Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new Guide

Post Fiend

The new Guide

Good job OMAC!

This is a game, not a job...

Thanks indeed.

Veteran
    not that i think omac was responsible for getting it done... but yes gj to those who fixed it up.

Regular
    and L&P effect is still wrong... and why are self spells under 'Warfare'? at the very least it should be both under province affairs and warfare.

L&P effect seems about correct to me.

I love this statement from the Guide.

Be careful to believe all you are told, however, and duly keep this guide in mind.
    From the overview section.

lol
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Post Fiend
    It is very informative and my congrats to a job well-done!

Ezzerland
    L&P effect seems fine. I haven't run any full tests on it to try and verify recently, but it's accurate as far as tests from age 39 go.

And gratz on getting it up :) Looks nice :)

Enthusiast
    I didn't realize pitfalls were just defensive losses all along. It will change the way we use them in the upcoming age.

Post Fiend
    so the description says increased losses in any and all combat.. and then whoever made the guide tacks on +25% defensive losses? .. why would the description not be changed also.. one is wrong, and I'd bet pitfalls modify losses for all combat..

Quote Originally Posted by zim312 View Post
    and I'd bet pitfalls modify losses for all combat..
    And you'd loose the bet. For offensive combat loss increase there is another thing: Bribe generals.
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

Regular
    if L&P has an effect of increasing BR with 75% (as in multiply by 1.75) I'm seriously going to have to give up engineering. Last I did the math for L&P (probably age 38-39) it was nowhere close to 75% increase.

I believe L&P is additive same way Storms are, both being old modifiers from back when there were no other modifiers to birth rate. Whereas gnome and plague effects are multiplicative, I think. Plague + Storms = zero growth or negative growth?

It's strange that they advertised the guide as being available now without stating that it's still a work in progress. They should call out for assistance with pointing out flaws and possibilities for improvement.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Ezzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    I believe L&P is additive same way Storms are, both being old modifiers from back when there were no other modifiers to birth rate. Whereas gnome and plague effects are multiplicative, I think. Plague + Storms = zero growth or negative growth?

It's strange that they advertised the guide as being available now without stating that it's still a work in progress. They should call out for assistance with pointing out flaws and possibilities for improvement.
    Actually, it states in the guide itself that it's not complete and more info is to come. And they did state in a couple threads earlier in the age (before end of freeze time) that the guide wouldn't be completely finished yet.

They just didn't mention that in the announcements thread, suppose they didn't feel it would be necessary. But it's definitely not 100% done, and it's definitely still got a couple errors, or info used that hasn't been tested for 4-5-6+ ages. Suffice to say, it could use some dusting.

Post Fiend
    Yep, there is still some "finishing the job" and "clarify error statements like PF: affects all combat -><- affects losses during defensive battle" to be dealt with.

Altough this new Guide obviously isn't finished yet, it is at least finally up, and it is more user friendly, more rookie friendly (I hate the word noob), and more complete than the older version.
    This is a game, not a job...

Thread Information