Thread: Come join the Cult of Personality!

Wink Come join the Cult of Personality!

All hail the Great Flim Flam Man!

He who has come from his birthplace deep in the vastness of the greatest of oceans to absolve us of our guilt and take away our fears, and protect us from the dangers cultivated by his predacessor, He who Shal Not be Named! The earth shall cool, the oceans shall recede, and creatures large and small, endangered or once thought to be extinct shall crawl from their hiding places and flurish in the new world which is to come! Our forests will return! Our rivers will shead the decades of contaminants, becoming once again clean and untarnished! Our energy shall be carbon free! Industry will be clean and pure as new fallen snow!

Blessed be the Chiseler in Chief!

The dark age of He Who Shal Not be Named has ended. We enter a new age of peace! Those who in the past wished us dead for how we live and what we believe will put down their swords and walk with us, arm in arm, into the great future which awaits! No more shal the threat of global nuclear annhialation cloud our souls with sorrow. No more shal the ire of the world be directed to us for the brutality and agression of He Who Shal Not Be Named! We return once again to the shining city on the hill, and we shall be loved by all mankind! Through the sheer force of his commanding elloquence, peace will envelope the Earth, and all shall be sublime!

Your faith in our Prime Grifter shal be rewarded!

Though our welth has declined, and our econemy is laied low, fear not! Salvation has come! Do not cower in fear because those he has appointed to deligate change are the same that watched blindly as the cataclysm aproched. That trepidation will separate the faithful from the unbelievers. Their (and your) ignorance is his strenght. A mind such as his requires no council, but he has much to teach us all. He shall rally us to industry! He shall guide us to resourcefullness and productivity! Entrenched burocracies will be torn asunder, the evil and covitous CEO's will be vanquished, and once again credit and profits will flow like water! Now, however, they shal flow down hill, to those who diserve it most.

Experience is irrelivent. Education is irrelivent. Voting records, words and speaches of the past have no bearing on what is to come. All you need to concscern yourself with is the power of his word, and the eminations of his very presence. Feel the euphoria of his message spread thorugh you! Give in to the lure of his syrens voce, and become one with hope and change! Ignore what the nonbelievers tell you is "Fact" and feel the truth of his message!

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! He is but a shade of our wonderous oricle! Fear not the sycophants and leaches, who seeing his greatnes, have come to bathe in his light and steal his glory. We must not fear his false apostles, for he could feel the sins of those such as Ayres and Dorhn, Blogo and Rezco, Pflager and Meeks, Kahlidi and Wright, Raines and Johnson, Fanny Mae and Freddy Mack......but I digress. These associations are not a detriment to his charactor, but rather speak to power of it, for he emerged from the pit of serpents without being bitten. Unsoiled. He has truely shown us he is incorruptable. These terrorists, marxists and con men saw but the appariton The Great One wished them to see, and their malicousness and greed was transmuted to the power of good by his gift of will.

And what will he require of us for all that he can give? A pittance, really;almost nothing at all. Only your freedom, your property, and your soul.

Yes, we can.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Seems like your a member of some Rush Limbaugh cult.

Sorry if I decided to not vote for an old cancerous man, (sorry if that's offensive but anyone who got a brain realizes that its a true danger that he could die), with the back up being an inexperienced beauty queen.

I voted for the man with a similar ideology to mine. I don't want more deregulation, I want smarter regulations. I want judges who respect the right to privacy. I also want someone who won't be an extreme hawk.

Judgement trumps experience. Most of the presidents with a lot of experience were bad (Jimmy Carter), while those with little can still be good, (Abraham Lincoln.)

I see your point of "Cult of Personality", but its not Maoism or Castroism. Its about being inspired, and feeling comfort in our leader. Its like FDR's fireside chats. Is he perfect? No. But nothing's wrong with being a great orator. I mean, most republican's still cream their jeans about Reagan's speaking ability. So don't act like oratory is a fault.

In short, I strongly object to the assumption that I was uninformed about my voting, and was just dazzled by demagoguery and fantasy.

By the way:

Quote Originally Posted by Cultist of Personality View Post
    Education is irrelivent.
    is ironic in 2 ways. Apparently Harvard's degree in constitutional law is Flim Flam to you, as are english lessons, as evidenced by your repeated misspelling of "irrelevant." Maybe use spellcheck. : D
    Last edited by SnuggleySoft; 30-12-2008 at 23:42.

Enthusiast
    Right, cultist of personality. So the only true qualification you need for office is experience? Then a bump on a log could run for president, it just has to sit at the capital for 10 years first.

Personally I prefer the one who is qualified. As Snuggley said, he displays judgement. He can hire someone who "has the experience" to be his advisor.

You should all worship me instead.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

You make a better devil than cult leader.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Enthusiast
    For a second there, I thought it was return of Morbo.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

For all of you that don't recognize the sarcasm in that post, Let me clarify my positon. I'm not indicting anyone for voting for Obama for pres, or supporting him now that he is elected. We were doomed to have a Prime Grifter regardless of who won this election. My point is that what historically were the chriteria used to pick leaders in the US have disappeared from the debate, and all that matters is how a candidate makes you feel. I noticed the degridation of this process starting with Regan, reinforced by Clinton, and now culminating with the most recent election. The Republicans thought they had a winning emblem of their side in John McCain, abandoning what historically had been their core pricipals as well. It just so happens, he's even more of a rellic than they thought, and has been fermenting inside the beltway too long to make an emotional connection with the American people.

And yes, SnugglySoft, ANY Harvard degree is a sham. A survey of graduating seniors I read in 2001 found 5 of 6 couldn't even explain why the seasons changed. They were very good at making their BS answers sound intelligent, but that didn't change the fact that they were wrong. Long before that, I declined a full ride scholarship to Harvard because it has become nothing more than a satus symbol for the mutual admaration society we worship as the "intelectual elite." A diploma from any ivy league school is a meaningless $200,000 bauble to show off how much better you are than everyone else. Another example of the expansion of the cult of personality.

As for my spelling. Sorry if my learning disability annoys you. If my wheelchair gets in your way, I won't blame you for making fun of that eithor.

Maybe 5 out of 6 Harvard students took bio instead of astronomy? Is that really the quota of intelligence? And I'd like to see the survey myself.

Enthusiast
    Ranks up there with the reports that 9 out of 10 graduating seniors (from high school) in the US couldn't find Iraq on a globe; couldn't name the capital of their state; and couldn't identify half of the current members of the President's staff. Strangely enough, the ones who could identify the politicians all responded that they watched the Daily Show with Jon Stewart regularly.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me when I will use the @#$%^&ing train equation from algebra in real life.

Any degree is just a waste of time and money for status reasons, whether it is ivy league or not. Few people actually try to learn.

Thread Information