Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Pure Attacker Strategy

Exclamation Best Pure Attacker Strategy

What do you guys think the best pure attacker strategy would be this age?
    Im thinkin Dwarf/War Hero.

What do you people say? Why?

Post Fiend
    Warrior would be better then war hero, some of the effect of war here is lost since you have free building, plus dwarves wont be using offense specs.

I know I wouldnt be training Off Specs, but I dont understand what else youre saying xD Could you please re-explain?

Post Fiend
    War hero gives +50% building credits gained. All those credits are wasted because you dont have to pay for buildings anyway.

True, so If I go Dwarf Warrior, Would I even need to build many barracks if any at all cause of the -15% attack time? Which would ultimately save me to build other buildings right? And with the 50% Land losses when ambushed, whats that mean exactly? Like it allows me to attack anyone and them not take as much land back when they ambush me? Or when I get ambushed it takes like half my damn land lol

Post Fiend
    With warrior you won't need barracks unless you want to hit ppl 3 times a day.
    And 50% land losses on ambush means that if ppl try to ambush you they will get terrible gains.

They would take half as much land as they would if you were not warrior, not necessarily half your land.
    You could run rax still if you were dwarf warrior, but you probably wouldn't make much use of them.
    There is no huge need to run rax as warrior - you just want to be able to attack at least twice a day and warrior gives you that ability.

Oh. That sounds pretty damn good to me lol. What else would be a better attacking match for a pure A dwarf? Or is warrior the only option?

AND

Could you guys give examples of strategies of how the -15% attack time and 50% land losses could be actually UTILIZED into a strategy?
    -"We're all Chalk Lines Drawn on the Concrete, Drawn Only to be Washed Away..."-

Post Fiend
    Warrior is your best bet, but merchant is also workable since money helps everything,lol.
    -15% Attack time could be utilized by giving you the ability to attack fast enough to make 2 hits a day(in war) without any barracks. No barracks frees up all that land for other things-banks,training grounds,forts...whatever you need.
    And 50% landlosses simply helps because you keep more of the land you take.

This sounds pretty good to me, I could also in addition to being a heavy attacker, have a decent mage ability then? Like what are the things that are taken away from my potential of being a heavy attacker if I do a bit of mage? What do I lose? What do I gain?
    -"We're all Chalk Lines Drawn on the Concrete, Drawn Only to be Washed Away..."-

Post Fiend
    What you lose is land and peasants. More land has to go into guilds and towers (unless you are DE) which gives you less land for attacking buildings. More peasants have to go into mages meaning you either get less income and less BE or less military strength. What you gain is you can help your kingdom take down provinces with FBs and other spells and more honour from doing ops not just attacks during wars.

Sir Postalot
    orc for more aggressive player
    dwarf for more defensive/ghetto player (will need some WT's tho...)
    warrior is always a good pick
    i prefer merch over WH if you want the more economic pick

just my views on it

Okay.

So finalization:

Is Dwarf/Warrior the BEST setup for a Pure attacker with a good economy?

I think it would be.
    7/4 elites so i would train only elites and def specs which would give me a sturdy army, and the free building means money could go directly to exploring or directly to science, or directly to military. And with warrior I wouldnt have to make barracks which I could use more for banks and such. AND i can attack 2-3 times a day potentially cause of warrior. AND I get to keep alot of my land cause of the 50% land losses when ambushed.

This is kinda my strategy right now. What say you?

Post Fiend
    Don't forget about humans.. Good offensive elite, best defensive spec, great income bonus. Whats not to love?

Post Fiend
    Wouldn't say its the best option, there isn't really a "best" option imo. But its definitely a viable option, just remember to keep a high percentage of watchtowers or you'll get killed. Ambush protection isn't that important for you as dwarfs don't tend to get ambushed much.

Thread Information