Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf A/M or Orc A/T

Talking Dwarf A/M or Orc A/T

Which would you advise is better for an amateur player such as myself?

Dwarf A/M or Orc A/T?

I normally either choose Dwarf shepard or Orc War hero because:

Dwarf Shepard:
    The money that I saved on the free building could go directly into the military and science.
    The increased bonuses given from being a shepard would stabilize my economy more.

Orc War Hero

I dont specifically like being a mage because I feel being a successful thief can cause more direct damage to the opponent, so the -50% theivery ops for a dwarf just ruins the fun.
    The money spent on the -50% draft and wage costs could be put into building the economy.
    I could grow to be an extremely big A/T with this race and personality.
    Elites are cheaper and are 8/2 rather than the more expensive Dwarf that is 6/6, so Id only have to train Elites and defense really.

Im just throwing my logic out there so I can view the opinions of the masters of the game, please save your insults and other negative comments to yourself, because Im openly admitting, I am a noob at this game, HOWEVER, I DO want to get better ^^

Thanks Guys!

I think dwarf will be ALOT easier to play than ORC.

go with /warrior or /merchant instead of shepherd and you should do fine.
    (probably easier to go merchant for a first timer to learn utopia with)

Oh hadnt read the intire thing,... hmmm go Dwarf/mystic if you want to play A/M.

Regular
    i agree, dwarf a/m will be more easier than orc a/t
    Bijo FAN!!!

dwarf +BE benefits towers and guilds, orc has nothing to help with thieving. Dwarf a/m > orc a/t.

Enthusiast
    Dwarf A/M sucks, you have no spellbook.

its worse then Orc a/t?

Its not a choice of whats good or not, its just who's better Dwarf a/m or orc a/t... and to me dwarf a/m > orc a/t.

Well could you provide a list of pros and cons to each strategy?

Another thing is that its pointless for me to even have TPA for an A/M cause of the -50% theivery OPS so thats another main reason why I would lean towards Orc A/T because Im going to have to have a decent/high Tpa ANYWAY to protect myself, where as I usually only use self spells and CBs cause really dwarves have no magical boosts.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Black View Post
    Well could you provide a list of pros and cons to each strategy?

Another thing is that its pointless for me to even have TPA for an A/M cause of the -50% theivery OPS so thats another main reason why I would lean towards Orc A/T because Im going to have to have a decent/high Tpa ANYWAY to protect myself, where as I usually only use self spells and CBs cause really dwarves have no magical boosts.
    -30% thievery effectiveness

science can negate that easily
    Bijo FAN!!!

OP you haven't looked at the age changes. Everything you said is wrong --

Orcs don't have -50% wages anymore. Dwarves have 7/4 elite now - and -30% thievery effectiveness and no mana penalty. That may help you to decide first by figuring out the changes for the new age........

Dwarf A/M > Orc A/T. That does not mean Dwarves make the best A/M. A Dwarf/Mystic has MS, doesn't have the spell books as DE or Elves - but can still whip out dmg. I prefer thievery or A/T hybrids over A/Ms but I just dislike Orc A/T. If you want to be an A/T that can still have a high offense and cheap elite, check out Humans. (won't have Orc potential offense but with sci will be simply better and more fun =D

humans/gnomes make really good A/Ts I think ;)
    Elfs/Darkelfs make really good A/Ms
    dwarf/human/orcs make good pure attackers. (elfs arnt bad here either though)

dwarfs arnt the most natural suited race for a A/M (my opion here) neither is ORC for a A/T.

Dwarves make a better A/M than Orcs, Humans or Gnomes. Not Elves or DEs. Although I argue better than DEs if you focus as an attacker as really a DE would be a M/A not an A/M... DEs are suited for T/Ms and dicers or mages who want to make small hits in wars.

Well what I mainly want to do is have a strong army, good tpa, easy economy and just enough wpa to cast self spells and keep them casted.

What is best suited for this?

no race bleed, you cant be a A/T/m able to land spells on people, and have a kickarse tpa and yet still be a attacker.

its just fail you and make you misserable that you end up sucking at all 3 things.

ELF....forget what Utopia4Life is preaching

Reflect Magic and Clear Sight will help you maintain a lower wpa and tpa respectively....

not to mention their magic buff....

Elf/warrior 1.5 wpa/raw 2 tpa/raw with both RM and CS and QF and you will have your army a defensive wpa and defensive tpa
    Taking back the InternetClickME

Thread Information