Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: omac is irresponsible, unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Everyone should have the same acres and same armies with the same NW, and the only available attack is called "Pillow Fight" and nobody ever dies.
    and everyone is a winner! after the wars.
    Land exchanges will be given to those that want acres, ONLY if freely and willy given to them.

winner of the age is the one that gets most people to willing give them acres and has the biggest rainbow sticking out of their arse (new name for NW).

also queen's will be guys that dress up. ;)

Enthusiast
    You completely miss the point Catwalk -- not that I expected anything else from you.

These rules are like lowering the top band of tax by 5% and raising the lower band of tax by 5%. They hurt lower Kingdoms and aid higher Kingdoms -- that's not survival of the fittest, that's elimination of competition.

I miss Mehul. I guess you don't, as he didn't listen to just you.

Mehul didn't listen to Catwalk at all, but he did pay attention to the few suggestions catty spawned that people decided they liked.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Regular
    I think the delay should have been mentioned in the main utopia game page instead of here. It would be easier for people to know when the game will start in real time.

OMAC have another update :D

Update - The server move has been completed, however the DNS changes are taking longer than usual to propagate. Once the DNS changes take full effect, we will do some final testing on some of the game modifications. It is expected that access to the new round will be available at some point tomorrow (Saturday).

Post Fiend
    omac says bla bla bla, we cant follow schedules bla bla bla all we does comes late bla bla bla 2 guys was able to run the game way better than a whole company...

what can i say... mehul must be crying now (unless he was very very well paid) his son Utopia is being killed by its new fathers...

DNS taking long to propagate? GIVE US THE IP! (but i really think this is bul**** to try to blame others for their lack of professionalism... their incompetence...

Post Fiend
    Didn't read all 5 pages but the OP is a crybaby and needs to get a better grip on reality.

Post Fiend
    what sucks more is that we see a lot of ball lickers that try to make defense for omac on their being very unprofessional...

And I am amazed we still havent saw the worst kind of ball lickers, the ones that say "the game is free, you have no right to complain"

now who said that... its free that doesnt mean you can pull all sort of crap... and forget about schedule...

m wondering what mehul would be doing right now ...
    1. laughing his a** off
    2. Thinking of taking over the game and making it a paid one

i wonder if that was his strategy from the begining :p

Quote Originally Posted by Dillbert View Post
    You completely miss the point Catwalk -- not that I expected anything else from you.

These rules are like lowering the top band of tax by 5% and raising the lower band of tax by 5%. They hurt lower Kingdoms and aid higher Kingdoms -- that's not survival of the fittest, that's elimination of competition.

I miss Mehul. I guess you don't, as he didn't listen to just you.
    i agree with you 100%.

these changes are going to raise the difficulty of the game, especially for new comers and weaker kds. this will mean less players and less $$ for omac.

however, i am pro legalized trading as well. it is so intuitive to be able to select the people you are going to play your game with, this idea should have been there from the start.

i do not like status-quo. i love change and dealing with problems after the change with new changes, creating a vicious cycle, if you will. so the only thing omac have to come up with is ways to level the playing field for new comers and weaker kds after implementing the trading system.

conclusion:
    - Dillbert says it is a bad idea to implement trading because it will cause problems
    - I say it is a good idea to implement trading, but it will cause problems, which need to be dealt with by implementing new ideas to remove the problems caused by trading

Enthusiast
    I appreciate your viewpoint on this Nub -- in a way for the players who have been around a long time it'll make things easier, it'll make my game easier.

However I think this is at too much of a sacrifice to the game as a whole to implement.

Agreed. Not gonna be fun to be left in the midrange & ghetto kds for the ppl that don't get traded.

Be better to do trades at the end of each war. Each kingdom selects the best player from the opponent for their side & sends their worst player to the opposite side. (2 trades each)

Making the game inbred by only having friends & peeps that know each other from RL will destroy the universal getting to know & working with ppl from all over the world.

I forsee whole kds with very few ppl in them. I also expect to be deluged with invitations into higher kds to which I alas must say no.
    Outwit! .. Outlast! .. Outplay!

I fully agree that OMAC is handling the current age-change unprofessionally. The lack of announcements around the age end, the changing around of the age end-date and now the late (and lack of) information about the delays. This all could've been handled so much better, and the flaming so much less, if the overall information stream towards the 18k still loyal utopia players was better.

I honestly can't be arsed to flame the pay-to-babysit thing, cos I understand OMAC wants to at least make a bit of money out of the game. And the whole xlogging a KD by yourself thing is a ridiculous assumption that people bring up, cos it'd cost you a grand total of 126 dollars to babysit 24 provinces for 21 days. I doubt anyone's willing to pay that amount of money just for that.

The trading thing is prolly a good change, since trading happens anyways. It just gets sped up right now and like it has been said, it will seperate the strong from the weak. This could end up either running the game into the ground faster than Mehul even thought possible, or making it more attractive again to the general public and lead to an increase in the player base. Either way would be good for me. If the game dies, I'll be rid of a longlasting addiction thats been going on for about 7 years now for me. If the game gets a bigger playerbase again, the competition should increase and would make the game all that more interesting again.

I fully agree with Nub that the trading thing will bring more problems which will have to be dealt with accordingly, but for now I'll be happy when OMAC finally launches freezetime so I can start sms-ing my KD mates to get their asses online and get their provs started.
    Proudly played in: Mystic Aura, FREE, Fellatio/Vae Victis, Nexus, Seasons, Dreams, Polar Bears/AMA
    Crowned with Seasons in age 37 (honor), 39 (nw/land) and 41 (nw/land)
    Crowned with Dreams in age 50 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with AMA in age 59 (KD nw)
    Crowned with Expendables in age 65 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with Cellos Republic in age 66 (KD nw/land)
    Now playing in: Canadian Rebellion (not to be confused with Cromulent Republic or Cellos Republic, obviously)

If only OMAC would have simply started on time. It's understandable that the caretaker of this game will never please all of the utopian community 100%. Mehul withstood all the criticisms/complaints as will OMAC. While I can not defend OMAC for poor communication/planning as most of utopia expects it to be delivered I can hope that this will be a learning experience for them.

Now get on with it OMAC so we can return to *****ing about the normal things...and the "Great Trade Debate" will rage on ofc. :)
    Your mom called. She said "stop being a baby!"

Thread Information