Thread: Optimal Sci values calcs

Post Demon

Optimal Sci values calcs

My question: how do we tell the gain from adding X bpa to a sci catagory? Is tools better than alc? When should you stop adding more (if ever)?

I don't actually have any of it anymore, it was all on my work computer, and I don't work there anymore. But I'm in charge of science in the kingdom this age (yes, I know it means I don't do much, I lack the time for a truly complicated job).

I had found, human with 30% libs, that optimal equilibrium looked about like:
    Alc 2,000 bpa
    Tools 4,000 bpa
    Pop 10,000 bpa
    War no direct measurable effect
    Food 200 bpa
    Crime 500 bpa
    Magic 800 bpa

These are obviously sensitive to build strat, but provided a good guild for my prov. I noticed, when housing changed from 1x mult to .66x mult, the balance barely changed at all.

I achieved these values using a simulated prov in excel, and tried to solve the curve for each sci. But some sci interacted in weird ways... I fixed an ipah and found higher Alc made the prov worse cause it lowered BE by overdrafting more...

Don't bother telling me those numbers are wrong: I know my sim showed .5 OPNW and .5 DPNW at true max. I also know there is no point getting that pumped... better for the kingdom to just grow.

This was inspired by the vines thread... these are the questions everyone wanted to talk about but couldn't cause vines lacked math.

Think Different

Post Fiend
    Having an equal bpa in every category gives you optimal science

So are you like the science guilds masterchief, or something?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

at what tpa/wpa did you aim for? since theres channeling/crime sciences, what amount of farms/tg/forts/stables ect since thats the optimal food science amount? does its nw pr science stop to be worth trade off of farms to other buildings at 200 bpa? (that above doesnt make sense without knowing those things).

im not sure what to say, but if you actually did run these #s for your building %s could you post that kinda info, all the relavante stuff that could effect how those bpa #s came to be.

it depends on what you want to go for. IMO the only 3 you can do any real numbers on are alchemy, tools, and pop because each can be measured in terms of income given a certain military size. With my research 2 ages ago with an elf mystic, I found the optimal ratio for alchemy/tools/pop to be about 5/3/10 sci points. The other 4 categories are too subjective to do a number crunching on, but in general, I'd give them a lot more sci points than you do in your ratios

Post Fiend
    I dont know what is scarier that someone did this or that vines inspired something

Post Fiend
    Ignoring that food sci exists is also a good idea.
    Food sci works on a double log function - So lame.

IMO food sci should not be subject to exponentially decreasing gains.

Thread Information