Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top feed / bottom feed probs

Top feed / bottom feed probs

I think OMAC should see if they can change the way topfeed and bottomfeed gain calculations are done.

Tthe gain formula works only in advantage for the smaller kd's.

In my view if a province of 100k NW in a kd with 1.1 milj nw hits another 100k nw prov in a kd of 3 milj nw he should get the same 67% penalty on his gain as when its the other way around.

Right now he will get his normal gain but the prov in the big KD will only be able to get 67% back.

As result its almost impossible to retal hits and even out acreage as I would expect to see normally.

why not post this in the suggestions forum?
    utopia's gentle and loving nub at your service

Post Fiend
    Right now he will get his normal gain but the prov in the big KD will only be able to get 67% back.
    The prov in the big kd also has a lot of big buddies that can retal that hit as well.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't the case. When they calculate relative networth it is done in this fashion:

min(your nw/opp nw, opp nw/your nw)
    min(your kd nw/opp kd nw, opp kd nw/your kd nw)

So they take the smaller value. In your instance, they would calculate as
    min(1, 1) = 1
    min(0.367, 2.72) = 0.367

So since the min value is calculated, it works the same both ways.

You need to stop whining.
    If that small province can actually hit you, you can obviously double or triple it right back, and your buddies can do the same.

Stop giving OMAC silly ideas that would likely twist the game in very dumb, very bad directions.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    You need to stop whining.
    If that small province can actually hit you, you can obviously double or triple it right back, and your buddies can do the same.

Stop giving OMAC silly ideas that would likely twist the game in very dumb, very bad directions.
    He wasn't talking about a smaller province hitting them, he was saying an equally sized province hitting from a smaller KD.

Smaller provinces/kingdoms are already having a tought time as it is. Don't make it even harder by allowing bigger kingdoms to totally farm them without fear of retaliation. This change will only benefit the top who can then go on farming smaller provinces mercilessly (more so than today)...

VT2 is correct, stop complaining.

If your KD is 3 mill NW, then you should have 24 people willing to retal for you. This isn't a 1v1 game, so if a single big prov from a tiny KD tries to make it one, give him some gang bang protection and send him on his way.

I think Returns has a legit request here. It is quite unfair to top kingdoms for provinces of the same size as the provinces in their kingdom are getting hit by little ghettoes for much larger gains than they can retaliate for. If I was in a little ghetto, I would simply aim at the largest kingdoms to grow because even if they hit me back multiple times, I would most likely still come out on top. Especially if I double tapped.

And Ishandra, you mean give him some gb protection so he can grab you again and you can't do anything about it because he's already in gb protection? Makes alot of sense.....

Post Fiend
    UnknownGhost: there is no real issue and Returns doesnt have a legit request here. Sure a small province will get more acres than you in a 1v1 exchange of hits. But imagine if there wouldnt be any kind of protection what that 3 mil kd can do to a 1 mil kd in a 25v25 exchange of hits.

And Gb cant really protect from heavy retaliation.

don't see any problem with current situation.
    say, 15 provs vs 25 provs of similar provinces size - if you remove penalty smaller kd will be totally farmed out even without entering war

UnknownGhost, read my post. This isn't a 1v1 game. Give him GB protection by hitting him with FOUR of your provinces. He wont likely hit you again as will have lost double what he took. He will be on his way.

The current system allows small kingdoms to actively bully larger kingdoms through the protection mechanisms, if they so choose. Feel free to try to disprove that, it's been demonstrated empirically over and over again. Is that fair?
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Catwalk please give some numbers for these *small kingdoms* *actively bullying* *larger kingdoms* so we can see what exactly is this situation that is unfair.

The OP was about 1 province from a KD a 3rd the size, hitting into a KD of all equal size provinces. In that case, 4 of the larger KD provs could easily hit the smaller KD prov for more than he took, in which case he would most likely stop. If he continued then 4 different provs from the same KD could wave him too. If he still doesn't stop, then you ignore him for 1 day while he is out of NW range, then when he grows back up and has lost GB protection you hit him again.

If you mean 3 or 4 provinces from a KD half the size, then you might have a point.

But the system is necessary to protect smaller KDs from having their first larger provs being eaten alive by much larger KDs.

Thread Information