Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Human Sage or Elf Sage?

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillbert View Post
    Err, at 61% draft on 1k, 15% banks and 100bpa in all categories. I've simulated a Human and an Elf.

Elf gets 16465 income and 3974 upkeep, net 12491
    Human gets 20581 income and 7948 upkeep, net 12633

Elves have great economy this age it seems. Your will to get people not to play Elves has no foundation! Or your disappointment cause they lost the 6/5 is too much, they're still very very strong this age.
    the thing is, human will rebuild better, have better OOP, better income when DR is low, its only ONCE your draft gets to that level that -ve wages even comes close to +income

and THAT is why + income is better than -ve wages
    when your draft is 40-45% (post war for example) the human's income will be far far better than the elves -ve wages

in short +income is in affect ALL the time
    -ve wages only works when you have a high army

Enthusiast
    You make a good point, but it's not as if Elves have no economy this coming age. They're a very strong choice, ahead of Dwarves and Orcs I think.

Sir Postalot
    You make a good point, but it's not as if Elves have no economy this coming age. They're a very strong choice, ahead of Dwarves and Orcs I think.
    maybe once built...
    but an elf has the worst economy in terms of getting up and running
    dwarf with +BE and free build can easily switch out excess buildings for banks and pump
    orc, is fairly comparable to elves, i would think orc would have an easier time getting built up, whilst elves have easier time once there

DE in war is the worst econ, and gnomes and humans are probably debateable as to who is first

Banned
    Err, at 61% draft on 1k, 15% banks and 100bpa in all categories. I've simulated a Human and an Elf.

Elf gets 16465 income and 3974 upkeep, net 12491
    Human gets 20581 income and 7948 upkeep, net 12633

Elves have great economy this age it seems. Your will to get people not to play Elves has no foundation! Or your disappointment cause they lost the 6/5 is too much, they're still very very strong this age.
    You assume that an Elf war hero is going to use the same build as a human will use. That will not be the case an elf will us arms this will cut back on draft cost and training cost and wages. While a human can use arms it is better for the human to use banks. Pit human using 15% banks vs Elf using 15% arms.

Also take in account that elf war hero will lose less troops in battle and kill troops in battle this mean in the long run elf war hero will have less retaining costs. Yet another way elf out wins over human.

As one starts to taken in all the factors that take up gc one beings to see that elf war hero ends up with more money vs human merchant.

Vines champions Elves therefore it is safe to assume that Humans are FAR superior
    Taking back the InternetClickME

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Vines champions Elves therefore it is safe to assume that Humans are FAR superior
    oh dear...

why does it matter which does this or that, play what race you guys want to.

orcs and gnomes have the short end of the stick this age, and just play something else and you ll be fine.

Enthusiast
    Hmmm is Merchant better than Sage? Does that 15% help more than the 4.5gc/acre income Sage gives?

@Dillbert, with the lowered science costs im inclined to think it helps more.
    (depends on how much you where planning to run as the "standart" rate this age, if low stepping up 0.5 sci/acre might not be more than your 15% income bonus from merchant)

no protection from learns with merchant though.

Enthusiast
    no protection from learns with merchant though.
    Yeah there's that point. I think the temptation with merchant is to just turn science off and run higher rates when you're not particularly busy. Does help all the time though. Sage forces you to have science which I kinda like.

Meh. Alot of choices this age, OMAC seemingly did a good job...

...i see an age over overeager Human/Sages suffering from constant Learns and wars against Elf kingdoms raining down Amnesia

alot of Elf/mystic A/Ms this age,
    and alot of Human/rogues/merchants A/Ts
    a few elf/warriors and some dwarf/warriors

gnomes and orcs... wont be anywhere on the map this age :P

Banned
    I'm not going to talk about I think is the strongest combo. I will say this has a lot of strong combos.

....which combo are you going to ply your 50% homes to this age?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Utopia4life View Post
    alot of Elf/mystic A/Ms this age,
    and alot of Human/rogues/merchants A/Ts
    a few elf/warriors and some dwarf/warriors

gnomes and orcs... wont be anywhere on the map this age :P
    I think you should motivate that statement because you will be very wrong on that point ;)

Banned
    Look at sully trying to find out what combo I'm going to use. I'll tell you have the game has started. I'll wait a week or two before I do so because I don't want every jocking my strategy once I let it be known.

Thread Information