Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Runelords OOC/Signups

Veteran
    Force Knight:

Name: Forsythe "Scythe" Kejilas
    Physical Age: 30
    Sex: M
    Rank: Secret Police (His status in the military is non-de-facto. He has authority in situations involving others militarily, but his role is outside of it entirely, and takes his authority and orders straight from the ruling body.)

General Description:

Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 185 lbs
    Hair Color/Style: Black hair to bottom of shoulder blades, often in ponytail. Quite curly the last few inches.
    Eye Color: Vibrant, almost florescent, green.
    Distinctive Mark: Aside from his eyes? His next most distinctive feature would be the half crescent mark on the side of his neck about two inches in diameter. Other tattoos are about his body, in mostly hidden location, but that is the most odd and striking one.

Province Name: Pinevale
    Capital City: Redwood
    Terrain: Large tracts of forest gives way to an old dormant cinder cone, giving the ground a unique black sand. Near the cone, the land is still recovering after hundreds of years, but still gives way to forests of pine. Even on the old extinct cone, trees are scattered. Regarded as a holy place by many in the province and some others around, a gift and curse of the Elements. Pretty much recovered in its entirety. A rugged country, a reddish sand away from the cone, and gradually raising in elevation to a set of mountain peaks numbering four. Limited arable land, so production of wheat stuffs are less than desired. However natural berries and fruit bearing bushes and trees (Like apple) are cultivated in groves. Few metallic deposits, but they do exist. They are a leading exporter, though, of coal in both the charcoal variety and the underground veins.

Main Exports: Lumber, Skins, Precious and Semi-Precious Stones, Food (meats: Venison, cony, fish, buffalo, elk, goat), Coal (charcoal and coal veins), forcibles (A deposit is given to commissioning province upon delivery of bloodmetal, once the forcible is made the moneys are returned plus interest and agreed-upon price for forcible). Steel (made from coals and charcoals and imported iron).
    Main Imports: Iron, Food (grains, dairy, meats (beef)), precious metals (jewelry crafting), bloodmetal (See above).

Brawn:3
    Grace:3
    Stamina:3
    Wit:1
    Smell:1
    Sight:1
    Hearing:1
    Glamour:0
    Voice:1
    Metabolism:0

History: Forsythe has led an interesting life. For the better half of his career in the military, he was merely a captain of little import, but great prospect and skill. For a few of his accomplishments, he was able to take the full credit for, rather than his superiors. His value on an individual level appeared to rise in the eyes of his Lord. There was no lack of personal ambition, but the Lord saw in him a deeper loyalty to Pinevale that was first in his life, putting that ambition on the back-burner. It was precisely the quality of desiring the growth of Pinevale over his own personal accomplishments that got him a prestigious and secretive assignment. None would know of his goings on but the Lord, and none would have authority over him but the Lord. He was blessed with high authority and cursed with obscurity and ambiguity. However, to Forsythe, it was duty and service.

This required the use of Runes, which he was not altogether too pleased about. He felt that the very things others gave him were the things he valued most in himself. To have them taken away would be a fate worse than death to him.

------------

Still somewhat of a rough draft.

Crash, wasn't sure if you saw this or not, didn't bring up any points good or bad. Am I in?

I'll have the lord up if he is allowed. The lord won't be my primary character I suspect, but he will be a frequently visited character. Actually I'll probably have plenty of them, but they won't have runes.

Ok, this is my spot for a character once I figure out what the heck Runelords is all about. I put it into Wikipedia and suddenly was informed it was a series of novels, so I am going to do some research and then put up a character.

Cheers...

@Cookie: Sounds good, looking forward to having you ^^

@Rensha: Sorry, I don't know how I missed that before. It all looks good, welcome aboard.

@Dia: Alright, if you have any questions let me know.
    "Chatrooms are evil places were Men are Men, Women are Men, and Children are the FBI."

Veteran
    I'm not really sure what personality i want to give the Lord/Mistress of Pinevale.

I'll post a charsheet of him when I get writing IC and start to feel out his character a little more.. I know there will be five members of the Secret Police. I'll go into more depth with that in PMs if you want, Crash.

Alright, that's fine, you can bring him/her out anytime. You don't have to go into more depth unless you just wanted to.
    "Chatrooms are evil places were Men are Men, Women are Men, and Children are the FBI."

ok.. just signing in again......*waits*

I'm about ready to create a character, but I had a question first: if a dedicate gives up his Metabolism (and thus falls asleep and doesn't age) would he then get it back when his Runelord died?

I think that if the Runelord dies than the Dedicate dies. But if the dedicate dies the Runelord doesnt die, but loses the Ablity. I think.... * waits for answer*

I was reading some FAQs about it, and apparently if the Runelord dies, the dedicate gets everything back that was taken. So my question in terms of metabolism would have been, if a dedicate gives his metabolism to a runelord who has extra long life and lives for hundreds of years and the dedicate is asleep and not aging, then when the runelord awakes, the dedicate would awaken again.

Rules being of course that once someone gives away an endowment, they can't anymore (only can be a dedicate once), but still would make for a very interesting character who goes to sleep and wakes up five hundred years later, who then goes on to become a Runelord but knowing what the world was like five hundred years ago.

That could be interesting .. specially if he or she woke up in a Modern setting rather than a medieval setting.

So incredibly sorry everybody. I got busy, days flew by, and before I knew it I was gone for Thanksgiving, sorry again. I'm working on an IC post now.

@Dia: That would be interesting, the only problem with that in this Runelords world is that five hundred years ago there were no forcibles, endowments, or dedicates ^^
    Last edited by Crashtastic; 01-12-2008 at 03:54.

Just popping in so you know I'm still around. I'll most likely be making my intro post tonight, tomorrow night by the latest unless something important comes up.

Bio/History: Genevera Jtsai comes from a normal peasant family that served the lords and nobles of Corr in the land of Indhopal. Her parents were farmers, providing the necessary food for the local monarchy. In return for the dedication the Jtsai family offered to the monarchy, Genevera was granted the oppurtunity at the age of 10 to live and train with the Guardians of Light. This elite group of Flame Weavers were entrusted to protect villages throughout the land of Indhopal. For 12 years, she trained to control the overwhelming force that was inside her, to one day become the most respected and revered Flame Weaver among the Guardians of Light. Although Genevera is quite young, and continues to lack certain key traits and discipline a true Flame Weaver needs to possess - her drive and dedication has overcome the faults and flaws many young people face.

Genevera's spirit is bright - her intentions are always good, however her judgment can be quite off.

Although small in stature, her body and mind is trained to endure severe physical contact. Although her main offense is manipulating fire, she can be fierce competitor in hand to hand combat.

Name: Genevera Jtsai
    Physical Age: The average 20 year old.
    Sex: Female

General Description: Long silver staff encrested with precious stones and metals. The top features a large red stone that continuously has a flame burning inside. Large metal spirals encase the red stone.
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 125pounds
    Hair Color/Style: Layered shoulder length white hair, shaped with dark blood red highlights around her face.
    Eye Color: Bright Blue
    Distinctive Mark: Tattoos of old magical inscriptions running up the underside of each arm.

Province Name: Corr
    Capital City: Ladiem
    Terrain: Urban / Rural - forest.
    Main Exports: Lumber
    Main Imports: Metals

OOC: Hi there! Wow - I haven't been on these forums in like...over 3 years. I don't know why - but I decided...I'm going to join a thread tonight! Haha. A lot has changed. *blinks* It seems the threads aren't as active as they once were, way back when. I haven't done this in so long - so apologize for my rustiness.

I know that the thread is an open story - so I will kinda jump in - but if you have anything that needs to be changed concerning my character - I will change it accordingly.

Hey ...Im not trying to be mean ..... The GM has some strict rules not allowing us to play wizards ... you might want to have the GM aprrove your character before start playing....

*blinks*

Wow. I completely missed that. *reads things again*

Hmmmmm. Yesm. You're completely correct. :(

Hmmm. Well I will wait for the GM to approve - or to change my character. I apologize oh gracious GM. :D

Thread Information