Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Announcements - Rebuttal

Post Fiend

Game Announcements - Rebuttal

Roisin
    Utopia & Earth development

All activation codes should get mailed out in a couple of hours.

"should" is a scary word. from experiences in the past 2 days, i would think it's not going to happen.

Roisin
    Utopia & Earth development

Monarch options for account trading/moving are not functional yet - this will be fixed first thing tomorrow. If you experience other problems, please report them on the Bugs forum and they will be handled expediently. Thank you for your patience.

instead of wasting time fixing this ****, why not fix step 1 first. how is anyone supposed to be elected if hardly anyone can access the game now

Post Fiend
    I must admit at first I was thinking calm down, this is just a small mistake from OMAC's side, and we will be online playing maybe a day later.. But after first delays, it was further delayed, postponed and pretty much everyone had problems finding out what was happening cause you people didnt have a info system on the front page! So you naturally assume that everyone acces the forum for game announcements?

People looked in the blog, and after your delays, personally sat waiting yesterday till midnight untill I went to bed, woke up and found out that the game still wasnt up, and now this problem with the activation code.

Instead of giving us a deadline that cant be reached like 10 times, wasnt it an idea to give us a realistic date so we dont sit here waisting hours without getting any heads up what is happening.

Very very annoying!

Regular

Problems

For future reference, in any good IT organization, productions servers are migrated to from test servers, and those from dev servers. I would suggest following this model to avoid the disaster that is unfolding. All these changes and improvements could have been fully tested well before now on another server.

Don't forget they've had 3 months to get this all prepared.
    Or, no, wait - they had 3 months, but they decided what actions to take no more than two hours before they first announced an end-date.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Wow... Ya they sent out activation emails; that don't serve any purpose! I logged in, and it asked me for an activation code so I went to my gmail and there was an email to activate my account. Inside there was no code, just a link, and it said "to activate my account click the link."

When I clicked the link it told me my account had been activated and linked me back to the log-in page, but when I log in it tells me that I still need an activation code to activate my account.... WTH?

^ Anyone else have this problem?

I guess the first activation mail is for your master account and the second is for your prov. I myself am waiting for my provs activation code.

The acivation codes are send or going to be send soon :)

Ya, that's what I was thinking Phenom... I set them both up to the same email address so that's probably it.

Post Fiend
    I got mine a while ago :P

Oh shuddap. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by lightning reverand View Post
    I got mine a while ago :P
    I guess Yahoo mail is going last, unless there is a zmail. Damn that alphabet
    Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. -- Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I use Yahoo and I already got mine bandit lol

thats just mean
    Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. -- Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

Post Fiend
    Muhahahahaha hotmail ftw XD

Thread Information