Specs next age.

Thread Information