Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elf Mystic A/M war strat HELP!

Elf Mystic A/M war strat HELP!

Got the unfortunate duty of playing elf mystic A/M this age and its actually not turning out too terrible. I'm looking for a good war strat. I'm 1k acres with 25% channeling and 6% income sci. Going to be warring pretty heavy rogue kd so need about 8-10% wts and i want at least 17.5% towers. Also, do you guys have any suggestions on homes compared to banks as my econ is going to suck anyways.

Post Fiend
    My war strat suggestion for your 1k acres Elf/Mystic is below... enjoy:)

Homes - 10%
    Farms - 10%
    Banks - 15%
    Baracks - 10%
    TG - 10%
    Forts - 10%
    Guilds - 15%
    Towers - 20%

I think an Elf with Clearsight 24/7 and 2 raw TPA don't need WTs. Maintain above 90% BE also and your good to go.

Post Fiend
    Id run less guilds as guild % doesn't matter in offensive spells. I would however run watchtowers as rogues can aw wizzies easily with no wt's. And depending on your attacking ability as well as the kingdoms, I would alter the tg's and forts to higher %'s as they're pretty good in same %'s.

Enthusiast
    Guilds are rather important for spell duration and self spell success. You don't want to have to burn extra mana/runes on self spells.

My kingdom is going:

8% Farms
    15% Rax
    15% TG
    10% WT
    15% Guilds
    20% Towers
    12% Homes

5% left over that will be thrown in to other buildings as needed. Numbers will be adjusted depending on who we face (more towers when science is low, more wt vs thieves, more tg/rax for attacks).

Postaholic
    **this is for major player's strat**

cut farms to 8%, fort to 7%, towers to 15%, banks to 10% and rax to 0%,

then up TG to 20%, stables to 10%, WT to 10%

then u'll be good to go

15% guild is not too many. u need it to safely cast self spells so u dont waste too much mana fizzling. also duration spells are affected by guild %, even if its offensive. and lastly u gotta take consideration of incoming land, cuz it will drop to ~10% very quickly

rax are not needed if u want to play a/m. its much more important that u stay safe (by having better military). with QF ur attack time will be under 12h anyway

15% towers probably is not enough, but its pointless keeping more than that, better to rely on aid than dedicating 5% additional land

u need stables for the extra offense, otherwise ur military will suck so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Major Player View Post
    My war strat suggestion for your 1k acres Elf/Mystic is below... enjoy:)

Homes - 10%
    Farms - 10%
    Banks - 15%
    Baracks - 10%
    TG - 10%
    Forts - 10%
    Guilds - 15%
    Towers - 20%

I think an Elf with Clearsight 24/7 and 2 raw TPA don't need WTs. Maintain above 90% BE also and your good to go.
    You are greatly mistaken if you think you are going to get by a rouge kingdom without WT.

I suggest a minimum of 10% WT with 2 TPA raw and CS 24/7.

10% Rax is not enough to attack twice a day. I would bump that to 15%.
    Gamer4Life

Post Fiend
    10% homes AND 15% banks? No thx. Elf has superior war economy due to low wages and reduced losses in combat.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by waheed View Post
    **this is for major player's strat**

cut farms to 8%, fort to 7%, towers to 15%, banks to 10% and rax to 0%,

then up TG to 20%, stables to 10%, WT to 10%

then u'll be good to go

I agree with some of your strat, but cutting down Towers to 15%? i don't think so. Runes this age are very rare coz most provinces are DE with no runes to steal in case you are short and if you always maintain self spells 24/7 during war. Also you can support your t/m on casting deadly spells such as MS if they ran out of mana.

I just maximizing the flexibility of an Elf/Mystic with the capital letter A/M.
    Last edited by Major Player; 21-11-2008 at 08:35.

Thanks for your help so far guys, I just have a couple questions based on the different answers. Is QF enough to aviod the use of rax or is the combination of both better and if so in what amount. Is 7-8% wts enough to avoild AW w/ 1.8 modded tpa and CS. What is a optimal wpa for an A/m that still wants to throw down some MS and PF's and can this be accomidated with a decent opa (60+)unpumped. (No dedicated t/m's in kd, just A/t's and A/m's such as myself.) Any other advice on where to concentrate spells of what kind would be greatly appriciated as well. Thanks guys.

One more important question I forgot to ask, can an elf econ support a no bank war strat attacking 2-2.5 x per day.

Yes, but it depends how long the war lasts and what kind of T/M support you have money wise.

I have 0 tm support. ^

Then you better hope you dont get chained ;)

hijacking!

shouldn't the +30% Spell efficiency for elves count just like the +40% thievery for gnomes?
    and shouldn't it affect both my modwpa and my chance to land selfspells, kinda like science, right?

if i have 0,9 raw wpa, +20% sci and +30% from racial, doesnt that make my modwpa 0,9*1,2*1,3 = 1,40?

and if im lord, i should get *1.03 again, right?

thanks
    Last edited by lolkid; 25-11-2008 at 15:23.

Mod WPA only affects chance of offensive spells, I believe.

Guilds are the only thing affecting self spells

Thread Information