5% Farms
    20% Training Grounds
    15% Barracks
    15% Hospitals
    8% Guilds
    21% Thieves Dens
    11% Stables

I has R "fixed" it ;)
    steal runes when you need small spells, steal food like every other day in small amounts = this would work well.
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall

VT2 who said anything about 10% farms? nvm i see it in the original strat now sry.

And you shouldn't have to rely on stealing to meet your minimum upkeep requirements.

Humans don't "need" banks but they make ur province a lot stronger, useing them in war is arguable though.

I would think it would be better in war to have low guilds and just have more guilds when you are out of war.

Oh and bigboywasim, yes you did.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cheech
    Humans aren't meant for attacking OOW. They are meant for lowering their draft and pumping.

When you attack OOW you'll just end up losing more than you gain.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigboywasim
    I agree
    Last edited by poodimus; 16-11-2008 at 00:40.

Quote Originally Posted by poodimus View Post
    VT2 who said anything about 10% farms?

And you shouldn't have to rely on stealing to meet your minimum upkeep requirements.

Humans don't "need" banks but they make ur province a lot stronger, useing them in war is arguable though.

I would think it would be better in war to have low guilds and just have more guilds when you are out of war.

Oh and bigboywasim, yes you did.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cheech
    Humans aren't meant for attacking OOW. They are meant for lowering their draft and pumping.

When you attack OOW you'll just end up losing more than you gain.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigboywasim
    I agree
    I agree for the early part of the age. Later you can find good learn targets.

If pumping is better than I will pick pumping.

I will not say that a human should never attack OOW.
    Gamer4Life

Enthusiast
    poodimus, you are an utter retard if you think a human gains more with a 65% draft with military buildings out OOW. Your the moron asking for advice in another thread so we give it to you but you don't like it. Then you continue peddling your idiotic notion that somehow you gain more with considerably less peasants and military buildings.

If someone wants to play human the right way they steal and pump OOW; that is the best possible way to maximize your income and science bonuses. In order to continue to attack, you need to use up over half of your land in attacking buildings (Hospitals, TGs, Rax, Stables) as opposed to pumping buildings (Banks, Homes, Schools, Forts).

How about pulling your head out of your ass before attacking people that give a lot better advice than you do?

Post Fiend
    @ Utopia4life oops He asked if his build was okay...So i just kept what he already had and changed the numbers ><

5% Farms
    18% Training Grounds
    15% Barracks
    15% Hospitals
    8% Guilds
    20% Thieves Dens
    7% stables and 2% dungeons
    10% forts

Steal runes and food :D
    Last edited by lightning reverand; 16-11-2008 at 05:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    poodimus, you are an utter retard if you think a human gains more with a 65% draft with military buildings out OOW. Your the moron asking for advice in another thread so we give it to you but you don't like it. Then you continue peddling your idiotic notion that somehow you gain more with considerably less peasants and military buildings.

If someone wants to play human the right way they steal and pump OOW; that is the best possible way to maximize your income and science bonuses. In order to continue to attack, you need to use up over half of your land in attacking buildings (Hospitals, TGs, Rax, Stables) as opposed to pumping buildings (Banks, Homes, Schools, Forts).

How about pulling your head out of your ass before attacking people that give a lot better advice than you do?
    I think maybe you should go back and read the thread, never did i say i would run 65% OOW, which is what the build was for. I also never said i would get more, i don't even know what you think i would get more of.

I did say i thought it was more cost-effecient to do moderate science all through age than constantly pump OOW. And you never gave any evidence on how you were right so you can't whine when I don't take it to heart. I never said i didn't like your advice, i just didn't agree with most of it. I guess you've never heard of a debate.

Besides the game isn't just about maximizing income and science even for humans, it's about having fun and pumping constantly isn't fun.

So Cheech, how about actually reading posts and THEN giving advice. It works a lot better that way.

EDIT: if you're going to continue to whine do it in the Human Sage thread so as not to spam this unrelated thread.
    Last edited by poodimus; 16-11-2008 at 06:36.

Enthusiast
    So let me get this straight, you only wanted to have a discussion with me by going out of your way to another thread and telling someone not to listen to me? Moron. A debate isn't telling someone else not to listen to someone without justifying your position. Jesus christ do you even know anything?

Don't act like the god damn victim here; you're the one that went out of your way to follow me to another thread and say that I give bad advice when you are the newb asking for advice to begin with.

Now you call me a whiner when you started it. I'm not going back to your retarded thread when you're the only who goes out of the way to start it here. You want to move to another thread do it yourself, chump.

If I run into a half-pumped human/sage or human/rogue they will be stomped all over by pretty much any other race. It should be fairly obvious to anyone that has the slightest idea as to what they are doing.

... It's not my fault you give bad advice for humans. I was debating with you in the other thread, I was just warning the guy in this one. I wasn't even talking to you actually.

I'm not the victim i did attack you, i'm not trying to be the victim. I'm just pointing out the flaws in you counter attack, which were numerous.

Whatever i tried.

And why would they be stomped over? Is it their 6 def specs? or there 6 off elites? How about the high pop sci that any hum attacker should have? Oh ok i think i've got it now. It must be the fact that all the other races have better magic.

Enthusiast
    Feel free to disagree and not do it, but be prepared to not have the economy of a DE A/t or the thievery capabilities of a gnome A/t. If properly pumped you should be close enough to each so that you notice a big difference between a lesser pumped province. Last age we had humans in my kingdom that did a proper pump and some that continued attacking over the same time span; guess whose provinces were in better shape come war time.

Calling pumping OOW as much as possible bad advice is just plain ignorant. Look at the bonuses. Which bonus tells you attacking is better than straight pumping - the science effectiveness, the income, or the 20% stronger def spec?

I call it the bonus of growing larger and more powerful. The more effective def spec makes it easier to keep the lands you get so it's ideal for a slow and steady land increase. All their bonuses just help their growth.

There is a drawback of being susceptible to mages in war with this growing strategy though. i'll give you that.

Enthusiast
    If your kingdom's goal is growth that's one thing; but if you're growing for the sake of growing that is a problem in most kingdoms. If you want to grow, pump, and then land drop for war thats another good idea, but there is little to be gained by simply growing especially when you have such a sexy income and science effectiveness bonus. Reach your desired size as quick as possible and pump; that's the name of the game now that incoming science is based on land. Those who don't adapt end up with worse provinces in the end.

Isn't it the goal of most kingdoms to grow more powerful? I mean i know some kds go for honor and others for massive exploring (massive boring more like) but isn't it all about becoming powerful and having a few wars along the way? I'm in a bit of a ghetto so we don't have any set kd goals really.

Post Fiend
    No I don't think most kingdom goals are to simply grow. By and large I believe most kingdoms go for wars. Aiming for the honor and land/nw charts are reserved for high end kingdoms at least if you expect to make it on there. Land and networth do NOT equal power. Power must be measured relatively, and at every land size you can only compare your power to others of similar sizes, and in the end its all going to measure out pretty equally. The measure of true power in this game is knowledge, kingdom cohesion, and of course activity. Now if you want your province to measure favorably on the power scale of other provinces of your size, knowledge of how to build a good province and science levels are going to be what sets you apart.

Well that's were we differ, i measure power in total offensive and defensive power. Also in TPA and WPA. For instance, there should be no way a 1000 acre prov should be more powerful than a 2000 acre prov. someone with more land has more total offensive and defensive power, or they should anyway. All of your levels of true power help you get those though.

All the kds i've been in have wanted to have around 4 wars an age and gain as much nw and land as possible without becoming fat. but that's just my experience.

Thread Information