Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Elf or DE T/M?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishandra View Post
    T/Ms can sometimes be the quickest way to bring down an unbreakable heavy attacker who is bottomfeeding on your KD.

It would take two hybrids to do the same damage (in theory) and you wont be able to land attacks yet.
    pray tell what happens when you have expended your mana and stealth then and still not taken down that attacker?

plus even you have to admit that 25 hybrids FBing and nsing the same target with good wpa would be better then using only 2 T/Ms

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Lucky whats the highest acres you have ever been?
    Well, I just started playing midway though last age after about a 4 year break, but way back when I hit about 3500-4000 or so a couple of times I think. What does this have to do with the discussion?

pray tell what happens when you have expended your mana and stealth then and still not taken down that attacker?

plus even you have to admit that 25 hybrids FBing and nsing the same target with good wpa would be better then using only 2 T/Ms
    Of course, generally there is more than one target.... What happens when your hybrids can't break the target? Call in the tm's to hit them until they are a little easier to break.

Like I said, 1 T/M can do what it takes 2 hybrids to do, when you not using attacks.

If you want to use 25 hybrids to take out one prov, your expectation of a T/M are too high or your hybrids just plain suck ;)

And there's this thing called regeneration, it happens to stealth and mana. Wars tend to last more than an hour ;)

your not understanding what i am trying to say.......ok this is simple......would you rather have 2 T/Ms with say 10 mod wpa and 8 mod tpa to take down that heavy attacker or

would you rather have 4 hybrids with 7-8 mod wpa and 4 mod tpa but also with enough offense to break the attacker after the ops are done?

What kind of insane T/M will be running 10 mod wpa? Thats just asking to be chained down.

An intelligent T/M will be running the same mods as a hybrid, but both of them rather than 1. This leaves enough military for a good military, unbreakable in most cases.

And having 2 T/Ms doesnt take away 4 hybrids. It takes away 2 hybrids.

You need to understand in your KD you have room for 25 provinces. Each province can successfully run 2 strategies out of the 3.

The best use of this is probably ~22 Attackers, ~15 Thieves, ~13 Mages, split over 20+ hybrids.

For every extra attacker you require you give up another strategy slot. Any pure attackers reduce your overall strategy slots per KD but mean some of your hybrids can afford to run their T or M strategies heavier at the expense of offensive power.

Ishandra you have to realise that my kd has been larger then probably either you or Lucky's in the last two ages and they fact that any compitent kd can take out on "unbreakable".

There is no such thing as a perfect strat nore a such thing as a province that can't be broken.

In the end if you run pure anything then your going to have a larger weakness then if you were running hybrids. And btw i have ran a human with 7 mod tpa and 4 wpa while leaving 60 dpa home when attacking. Also note that that human was 9.5k acres and was in age 39 :P

Your numbers mean nothing to me since I have no age 39 values or experience with which to compare them.

I said the best use is probably, not the best use is.

I think everyone here knows you cant stick with 1 set up and win all wars, it varies a lot on who your playing.

And a pure attacker wont have a larger weakness than a hybrid, but you will have 2 of them. Similarly a T/M will have 1 less weakness than a hybrid. It all balances out in the end, but yes as I said you want mostly hybrids.

They tend to be a lot more flexible so its easier for the KD to get things done. Your not as dependant on individuals logging in at certain times etc.

anyway i am done arguing. You do what you think is best and we will compare kd stats at eoa

Post Fiend
    Cookie is right its more about the 2 attacks a day you loose in war that a T/M cannot make.

The longer the war the more a T/M has to work in short if you play a T/M you are playing a selfish game and not a team game. You want to sit back and let your team mates put themselves in danger and you do not. Your team mates are automatically outnumbered in the attacking stakes before the war even starts.

If you have 2 T/M in a kingdom and each attack gains 100 acres then your kingdom is already down 400 acres in the first day.

And if either of you mention the words land lust or propaganda you will prove my case

Post Fiend
    T/M's lose wars. Its that simple.

For those who wish to play one though, DE will be the superior T/M this age.

Lack of attacks lose wars, not the T/Ms themselves.

Its just as bad if your attacker or hybrid gets economy crippled and cant attack. At least a T/M has the potential to disable twice as many provinces as a hybrid does. Assuming all things equal I'd rather have 2 T/Ms in my KD than 0.

I certainly wouldnt want more than 3 though.

Post Fiend
    no province can single handedly disable another someone has delusions of grandeur.

The quickest way to disable a province is by chaining not be T/M opps.

If the T/M does not attack then they are contributing to the loss of the war, no? Nice wording of the sentence does not change the fact that T/M put their kingdom at a serious disadvantage before the war even starts.

Post Fiend
    Lack of attacks lose wars
    So lack of attacks lose wars, but you don't think its a bad thing to have 4-6 less attacks a day? In my experience, any close war will easily be determined by an extra 4-6 attacks every day, far more so than some additional AW or NS. Especially considering those two provinces who added those attacks are STILL performing the same amount of T/M job as one of your dedicated T/M's. So essentially you gain 4-6 attacks a day for the loss of 1 pure T/M. I'll say it again, T/M's lose wars.

By having a T/M, one of your hybrids can swap to a heavy attacker, making 3 hits a day with QF/Rax/Warrior, possibly even double tapping if its a DW with Rax/Warr, as opposed to only making 2 hits a day and no double taps, as a hybrid.

And a T/M can still bottomfeed on the guys your attackers have "disabled" with their chaining. If you didnt keep hits on them they would easily claw their way back up as well as topfeeding honour from you.

I'm not trying to advocate T/M as being some kind of almighty superpower, but if you use them properly they are not a wasted slot.

If ops were that weak everyone would be running Heavy attackers with a max of 2 tpa/wpa for defensive purposes. The fact they dont shows that ops are important.

I think its fair to allocate around 10% of your provinces to T/M positions to take out enemies that are extremely weak to ops, or extremely resistant or unreachable with hits. If you dont, then by all means dont run any.

I get in 2.5 attacks each day, and I'm neither playing warrior nor a race that has quick feet.
    Get out of here, you stupid n00b, and take your T/M with you.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Thread Information