Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toughts how to get more players to utopia

Toughts how to get more players to utopia

Any ideas? or is it even possible anymore to get back to the golden years with over 100k players? imo not but bringing back old players and new players so we can get 30-35k could be somehow a realistic goal.

I've tryed to get back all friends who used o play with me back when we all where in school (back then utopia was the greatest thing,every boy in the class used to play)

I managed to get back 2 only :( many said no cause the demands in good warring kd's are too high,idle in irc all day long and wake up in the middle of night to attack etc

First, make sure OMAC delivers a quality service.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Now the game is mostly up and running a few more people will join mid age as usual.

The main thing is people here need to invite their friends to come play. Assuming the next age transition goes perfectly, I doubt players will have any problems referring people.

Possible add some kind of reward for referring people via an email/link, like 1 more trade for your KD or 1 month of premium for free.

Regular
    that kingdom must have a weak strategy/co-ordination that they need to use Robot Activity to win their war ?

2 logins in 24 hours is enough to "have fun" in utopia...

Well essentially the only way we can expend the name of Utopia exponentially without OMAC making an effort would be simply by word of mouth from the users of Utopia. Im nearly positive that the majority of the people who play this game have/or still do play another online game. However, even if every person that plays Utopia were to attempt to recruit at least one more person, still doesn't guarantee the rise of players.

Honestly thats how I started playing this game. Was playin CS a few years back and a friend mentioned this game so I checked it out.
    - " We Are All Chalk Lines on the Concrete, Drawn Only to be Washed Away..." -

Quote Originally Posted by ras128 View Post
    If thats how you define "fun" I would never want to play in your kingdom.

Sadly flutterby thats true for me as well. I often find myself after completing all the daily things that need to be done, thinking.... okay Im bored as hell, now what.
    - " We Are All Chalk Lines on the Concrete, Drawn Only to be Washed Away..." -

Post Fiend
    most Kd's now days dont even get that...

I've tryed to get back all friends who used o play with me back when we all where in school (back then utopia was the greatest thing,every boy in the class used to play)

I managed to get back 2 only :( many said no cause the demands in good warring kd's are too high,idle in irc all day long and wake up in the middle of night to attack etc
    Quote Originally Posted by ras128 View Post
    If thats how you define "fun" I would never want to play in your kingdom.
    That kind of elitist attitude is a contributing cause to Utopia's problems. I'd estimate that well over half the players are at that activity level, and it's plenty to have fun. The average kingdom would be happy to take in a new player who can commit to logging on twice a day. Of course there are kingdoms at higher levels than that, but I might well want to play in a less active kingdom again if I didn't have a kingdom on my hands already. The interesting challenge in Utopia as a monarch is forming a tight group of people who want to cooperate and improve. Not gathering a group of 25 players who all have way too much time to spend on the game. That's just a prerequisite for success the way the game is set up.
    Last edited by Catwalk; 11-11-2008 at 14:26.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Post Fiend
    agreed. well stated.

Im no average Joe. You like strawberries I like chocolate. Its all good.

as long as you have fun, others have fun as well playing with you, that nuff

Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    That kind of elitist attitude is a contributing cause to Utopia's problems.
    Hate to break this to you sweetheart, thats how I am IRL too. Its either all or nothing. I don't go into something expecting to half ass it.

Quote Originally Posted by gergnub View Post
    Im no average Joe. You like strawberries I like chocolate. Its all good.
    I like chocolate covered strawberries.

2-3 times aday is enough.

1 before you go to school/work (wake up 20mins earlier)
    2 lunch break at work/school / home from work
    3 before nighttime logon check things logoff.

this can be do in about 40mins or so pr day if you truely wanted and if you where fast with things you could be a decent player still. (you wouldnt bond that much/fast with your kd or write that much in forums but who cares, youd be able to compete and still get to know the kd abit)

this game is more fun when played at higher levels though... but still that doesnt mean spending hours and hours pr day on it.

this is a game! esp for avg. joes, just logon and have fun with it.

Hate to break this to you sweetheart, thats how I am IRL too. Its either all or nothing. I don't go into something expecting to half ass it.
    The discussion was how to get more players into the game, not your private fetishes.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Thread Information