Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rake on province sale income

Regular
    And as to your comparison to EQ characters. I don't know much about EQ but I can imagine that the time and skill it takes for an individual to get to level 60 in EQ is far greater than it would take for a group of 25 people to trade a kingdom together.

People who are going to try and create kds from scratch aren't going to bother trading legally. They'll use that to their advantage the best that they can but they're going to get their kingdom together in whatever means necessary that are undetected by OMAC. So yes, $5 I would pay for 25 accounts, maybe.

Good to see that you finally understand.
    That's why you can't trade top kingdoms.
    You can only be brought so close to the top, and then you have to fight for yourself, and make your own name - but a starting one can be provided for you, assuming it's not all that known, or all that reputable. Just slightly below the limit where people would start wondering.

Buying one that's already there still saves a lot of time - and a lot of work needed to aquire all those trades you'll be using.

Time for me to head off for a bit.
    Have fun - I'm sure others will love this topic.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    Good to see that you finally understand.
    That's why you can't trade top kingdoms.
    You can only be brought so close to the top, and then you have to fight for yourself, and make your own name - but a starting one can be provided for you, assuming it's not all that known, or all that reputable. Just slightly below the limit where people would start wondering.

Buying one that's already there still saves a lot of time - and a lot of work needed to aquire all those trades you'll be using.

Time for me to head off for a bit.
    Have fun - I'm sure others will love this topic.
    I didn't realize that I ever misunderstood that you couldn't give away a top kingdom and expect to keep their reputation. In fact I think I stated that from the get go. I think I said that any kingdom whose reputation you could keep wouldn't be worth it because their reputation isn't one that you'd want.

But I'm glad to see that your reading comprehension skills have finally come round and you've determined after such a long time that since the beginning I've been saying that this whole idea is ridiculous.

Have fun, I'm off as well

Quote Originally Posted by Gakundra View Post
    To be honest. I wouldn't pay for a top 50 kingdom. The reputation means nothing. The fact that there are 25 accounts ready to go for anyone who wants them is the only thing that would be beneficial. The reputation won't stick and it takes no time for anyone to realize who is really running the kingdom in the top because of interaction and diplomacy between people.

Somebody buying a set of 25 full accounts. I can accept that as a reality. How much would I pay for it? I dunno...$5 maybe? Nobody is ever going to buy a reputation, no matter who the kingdom is. The only thing that matters is the accounts and from there people are going to be creating their own identity.
    QFT.

reputations die alot faster than their built.

Dillbert you are so retarded it's hysterical!

If SKDs wanted to get money for their provs, they could have been doing it for that last 10 years, since legal or not, trading is widespread at the top.

Your ignorance of top kd mentality is amusing to me.
    S E C R E T S

Enthusiast
    Ha! Thanks DHaran. I'm glad I have an admirer.

Anyway, the difference now is that there is 0% chance of deletion -- yes it's been happening widespread for years but there has always been that chance of deletion, changing proxies and the like. Now that's gone the value of a trade to those Kingdoms has gone up many times.

And you really are naive to think some people wouldn't pay for an account. It's a sad state of affairs that it's happening to us!

The problem is that no matter how good of a KD you trade into, you are still a piece of canine excrement and will soon be found out and killed by your new KD mates when you don't pull your weight in the KD. If you were a good player you wouldn't need to get into a good KD, you would make your own.

And buying a whole KD? Pleaseeeeee. It's the players that make a KD great, not the name, and the name is all you would get. So you would still suck and ruin the name you bought, Most KDs value their names and wouldn't sell them anyway. We are droping our name this age ourselves, as the KD imploded this age and we don't want to dishonor our good name by using it when we don't deserve it. Perhaps next age, not this, we are going ghetto I guess......

LMAO at the reputation of VT2's shell. This is quality entertainment, keep it up!
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Forum Addict
    I think you are entirely missing the point, Catwalk.

The problem that I and others have had with top kingdoms is not so much the constant trading, though that is one part of it, it is the fact that the monarch OWNS all the accounts, which is the really bad part of it. Not only that they can rotate other people in and out, but that they totally own those accounts. It's against the spirit of the game and this is the point that OMAC didn't understand because they talked to the wrong people. Keeping the odd newb or selecting them from Genesis or Strat channel does not make up for OWNING the kingdom.

These kingdoms are not 25 good players, these kds are owned by the monarch who brings in whoever they want. Anyone they want to get rid of, they do so. That's why there's always so much scandal when someone defects a top province. It's never through hacking, although people always say it is.

Yes, there will be people who pay for a shell. They are not paying for the kd's rep, or place in the charts, they are paying to have 25 provs which they ultimately control. They get players in to play those provinces on their behalf, in effect. If a player wont follow orders, he is bumped out of the account - or he defects it.

So yes, there will undoubtedly sooner or later be shells for sale.
    Last edited by Sweetiepie; 09-11-2008 at 14:30.

heres a though, dont give your monarch your logon rights if you dont want to? that way you ll avoid this issue?

and even if a monarch owns the provinces, so what? your in it because you deserve to be by the thinking of the monarch. (otherwise you ll just normally get killed off, or in this case you ll just get traded out (no worse than getting killed off))

Thread Information