Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elf mystic and runes

Thumbs down Elf mystic and runes

Im going elf/mystic this age. Ive played elf once before and i remeber i had big problems with the economy over 3000 acres. And i remember sitting with 60% mana,never having any runes. Hopefully the economy part will be solved this time with -50% wages, still runes...

I believe the problems mainly comes from low BE, so this age ill try and stay around 100% BE. Still this means i will need 34% towers to be able to cast a MS every hour. It also means i need to have at least 11 peasants or more, with high wpa not leaving much for my def/off.

Do you have any suggestions about how to handle this problem, and dont tell me "go DE" cause i did once, and never going down that road again.

I had the same problem last age. What I do is get some more thieves and go A/T/M and steal the runes you need from your opponent. It serves a dual purpose, neither have they got the runes to cast selfspells, but I can cast MS on them (with their own runes). It just means you're a bit weaker on the offense.

Only thing is that it doesn't work against a kingdom full of DE.

But since DE sux on defense and turtling, then you can go more to being an attacker and since your wpa is already high then you don't need to worry about DE mystic casting MS on you.

That's why DE sux in comparison to elves.
    Last edited by freemehul; 12-11-2008 at 10:34.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

that is why I love elves. It has great flexibility. If you need to be more of an attacker, then have less thieves. If you need to be more of a mage, then get more thieves.

science helps with rune production if i'm not mistaken. Though i've never seen any formula showing the effects. You can also stockpile runes before war, though and good rogue that sees them is going to steal them.

yes science does help, but it is never enough

That leads me to another question, channeling science says: "you also increase the amount of runes produced by your towers each day" So if i have +60% modifier it would be +60% runes produced.

Now, does the +30 magic race bonus affect runes produced or not?

Yeah, I have a suggestion: don't go hardcore A/M with elf.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Regular
    Only increase WPA I believe.

Regular
    And 34% towers? Are you serious? Casting MS every hour? Are you the only T/M or even player in your kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    Now, does the +30 magic race bonus affect runes produced or not?
    The exact formula used to be:

"30% magic effectiveness and rune production."

Since there is no mention about the rune production I'd assume that's not affected anymore.
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

Regular
    i think you might consider to go artisan to get the bonus for the buildings to have everything balance up. Running with 34% of towers might get yourself in trouble on other things. unless if you go hardcore super mage.

a bit late for changing now isent it :)

Running 34% towers will also mean you'll make a great target for thieves in war. Elves running a decent TPA, who don't have enough runes to cast all their self spells, let alone offensive ones, will love you...

And 34% towers? Are you serious? Casting MS every hour? Are you the only T/M or even player in your kingdom?
    Nah, we are 4 DE Mage, and 2 Thieves, rest attackers. Why shouldent i put my high wpa to use and do harder spells with it? I would like to leave storms, greed and info spells to my attackers.

It's not worth it putting on meteors every hour.
    We're running three solid mystics this age, and I'm one of them. Combin ed, we'll be able to do some nasty 24/7 coverage of meteors on all key targets.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Thread Information