Thread: Training in protection - inspire army or not.

Training in protection - inspire army or not.

I was just logging on to start training my army, close to 24 hours before oop. Then it hit me, should i really do IA before training, then the troops come in faster, and i have to pay more wages.

Idealy of course casting IA and training at 18 hours left, but i dont want to get up at 4 am here.

So i trained and then i did IA.

Enthusiast
    What is your question?

You kinda wasted runes and mana but you sleep and they will regenerate so that doesn't matter.

Hmmmm... I suppose that training and then IA after would save you some gc.
    Everyone has standards. Some are just higher than others.

Enthusiast
    If he should cast IA before training and pay more wages, due to the army training in faster and several hours before OOP....or something.

Enthusiast
    IA does reduce wages am aware.

What I am curious is that there is no question or anything... just telling us what he did.

Sir Postalot
    well, if you train ON the first, then train next 2-3 hours, then when you wake up, cast IA, and start training, guess thats ok...

What I am curious is that there is no question or anything... just telling us what he did.
    he is asking if it's worth casting IA to train, 24 hours before OOP, rather than the 18 hours people normally do with IA

Enthusiast
    It wouldn't hurt, sure it will save a bit of money from having to pay a little bit less wage.
    Last edited by Diego; 13-11-2008 at 21:33.

I was just thinking the same thing, I won't go up at 5 am to train. IA or not...

I hope Allrias has it right. If you train first and then IA, the troops will not train any faster, can anyone confirm that?

Post Fiend
    thats how it is yes.

Enthusiast
    That's right. If you cast IA after you train your soldiers, they wont train any faster, you will only pay them a bit less due to IA reducing wages slightly.

Thanks, then I'll do just that.

Enthusiast
    In the last 24hrs, use IA.

Perhaps an explanation is warrented...

if you are training 2400 soldiers (to make numbers easy) and train exactly 24 hours before protection ends:
    if you train before casting IA, you will train 100 soldiers per day, completing them at end of protection. Your military wages will then increase by the wages paid per trained soldier times 100 each hour.
    However, if you cast IA first, you train those soldiers in 18 hours. Your wages increase by wages paid per trained soldier times 133 per hour. Additionally, you are paying wages for the entire 2400 trained soldiers for the remaining 6 hours.
    So, provided you train 24 hours before oop, you shoudl save some gc due to the slower increase in wages over the 24 hour time frame if you cast IA after training.

However, if you train after this 24 hours time frame before oop, you will have to consider the risk to reward of having some troops trained after protection ends.
    Everyone has standards. Some are just higher than others.

Regular
    If you are shepherd with IA on. you need 13 hours to train the troops. So for shepherd, be sure to train your troops 14 hours before coming OOP. :)

That's right. If you cast IA after you train your soldiers, they wont train any faster, you will only pay them a bit less due to IA reducing wages slightly.
    Thats exactly my point. Im sorry the question wasent clear, but i was pretty tired when i wrote this.

Thread Information