Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rake on province sale income

Ignoring this won't make it go away, sadly.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Regular
    Yes I understand that, when I said "pay to be in your kingdom" I meant to be in the shell of your kingdom. I'm saying that it's stupid to be paying for your crappy reputation and kingdom. I instead could play with 24 friends that already have a named kingdom, that is much better, has been around longer, and has a much better reputation. I can do that, or I can go and make my own kingdom both options are free, and better solutions. And making a name for yourself is not a difficult thing to do, all it requires is action and diplomacy, it takes approximately an age...?

I think most people would be more entertained by the prospect of creating their own kingdom identity than paying for somebody else's. Especially paying for a reputation that means nothing.

If you really think that anyone in their right mind would consider your kingdom's reputation something to be worth money because it's feared then you've really gone off the deep end.

Enthusiast
    DHaran! I've been waiting for you. I'm pushing an un-thought of hole in the trading theorum.

And people will be quitting because of this. I won't, I'm simply too stubborn. The "new" players rejoining by the trading will be vastly outnumbered by those who leave due to disillusion with the changes.

If you were to attempt to buy, say, Copycats, you'd quickly discover, to your horror, that the world would cry foul at you, because they're so famous.

Too famous.

It's like selling hot wares. It can be done, but it's very likely to backfire.
    Better to sell it when it's less hot, or sell something that's not hot at all.

I'll simply provide you with the highest possible level of kingdom that can be made without arousing too much suspicion.

No, not quite an age.
    Try 'a few ages.'
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Regular
    You can provide people with whatever you want. Your product is crappy and nobody wants it. And for that matter, nobody wants Copycats either, if you're going to pick a kingdom that somebody might want at least pick a good one even if you're trying to poke fun at Catwalk.

And no, it takes far less than a few ages to get a reputation worthy of being in the top. I've done it before. And if takes far less than an age to get a reputation worthy of being better than your kingdom. So no, nobody is going to pay for your crappy kingdom, sorry to burst your bubble.

I seriously have to agree with Dillbert and VT2. This has got to be the WORST idea implemented.

Heres a thought.....Kingdom XX:XX gets a newb filling in their 25th spot......KD has a credit for trading in.....KD decides they have someone wanting in, and instead of newb getting a chance to learn with knowlegable players, he is killed, and replaced with a friend.

this is a very real problem....and it is going to exist

Dilbert and VT2 may be making fun of this fact....but it is a reality

OMAC is supposed to be reviving this game, but all they are doing is ruining it

You can't sell fully established and 'good' kingdoms - people will notice instantly.
    The kingdom will only be crappy if you're crappy. Sucks, doesn't it?

Oh, and prove it.
    This age is a very good one to start, you know - if all else fails, you might be able to sell it later.

Regular
    Avarial. No I don't think that that is the problem they're discussing. I don't disagree that this system has many faults and that really it's not going to do much of anything. I don't disagree that some of the things that OMAC is doing is not necessarily adding anything to the game or the playerbase.

But thinking that people are going to pay money for a crappy kingdom is just stupid. This is not the flaw in the system and trying to make it to be the flaw is just ludicrous. There are so many other reasons why this system is flawed that pulling stupid crap out of nowhere makes no sense and does nothing to help your argument.

That's exactly what people said when this whole thing was created in Everquest, all those long, long years ago.

I guess we can now firmly conclude that people with money will buy the things they want - no matter how silly the things in question may seem.

Oh, and remember: you're handed a somewhat known, reputable shell. 25 slots. What you do with it after I've been paid, I don't care. Make it as crappy or as good as you'd like.

Regular
    Prove what? I have already made kingdoms far better than yours. I have helped build kingdoms from scratch. I have merged kingdoms together and created new ones. I have helped to create new identities out of nowhere and it takes far less time than you think it does. It requires skill, diplomacy and action, that is all.

I never said you could sell fully established good kingdoms in fact I think that what I was implying is that you aren't going to get money for any of these kingdoms! I don't think you can sell kingdoms at all. I think you're trying to create a problem from nothing.

If anything, top kingdoms will sell spots in their kingdoms to people that want in, though even that is unlikely. If you're a top kingdom and you want to stay that way you're going to pick the cream of the crop when it comes to players rather than the people who are going to pay you.

What I'm trying to tell you is that people aren't going to pay for your crappy kingdom.

Why?

Because the people that are going to put the effort into creating new kingdoms are going to do it based off the shells of pre-existing kingdoms. They're going to be organized enough that they don't need to borrow your identity because it accomplishes nothing. The faster that they can build their own identity the better.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    Oh, and remember: you're handed a somewhat known, reputable shell. 25 slots. What you do with it after I've been paid, I don't care. Make it as crappy or as good as you'd like.
    I think most people would disagree that you shell is known or reputable. The only reason you're "known" is that you come onto the boards bragging about an accomplishment that isn't that difficult and nobody cares about in an attempt to inflate your own ego.

Enthusiast
    I'll have to consider make you a cash offer to join my Kingdom Gakundra.

top kds have had trade problems for ages... legalising it and putting it under controll is better than acceptiong the topkds do it and others dont or are to affraid too (you can look the other way doesnt mean its still not there)

what OMAC is doing is looking at the issue at hand, makeing changes to it, and keeping a eye on things.

im pretty sure OMAC will keep a better eye on this tradeing biz than mehul did (it was like he turned a blind eye to it).

again this is the better way to do things.

Why would I start with a shell when I can use my initial trades to get my best players in, rise up the ranks, and then trade more of them in?
    Once I have all the trades I need, and the kingdom is where it needs to be, it will be put up for sale, and someone will buy it, for one reason or another.

The top isn't a part of this - they can't benefit or make use of it, as they're too known and famous.
    Too bad that catty screwed you all out of making a profit.

I remember hawking Everquest characters, and being told the exact same things by the naive people in that game.

Besides, if people can skip putting effort into something, they will. Money is much easier to part with than time.
    How much would you pay for a top-50 kingdom, and what would you like its rep and standings around the world to be?

Regular
    To be honest. I wouldn't pay for a top 50 kingdom. The reputation means nothing. The fact that there are 25 accounts ready to go for anyone who wants them is the only thing that would be beneficial. The reputation won't stick and it takes no time for anyone to realize who is really running the kingdom in the top because of interaction and diplomacy between people.

Somebody buying a set of 25 full accounts. I can accept that as a reality. How much would I pay for it? I dunno...$5 maybe? Nobody is ever going to buy a reputation, no matter who the kingdom is. The only thing that matters is the accounts and from there people are going to be creating their own identity.

Thread Information