Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Runelords OOC/Signups

@Alucard:

1. Yes, that's perfectly fine.

2. It depends on how long you have had the endowments and how many you have. Without any endowments of metabolism a person just ages normally. With 1, they age twices as fast, with 2, three times as fast, and so on. It also depends on how long you have had them too.

My characters real age and physical age aren't too far apart because he hasn't had his endowment of metabolism for very long and only has 1. Up to 6-7 endowments of metabolism and you should be still alright though you will be aging pretty fast. Past 8-10 endowments of metabolism and its getting pretty dangerous; but hey, you'll be living life in the fast lane ^^.

@Dia (Mind if I call you Dia?):

I'm not completely sure what you mean but I am assuming you mean "roll" as in dice to get the numbers (for endowments I'm guessing)? If that is the case then you don't really "roll" to get the numbers; unless of course you just want to.

Really using the endowments is all about balance of strengths and weaknesses. Example: If you have 5 endowments of Brawn and only 1 of Stamina, then you will seriously hurt yourself if you ever use more strength than normal. Having 5 endowments of Brawn and 3-5 endowments of Stamina will counter that danger though. Another example: You have 4-5 endowments of Metabolism and only 1 of Grace; then you will be pretty fast but your body won't be able to naturally control that speed so it gets dangerous once again.

There is an explanation to all the endowments and how they work in the introductory post. If you have anymore questions though let me know, I'm glad to answer them ^^
    "Chatrooms are evil places were Men are Men, Women are Men, and Children are the FBI."

Veteran
    hey GE ;) glad to see you back... ;) Been a long time coming. :)

I'll try and get a charsheet up, but i'll be gone this weekend.

I have one question. Metab runes, does stamina still counterbalance the metab effects? I remember that was one reason why Atahn simply wasn't dead after a few seconds in the last one, among other reasons. And if you have no metab runes, does stamina help you age less slowly, metabolically?

@Alucard: Looks good, welcome aboard :)

@Rensha: Thanks for bringing that up, I forgot. Yes and yes, but you need quite a few stamina runes to counterbalance the metabolism.
    "Chatrooms are evil places were Men are Men, Women are Men, and Children are the FBI."

Veteran
    (for charsheet, see newer post)
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 23-11-2008 at 18:49.

I see what you're getting an Rensha; having a fast mind would help a lot with being able to control what actions you take quicker. But also, Grace affects a persons dexterity, which by definition means that it affects a persons mental skill(quickness) and adroitness, making them more responsive. So while I think having a high wit could help control speed, I don't really think it's as essential as high grace when it comes to physical reaction time.

Though of course, it's up to the TC. ;P

Looks like fun... nothing I've ever heard of before, but a lot of fun. Just a question though, if I wanted to TRY and play a wizard, should I PM you the character sheet for approval first, or what? (Note I emphasised the word try, LMAO)

@Rensha: Alucard pretty much answered your question. Wit will help affect your ability to think quickly, but not as much as grace.

@Rosgwak: Yes, PM it to me instead of just posting it on here. It wouldn't hurt to be thinking of another character as well, just in case.
    Last edited by Crashtastic; 20-11-2008 at 00:05.

Veteran
    posted the knight of pinevale, i'll do the ruling body later. I just edited my last post.

Regular
    Crash, who are you? Goldeneye?

I'm Crash... Who's Goldeneye?

Regular
    Goldeneye was a regular on the old boards. Ren commented "hey GE" (see top).

I was kinda wondering the same thing myself. Care to explain Ren? ;)

Veteran
    not really. Crash knows whats up. :)

Just kinda checking in. When do you think the Ic will be up?

I just figured that Rensha was commenting on someone else, I didn't think he meant me ^^

@Wildfire: I kind of started this thread at a bad time with Thanksgiving coming up and all, which makes it harder for me just a little. I will probably leave the thread open for a little bit longer and let those who showed interest in joining post a character sheet if they are still interested. A little bit meaning sometime before next Thursday.

i am going to make a character....not rped in this before but i have read some of the books though it was a year or two ago.

Thread Information