Thread: Are GS/sch enough to protect non-sage human from learn?

Are GS/sch enough to protect non-sage human from learn?

yes/no?

If yes, now throw in the fact that I'd be the ONLY human in the kd. Now am I protected? or should I use sage instead?

What are you getting from not being sage?

Only go Sage if you plan on pumping science heavily from the beginning, to make that extra 0.5 worth the money you lose by not being merchant.

People will still learn you, regardless of your build, unless your KD is going to plunder them back.

Is your KD that defensive of its provinces?

GS wont reduce learn attacks as far as I know.
    yes Schools are enough if you plan on running those.

sage is like running 15% schools for learn protection.

lets say you run:
    sage: Sustained ... 0.5 bpa .. 9 gc ... 4.5 gc (as sage) (you ll have 1bpa pr hour 0.5+0.5)
    nonsage (15% schools): Focused ..... 0.9 bpa . 17 gc .. 15.3 gc

4.5gc pr acre upkeep (1bpa/hour) vs 12.37gc pr acre upkeep (0.9bpa/hour) (15.3 x 0.80875)

just an exsample.

I think banks help more than schools lmao... oh well... but I guess for the protection or for pumps you could stockpile gc and run schools and higher levels.

Utopia4life your knowledge of this game astounds me at times i just read some other posts,not being kiss a*s or anything....

i agree though i am going human sage this age but will be pumping staright from the off which i think most sages will be gs i think is really a waste of time for protection from learns but schoo;s will help protect you somewhat but if you have uber science you will get learned no matter what it's just part of the game

also why not just go sage if you want high science i know it does not give you the protection like when you were totally immune (ah them were the days) a few ages ago but 50% protection is enough not to hurt to much

GS protects from massacres, TM, and plunder. There is nothing in the guide or wiki to suggest it doesn't protect science as well.

I want to use merchant instead. It's a more flexible personality.

Post Fiend
    I prefer sage, I need all the protection I can get for my sci..

Post Fiend
    Yes, you are protected.

Where can i find you ingame? :-D
    Groovy!

Post Fiend
    Nowhere.. Now leave me and my 2k BPA alone :p

LOL Salomo,

In all honesty I prefer making learn attacks while Im rebuilding around mid/late game. I sci pump slightly for crime and military in the beginning, but why waste money when its easier to steal it? Lol
    - " We Are All Chalk Lines on the Concrete, Drawn Only to be Washed Away..." -

Post Fiend
    Attacking invites retaliation. Pumping doesn't.

No one will learn at the beginning. Everyone will plunder inactives as there will be LOADS of people who cant log in for the first hour and have over 1 mill GC stockpiled.

Some will hit for land on people that explored to 900 acres of course ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ishandra View Post
    No one will learn at the beginning. Everyone will plunder inactives as there will be LOADS of people who cant log in for the first hour and have over 1 mill GC stockpiled.

Some will hit for land on people that explored to 900 acres of course ;)
    Didnt quite understand, could you elaborate please? ^^
    - " We Are All Chalk Lines on the Concrete, Drawn Only to be Washed Away..." -

Post Fiend
    Think basically what he's saying is straight OOP no learns for obvious reasons. Just pillaging of inactives.

Exactly.

First 2 weeks no one will waste time on learns because the only sci pumped people will be sages. Everyone will want to plunder for massive GC on people that started their provs but havent come back for whatever reason. Plus all the farm provs ;)

Next 2 weeks onwards, people will do learns on anyone who's come out of wars, lost acres, but still has high science, etc.
    Plunders will still be big but not as many.

Coming OOP some people will have explored too much and wont have defence, so some more pumped provs (or those going for MAX NW or Acres) Will trad march them.

Thread Information