Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elf vs Gnome vs DE reflections

gnomes losses is interesting though. double losses relativelycompared to elves will be (250x2)500gc/off compared to 700gc/off . even with this, gnome is still cheaper to replace, but its an interesting factor

you are talking 1 vs 1
    and you forgot to calculate pitfalls
    in my kd the elfs work together close with lands,acres etc
    we would attack somebody 3 times and make sure ms is 24/7 active on that province
    and most gnomes who turtle are nubs
    so they do something very stupid and would get dubble tapped by our orcs

Post Fiend
    -1vs1 and in the whole
    -everyone can get pitfalls
    -a kd always make sure it has 2or3 who always keep ms on

If im not a noob, why would i be targetted if i could keep a higher def with gnomes, with same off out, and why would it be a reason for doubletapping?

elves attacker/mage cant do much harm with magic, since the need to keep their selfspells on and they cant run a very high wpa(you cant run too low tpa)..they dont wanna have 20% towers. the wpa isnt enough to make secure off spells. Gnome in other hand, can nightstrike all his stealth..and have all his mana for selfspells. And from my point of view gnome will do bigger harm. (im not speaking top kds. there anything can happen)

Post Fiend
    sure, many run wts and cs..but in lowerranked kds, many lack of it.

Veteran
    how come nobody talks about Elf/sage...with sci made easier and the elves still being the most versatile race, that combo should warrant some attention.

Post Fiend
    from my point of view, science doesnt have any bigger impact nowadays
    even with sage, it wont be effective(and even then, not noticeably effective) until midage or so..and i humans are the only ones benefitting from it, since theyre automatically dependant of science.

Net worth efficiency of DE elite is horrible. Worst in game by far. The other two are more or less on par.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Dark Elf's main weakness is static defense. This only matters OOW. In war your army will be out and everyone will have around the same DPA.

The elite might be fat in NW but it is still worth running an all elite defense. You save space and you are only running it for defense which is less units than used for offense.

Plus you can run forts to decrease the amount of elites even more and still have the minimum defense needed without getting double tapped.

The only other A/M really worth playing is elf and maybe dwarf. Now there is no way an elf or dwarf is going to get away with using 30% towers and 15-20% guilds for MS, LL and Tornadoes. This is where the Dark Elf comes to play.
    Gamer4Life

Thread Information