Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: omac is irresponsible, unprofessional.

The only thing that is holding true as of now, is it is behind schedule. When in Genius, they stopped all actions except attacks, was a wrong thing to do. If some aspects of the game was stopped, then all should have been stopped.
    The new change of baby sitting accounts is wrong. If you are allowed to baby sit another ones account by paying for it (which is commercializing it /.25 cents per day), then why not let me have multi-accounts and pay for it. It will be what happens.
    The swap kingdom idea, to me will be a 2 tier system once some kingdoms kill off new players just to get the friends and top players in one place. It will not be a good idea once it is in operation. New players that had never played this game will get the wrong idea of war is in the same kingdom. Then they will try to attack in their kingdom.

Trading system does nothing except give midlevel kds a better chance to compete legally, top kds are all already traded anyway. Sitting max time is 21 days, so you can't xlog for very long if you try to abuse it. Razing nubs from good kds has been in practice since the beginning of time.

So overall, nothing has changed except OMAC trying to make it fair, and make a little money in the process.

<3 OMAC
    S E C R E T S

Enthusiast
    The trading system is going to kill the game at mid-lower levels, people who cannot see it do not know how those Kingdoms work.

I hope they lose thousands of players and Mehul buys the game back!

lol, how is trading going to kill midlevel kds? I am midlevel, and already I am better off since I have 24 provs instead of 21.

So Dillbert, enlighten me as to how 'those kingdoms' (my kd) works.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    How bout you be the first of those thousand's , go get that ball rolling:)

It has already brought back one player who used to play with us :)
    S E C R E T S

Enthusiast
    It'll bring back a few players, maybe a couple hundred, but all of those Kingdoms who have been holding on to their good players are going to lose them as those players can now legally just join a bigger Kingdom whenever an offer (and recruiting will be large scale) comes along.

All the work Kingdoms have put in to creating a good player base, sometimes over years, will be completely wiped out.

It's the worst change they could possibly have implemented, and it was only put in to save Catwalk money on proxies. All you monkies have jumped on the bandwagon and have no idea how it's going to affect the game at the grass root level.

How bout you be the first of those thousand's , go get that ball rolling:)
    Wow, that was witty.

The complete opposite is true. My kingdom has struggled to keep a solid player base, and always have had around 18-20 reliable players, and NOW we can finally get our kd how we want it, and fully active, and start competing.

Ghettos will be able to string together a couple of other players from ghettos, and build midlevel kingdoms from the ashes. And only having limited trades will still allow space for new players to random into these types of kds where they have a chance to learn. There will still be bottom of the barrel ghettos, but that is no different than now. Players of any talent either trade, try to build a kingdom from a ghetto, or defect in search of a midlevel kd, this does not change that.

And you are right about one thing, recruiting will be large scale, and the overall quality of the average kd will improve drastically. Now we will have Top<MIDLEVEL>Ghetto instead of Top<Midlevel<GHETTO.
    S E C R E T S

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillbert View Post
    The trading system is going to kill the game at mid-lower levels, people who cannot see it do not know how those Kingdoms work.

How it can kill the game? Mid level KD's can achieve good players with ease. Not everybody wants to play in hyperactive top KD's. It doesn't mean he is weak and not worth trading him in mid-level KD.

Maybe you are, let's say, average monarch and you can't build a team and now are you affraid to loose good players who do not agree with you?

On the other side if a player is good, but stubborn and doesn't fit a KD, let him go!

And if you didn't know trading, althought illegal, was common on all levels of game.

Somebody will take a KD of only top players? Let him! I want to be better and win them. If you feel weak and underestimate your own kingdom, maybe better to think deeply about what a game gives you than babbling around about such stupid things like game "killing" just because of one change.
    Last edited by istredd; 07-11-2008 at 17:41.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    wow you are an idiot. They changed ALL of their plans to suit our whining about no changes for the age. They were going to focus on implementing their new ideas and changing servers, but we had to be little babies and demand changes immediately. And OMAC bent over backwards to accommodate us, so naturally things are a little hectic right now, DEAL WITH IT.

And btw, thinking a Microsoft takeover would be 'smooth' is the most laughable thing I have ever heard, not to mention comparing Utopia to that kind of takeover is completely moronic.

Please do us all a favor and go back to your mom's basement and wait quietly for the age to start.
    did i say anything about them not responding to our calls for change?
    read the title of the thread before you make yourself look stupid

read my post again, I quoted you.

"OMAC does not put their users first as seen in this very prime start of age example. Creating a good gameplay experience is obviously NOT one of their priorities seeing that they enjoy guessing games.
    If you are able to tolerate such a substandard act, thats too bad for you."

You said OMAC does not put us first, my post was my argument that putting us first was EXACTLY what they are doing. So read my post more carefully before you make yourself look stupid...whoops too late.
    S E C R E T S

It's the worst change they could possibly have implemented, and it was only put in to save Catwalk money on proxies
    LMAO you think I have OMAC under a hypnotism spell or something?
    All the work Kingdoms have put in to creating a good player base, sometimes over years, will be completely wiped out.
    The weak will fall, yes. If your players don't care enough about your kingdom to want to stay because they enjoy playing there, why do you deserve them? I like Dharan's way of putting it. Ghettos (real ghettos) without good leaders will be put under pressure by this, and they should be helped in order to retain new players. Less bullying of weaker kingdoms would be a good place to start.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Post Fiend
    and in what context did i make the statement?
    oh so yeah im letting my customers wait and wait and guess and get fustrated, sure they're very important to me because i keep them in the loop of everything.

giving in to YOUR demands doesn't mean they're giving in to the demands of the AVERAGE player. why don't you use your brains and think for the first time in your life. If the changes do not bring in more players, would they be implemented?

maybe you feel important because people in RL treat you like that and its a bonus for you.

The average player demanded game changes. There is wide-spread satisfaction with the changes. You think they changed the game for any other reason than putting the players first? Your argument is silly and meaningless.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

I'm not frustrated, I am excited! New servers, newly formed midlevel kds, not losing players who have a problem and go inactive for 10 days, awesome race changes, even the new time zone is cool, cuz now I get to see players online I don't get to talk to very much since they are usually sleeping when I am playing. Overall I could not be happier with what OMAC has done, granted its been a slow transition, but the payoff is very much worth it.
    S E C R E T S

Thread Information