Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failure

Unhappy Failure

Roisin wrote:

The game is up now, and has been reset - in-game activation emails will be sent out tomorrow. In light of the delays, freeze time is to be extended for another 24 hours.

The changes posted on the forums have not been put live in-game yet - I wanted to minimise possible complications for the switch - so some of the numbers you'll see are incorrect at the moment - however, these will all be corrected before protection starts. The new guide is floating around, but it hasn't been finalised yet, so not all information there is accurate - please see my post for the correct numbers - and note, elves don't have fog!

Also of note, any provinces currently in the game will not be deleted - the game was reset previously, but won't need to be reset again.

New Login Process

When you login now, you must first create and login to a master account. Once that is created you then migrate your old province (previously referred to as your account) to your new master account. After this, your province is then accessed via the master account. If you are creating a new province, you must also create a master account, and once logged into that, you create from there.

Step by Step

1) Go to Main page
    2) Click Account login
    3) Click Sign up (top right corner) and fill in all Fields
    - Note that the e-mail address used for your master account will also be automatically used for your province, if a different e-mail address was used for your province previously.
    4) Activate via the email sent to you
    5a) To create a new province (i.e. not transferring), click Add game account
    5b) To trade into a kingdom, click Trade-in
    5c) To transfer a province from last round, click Migrate
    6) Once you've acquired a province by either of the above options, click "Login main account"
    Roisin is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

====
    Ok. I signed up again using the same e-mail I used 9 years ago and just last Age.
    And it says the following:

1 error prohibited this user from being saved

There were problems with the following fields:

* Email should look like an email address.

What gives? I entered my actual e-mail address. It damn better well "look" like an e-mail address! Any suggestions for this horrible new sign-up, master account BS???

Yeah, it sucks, and we need to campaign for them to bring back all the old, working stuff.
    Then they can camp and test the new things all they want - far, far away from the main game.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Talazar , make a random province and ask your monarch to trade you back in legally (since thats now a option).

make a new email that their systems reconside for that account. (sug: hotmail accounts work, make one you use only for utopia stuff)

agreed..im ok with the e-mail problem mine has worked but the activtion code as with previous posts is really getting on my nerves now

Guess we'll have to wait for them to fix it.

More waiting - always more waiting.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

I'm not sure why so many steps were required for a simple log-in system to get to the point where I'm now waiting for my final activation code to be sent for my province unless it has something to do with migrating the two accounts, Genesis and WoL into one account, under one email.

I am fortunate to have gotten as far as I have compared to what I am seeing others are going through. I sincerely hope these are only error messages sent and that all works out well for everyone.

activation codes for provinces are sent tomorrow! (none will be sent today) so relax.

i got thorugh the migration but now i am waiting on the activation code which according to roisin will be mailed tomorrow i think *barf*

Now what do i do till 2morrow ...

Play games.
    Want some SNES ROMS and an emulator?

"Your Activation Code will be resent to your email address within the next several minutes. "

If i push Resend activation code it gives me this :(

nop i think i would be playing CS 1.6 then ...

Yes I too get the same message but at least we know we will get it unlike some, at the moment, we just have to be patient. They will send it.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Utopia4life View Post
    activation codes for provinces are sent tomorrow! (none will be sent today) so relax.
    Stop saying this. It's plain F@#$ing wrong. They have not said that anywhere, and if they have, I challenge you to quote it here for me

Edit: Okay, I have been proven wrong. I fail to see how so many of us could have missed that >.<
    Last edited by Allanon KT; 09-11-2008 at 15:52.
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

I'm going to powergame Secret of mana 2 some more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon KT View Post
    Stop saying this. It's plain F@#$ing wrong. They have not said that anywhere, and if they have, I challenge you to quote it here for me
    game "announcements thread" > "Game News"

"The game is up now, and has been reset - in-game activation emails will be sent out tomorrow." - Quote Roisin

first line of the post by Roisin, posted today at 03:42 (gmt+1) which means tomorrow (monday) will be the day they send activation codes out for provinces emails.

Thread Information