Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: immediate help needed

immediate help needed

Alright, so I just got into a new kd. I haven't played Utopia in a long while. Well right off the bat we had another new person in the KD that was demanding to be monarch. Despite my thoughts that the former monarch should continue to be monarch through this new age, he was elected. Now he's got a friend of his in the KD. The both of them, rose to high levels very fast. Well I and a few other people disagreed with this. We stated that the kd should all be relatively the same size. This slight discussion got deleted from the forums and the former monarch was attacked immediately. This cause an even greater response and has started an all out intra-kingdom war, however, these two provs have 3-4 thousand acres each. We can't touch them, and we need some serious help.

The only thread that is allowed in the forums is the following statement:

Topic: The Trial

You have been found guilty of high treason.
    In the interest of the common good, we have thus decided that the appropriate sentence is death. We regret to inform you that this sentence is going to take place immediately.

- The Humble Sir Just Me

that message is meant for the entire KD.

If anyone will help, please message me in game. Manchuria (20:7)

Post Fiend
    Pretty crappy situation you have there. Unvote him from the monarchy if you haven't done so already. You might be able to make a case off of this section found in the "Rules"

Spirit of the Rules

Players attempting to manipulate rules and quirks of the game in ways obviously not intended may be subject to deletion. Because of their nature, these types of circumstances are looked at on a case-by-case basis. Users should avoid actions they believe are against the spirit and intent of the game.
    I think you could make a case for them using "quirks of the game in ways obviously not inteded" and their actions being "against the spirit and intent of the game" but I wouldn't expect too much help from OMAC if any. If the monarchy was given up that easily to a new player it seems to me like this wasn't a very cohesive kingdom in the first place, might be best if you guys just dispersed into other kingdoms and let these idiots explore away. Report them for multi'ing, its probly likely that they are so maybe they will get caught if you report it :p

Enthusiast
    Just defect. Screw them. There are much better kingdoms out there to play in than ones ran by a couple of 14 year olds.

Post Fiend
    wow. im susprised you guys let a completely new, untested and untried player take control of the monarchy. unless of course the previous monarch was a screwup.

Post Fiend
    hehe you got tricked into giving the monarchy bonus to help someone grow early age.

Not the first time it has happened, nor will it be the last.

Nobody can really help you,you would be better off defecting or creating another province.
    Viva la Revolucion

they'll get farmed down soon enough by the top kingdoms.

Regular
    Devils Party has been been mass messaging other provinces asking them to hit the dissidents in 20:7. Sorry, but given their size, there isn't much my kd can do.

An expensive lesson, but don't let someone new in the kd be monarch. It never ends well.

Well, I was hoping to resolve this and reinstate the former monarch of the KD as well, however, I"m not sure if my prov made it through the night seeing as how I had a ton of successful ops on them yesterday, however, I do believe I'll just play it out till the end and restart after my prov. goes under.

You should just learn from this and move on.

Devils party, awesome song (not).

Regular
    Sorry about your kd's situation - would help if I could. Did convince one of my kdmates not to hit the small provinces in your kd.

You sure got yourself into a nice situation.
    Next time, don't hand out power to people you don't know.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Why don't you take them on VT2, they're same size as you.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Post Fiend
    Kingdom civil wars rock. I used to love starting them the few times I bothered to play Genesis server.

Sure thing, catty - just tell me how in the sweet name of Mehul I hurt provinces three times my size, and engage in a war with them when they don't have a king or queen.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Thread Information