Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What race is the best of A/M?

What race is the best of A/M?

With the new changes for next age, is DE/mystic still the best option?

I still think Dark Elf is the better A/M. For one it has better spell book for offensive ops and second because of the land it saves on not only runes but also guilds with mystic.

Some might say Elf but I think even with the towers boost 20-25% towers for a decent A/M is too much. Plus Elf is lacking in the offense spell department.

I beg to differ. DE is no better when it comes to their so-called 'offensive spell department'. Prove to me how Fool's Gold and Nightmares can be better than Pitfalls and Amnesia.

Fool's Gold is only good if you combo with other spells/ops/attacks. The effect of Nightmare is good but with the spell difficulty, you can't do much with your limited mana.

As for Elves, now with the tower boost and 30% magic effectiveness that adds on to their 4 mana regen, it makes a lot of things easier for them. That means Pitfalls will be easier to be utilised now (adding to that, they are duration), and also for hardcore A/M's they will have an easier time to break through any kind of Sage now using Amnesia. Don't forget - Sage's 50% book protection only works on Learn, not Amnesia.

Oh, don't forget, being an A/M means that you need self-spells as well. Self-spells are expensive in terms of mana, since they take 3% of your mana no matter what. So while DE A/M's has to work out with tedious mana management, Elf A/M's only work out on their rune supplies. You can ask runes for aid and steal them, but you can't ask nor steal for mana.
    Numbers and strategies are only but a small fraction of what this game is about, yet it's funny to see that players are putting a lot of unnecessary negative emotions into those two aspects and make a big fuss.

Regular
    would a dwarf mystic work this age?

I would go for Elf or DE if you want to be A/M

Dwarf Mystic could work, but the only synergy advantage will be that your BE boosts your guilds.

If you are happy with that, you are always welcomed to go with it. Else take Jamih's advice.
    Numbers and strategies are only but a small fraction of what this game is about, yet it's funny to see that players are putting a lot of unnecessary negative emotions into those two aspects and make a big fuss.

Veteran
    The better synergy would be that your WPA protects fog from MVs. For the record BE also boosts towers.

Dwarf A/M is probably the 3d pick for A/M IMO, after the elves. It's absolutely playable though.

what no one seems to have addressed though is who would be the better A/M and the answer to that, I think, is more of a debate between quickfeet and strength.

Currently the DE elite is the only one not being nerfed, but made better, now being a 5/6 elite for only 800gc along with having an off spec at 6. This is compared to the elf's 6/4 elite for 700gc and normal off and def specs. So, obviously the DE has more brute force to defend and conquer with, but the elf's quickfeet lets you get your forces out more often and leaves you exposed for less time. But we could use the area not used by towers and guilds to make up for that at least partially with barracks, and armouries to reduce the price of the superior elites.

Therefore, I think that DE is the superior A/M

kurshken : Elves don't need Hospitals. 20% Hospitals for DE can't even make it up for Elves' -50% troop death. DE A/M elites die like crap while Elf A/M prevails. Elf A/M is superior.

Elves have the far superior A heh. And they can keep their land... I like Dwarf A/Ms or I should say A/m... because they can attack and be scary and do mage dmg. Won't have the spells like the elves yes -- but -- well I admit I dislike A/Ms anyways I am a A/T or pure always - so - why I like dwarf or elf they have much better A.

I am glad Elves are keeping their -50% casualties....in the long run it will help cripple them with over pop. your 50% military rates will come in handy when you are left with a 85%+ draft rate after a chain
    Taking back the InternetClickME

Regular
    true elves dont need hospitals, but the losses they have are though halved from DE perspective, they are 2 times as expensive to replace aswell...

and DE can replace them with credits while elf has to buy em back...

Elf can use credits as well, Sledge1979. Did you just mistook Elves for Humans? :|

Human gets credits, too, silly.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Gah. I forgot they were no longer there for Humans since last age or two.

Thread Information