Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need good OOP Gnome Strat

btw with that said....Omega do ya'll want a war next age? I mean you ducked wars all age are you gonna fight next age?
    Taking back the InternetClickME

Their elite lost networth, and 1 point of defense.
    Both make it less of a beginner's trap, and will quite dramatically cut down on the number of wannabe vines we'll see next age.

Poor vines and his ultra-mega explorer kingdom. At least he fits in just fine there.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

if i can find them fast enough next age i will farm off of him
    Taking back the InternetClickME

ohh lol I thought it was 4.25 but it was actually 5.25nw for their 5/5 elite.
    Yeah 4.5nw is a big improvement then, even if they need more of them to compete with the 6value races. (4.5nw x 1.20 (6/5= 1.20) 5.4nw))

hmm I might have to rethink my, all gnomes are nw fatties theory.

They're not networth-fatties now, but they still lack an army with a 6 anywhere in it.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

yeah but dont their 15% pop bonus make up for needing 20% more elites to match the 6 value races?

25ppa even unmodded x 0.15 = 3.75ppa (without homes/sciences/honor even factored)

lets say most 6 value races run 7epa then a gnome would only need 8.4 epa to match it, which would only take 1.4 of the 3.75ppa it can get.

gnomes look better to me now, but still not a race id play. (I love hospitals to much)

Having more population and a weak army makes you even less networth-efficient, since you'll have even more weak units around.

Regular
    My kd needs a A/T, should I do gnome elf or de rogue?
    Last edited by Waterbox; 07-11-2008 at 20:03.

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    Having more population and a weak army makes you even less networth-efficient, since you'll have even more weak units around.
    No it wont make you less networth efficient, a quick comparison of networth makes gnome on par networth efficient with the rest of the races.

However, more units means higher losses, coupled with no hospitals makes it an utter nightmare for a long war. And yes, fight a elf war hero when having low wpa and using townwatch will make u cry really bad.

Gnome are 1 attack a day attackers. Good for inactive attackers but should make active ones cringe.

Go human if you want to be A/T.
    Gnome isn't much good for A, and dark elf has static defense.

losses are why I dont like gnomes either, just isnt that fun if its a long war.
    Short wars or out of wars, gnomes are great enough as is. Minimum duration 48hour ish wars gnomes do nicely but... those long drawn out ones can be a killer for gnomes.

playing them as a hybrid and killing equally much of the enemy is a solution, but chances are when it comes to losses yours will be higher.

Economy will be great, the real weakness is the drafting of soldiers and the time it takes to train them back into units.

(shep + IA + Patriotisme can help ton for gnomes though, as will L&P)

Im not sure about how noobfriendly gnomes are if you want to get the most out of your province, theres alot of balls to juggle if you want it done right.

IF someone behinde the wheels of utopia reads this take a note,
    next age give gnomes the orc drafting bonus, they re the race that needs that the most.

Orcs should have something differnt to make them economically wise to play.
    Last edited by Utopia4life; 07-11-2008 at 22:39.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    greenie we are trying to be helpful not trying to make Zapaza into a farm....why are you so cruel....

seriously Zapaza ignore greenie we do not want you to get raped for all of your land because of bad advice.
    wtf? how am i making him a farm?
    guilds for WPA, homes for BR, banks for army, mills for growth
    with a dirt cheap army, he doesnt need arms
    thats a pretty reasonable strat to run during most of protection

I like to keep some banks in as gnome to help train my army in long wars. I keep my draft at normal if my draft is less than 65%. Rev + Pat is good but sometimes even that is not enough.

The gnome takes a hit with the nerfed elite, but the lower NW is a big plus. The gnome can now hit lower NW targets with higher gains.

Post Fiend
    Gnome are 1 attack a day attackers. Good for inactive attackers but should make active ones cringe.
    Yeah, thank god they have QF....!

Gnome/rogues suffering losses...omg, how terrible.
    God forbid if I do a NS's run on ya, cause that don't do squat.

oh, but I can get NS'd back....suuure:)

Races are all pretty balanced this age...pick a combo you feel good about and have fun.

I will agree though that if your one of the lonely gnomes in a kingdom, you will suffer when you send out.

Thread Information