Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fountain of Knowledge

damn. should have thought of that :) but how can i, when i read a scientific paper only ones, take out the important info and move the paper in the archive almost never to be used again

Regular
    Fok only do great differences when you are heavy pumping your science though. :)

No, humans read the same book over and over again so they get better with fewer books. When the elven scientists find out that they still have 1500 years left to live after finishing their masterpiece, they start on another one.

Fok only do great differences when you are heavy pumping your science though
    what do u concider pumping?? my gnome/rogue last age managed to sustain accelerated or intensive most of the age. research was at lower lvls only during war and almost never stopped. it's quite hard to sustain the top 2 research rates in a constantly waring kingdom.
    but yes. since tok is % based u have the greatest benefit when your research is at the highest possible lvl
    one thing i was wondering, but never bothered to calculate- is it more profitable to accumulate say 100k books for a day or 2 and then spend them all at once, or spend the books every tick as u get them. my point is that in the first case u get 100k/24*1.1. in the latter u get say what u get at focused/24*1.1. hm, should be the same i guess if u allocate 100k books at the end. or maybe not, casue in the latter case every tick the bonus is on a smaller number of books
    Last edited by Uncle; 13-11-2008 at 12:22.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    what do u concider pumping?? my gnome/rogue last age managed to sustain accelerated or intensive most of the age. research was at lower lvls only during war and almost never stopped. it's quite hard to sustain the top 2 research rates in a constantly waring kingdom.
    you really don't have any idea on what is meant by heavy pumping, do you?

And heavy pumping your science is never in a war. :P

you really don't have any idea on what is meant by heavy pumping, do you?
    i thought i did. before they implemented the new system. now regarding the kingdom developement, we don't really do pumping. it's more a constant almost-pumping :)
    and yes i don't count war time as time for any pumping other than honor

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    one thing i was wondering, but never bothered to calculate- is it more profitable to accumulate say 100k books for a day or 2 and then spend them all at once, or spend the books every tick as u get them. my point is that in the first case u get 100k/24*1.1. in the latter u get say what u get at focused/24*1.1. hm, should be the same i guess if u allocate 100k books at the end. or maybe not, casue in the latter case every tick the bonus is on a smaller number of books
    It's like when people say I get more science when I've more acres, when the science pts required scale up as well...

no, as long as you keep FoK on 24hrs you get the same result.. bigger or smaller numbers will be the same, it's still 110%, the only difference is you get a bigger number when you put in a load at the same time, and you think it gives more..

no, as long as you keep FoK on 24hrs you get the same result.. bigger or smaller numbers will be the same, it's still 110%, the only difference is you get a bigger number when you put in a load at the same time, and you think it gives more..
    yeah thought so :) it's like 'objects in the mirror appear further than they are'

Regular
    i thought i did. before they implemented the new system.
    lol. The game changes which make most of us stick to this game. The curiosity i suppose. :)

and yes i don't count war time as time for any pumping other than honor
    i thought war time is the time to grab everything other than science? You don't like honor?

i thought war time is the time to grab everything other than science? You don't like honor?
    i don't have anything against the sytem. quite like it actually. and i don't see the connection between your question and my statement since they are saying the same thing. and i do like honor. the only thing worth fighting for actually

Quote Originally Posted by danny83 View Post
    lol. The game changes which make most of us stick to this game. The curiosity i suppose. :)

the competition is what keeps players. (not the small changes)
    The smarter you use your province, and your kd works together, the stronger you are as a competitor and the better you end up. Thats the basic drive of the game, you learn some people and come to relie on them and work together with them for the betterment of the kingdom.

I like to start hostiles waves with massacres/learns ;)
    (midgame ish, if your low on sciences)
    (massacres is for the hybrids with low defense, a few of these can normally disable a hybrid before a war even starts)

Thread Information