Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dwarf Attacker strat

Post Fiend
    Alright, sounds good.
    Thanks all

Post Fiend
    without Fog I just wouldn't go Dorf again. Their only remaining bonus is the free buildings, which are really usefull in a long, long overtime war, but otherwise just make it sorta ez to play.
    Alas, poor Utopia! For 10 years I knew ye well.

Banned
    I think dwarf still has fog. I have not ready any where saying else wise.

Dwarf still has fog and they're elites got a buff, making dwarves a more viable attacker this age. My KD was planning on doing something like 10 orc attackers (most active), 10 other A/T's & A/M's, and 5 heavy T/M's until orcs got a nerf and dwarves got buffed. So we are doing something like 10 Dwarf sheps instead of 10 orcs... it should be interesting. Basically, orcs will be more expensive to play as this age because their draft wages got nerfed from -50% to normal, which is going to make it even harder to train elites during war (even though no one does anyway). Whereas, dwarf elites are now 7/4 instead of 6/6. They're more expensive than orc elites, but you're going to get your troops out quicker as a shepherd due to the -30% training time bonuses. Also, you will have more room for whatever buildings (probably Forts and GSs) cuz you won't have as many farms. GSs coupled with fog will frustrate the other KD in war. Oh, I forgot to mention you will also have immunity to plague, storms, and droughts as Dwarf/Shep. If you have a healthy amount of merchants in your KD then trading extra food for their extra GC will be helpful (more efficient if they allocate more of their build toward banks than farms). But, you do need a efficient kingdom to run this strategy effectively.

All-in-all, they need to bring back Avians and Freaks.

Post Fiend
    Dwarves are second best attackers after Humans (who i guess will be better mid and late). But they are good. And good for solo.

IMHO Shep is weak. Go for warrior or merch. Warrior if you are active, otherwise merch. If you are solo i guess you dont care much about wars, so mystic is not really a choice.

Run the highest DR you can afford keeping a nice income. Try to build a good offense (you should easily get an 80 opa pumped). And use WTs. And you should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Dwarves are second best attackers after Humans (who i guess will be better mid and late). But they are good. And good for solo.

IMHO Shep is weak. Go for warrior or merch. Warrior if you are active, otherwise merch. If you are solo i guess you dont care much about wars, so mystic is not really a choice.

Run the highest DR you can afford keeping a nice income. Try to build a good offense (you should easily get an 80 opa pumped). And use WTs. And you should be ok.
    I agree. Although a reason Dwarves would go Mystic is not just to be a small time A/M but to protect their best asset in wars --- Fog. And yeah I know you get that just making it more clear. Mystic is better in groups of Dwarves than solo. I like Merchant tho in general and Warrior if you got the time. Even if not you can still save some land.

Thread Information