Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 13th amendment? is it out the window?

i didn't read all of the other posts, just the first one. and i'd like to say: you're a moron. community service has been a requirement to graduate from highschool for years and years. in maryland anyway, can't speak for other states.

I didn't read all the posts either, just the first page. :P But...

How can you possibly equate it with slavery when you get $4,000 off college tuition for completing it? That's called working for a reward and not because you're afraid your master's going to whip you. So now all work is slavery because you're being told to do a job, you just get paid for it, so now jobs are outlawed by the thirteenth amendment. Smooooth reasoning there.

Whats so wrong with this plan?I meet that criteria already and anyone that is able bodied that does not meet this criteria already should be a shame of themselves.
    BOOYAH!

Post Fiend
    1 You should do the public service to connect the community and improve the community.

Yes, you should. But the GOVERNMENT should NOT be requiring you to do so.

And where are they getting this $4000 they give away to people for college? Thats coming out of the taxpayers' pockets. Why should we be paying for almost everyone to go go to college?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kyouteki View Post
    1 You should do the public service to connect the community and improve the community.

Yes, you should. But the GOVERNMENT should NOT be requiring you to do so.

And where are they getting this $4000 they give away to people for college? Thats coming out of the taxpayers' pockets. Why should we be paying for almost everyone to go go to college?
    You do realize this is the same for medical insurance, car insurance etc... The payments I make (even if I don't ever use it) go to paying for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    that plan will have huge repercussions aswell

fools who have no strategic and geopolitical insight will be running things.
    Teachers salaries will drop as a result of the plan.

I believe the plan will create the exact opposite effect of what Obama wanted to achieve with the plan.

Obama is indeed a new Kennedy allright. Remember this, Kennedy never got a second term and he never finished his first term. You have no idea what Kennedy would have become had he not been assassinated. Kennedy is widely considered to be one of the better U.S. presidents, but would this have been so today, if he had remained alive?
    I'm beginning to doubt that.
    If he was anything like Edward Kennedy, diverting cash to help the ira - when he wasnt indulting in edwards favourate pass time - driving into creeks and letting his female passangers drown slowly.
    Last edited by tranq; 05-11-2009 at 12:46.

Thread Information