Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top feed / bottom feed probs

He didn't specify that the bigger kingdom were all equal size, nor would that usually be the case as it's pretty inefficient. Once you're at max protection, grabs against you are around -80% and losses are significantly lower. Add KD NW protection to that and you're looking at an 8 to 1 net difference in gains easily. Also add that the loner can hit a new province each grab and thereby avoid protection penalties altogether. It's been proven time and time again that the system can easily be abused, look around on the forum as it's posted about regularly with concrete examples.

I don't actually agree that the system should be removed. I think it's good to encourage direct competition between kingdoms of similar size. The current system just isn't very effective at that. I'd be in favour of slightly harsher penalties for hitting into smaller kingdoms than now, combined with penalties for hitting into larger kingdoms as well. That would directly harm the loner in the above scenario (due to how GB protection works) and would actively discourage safe bottomfeeding by lowering gains.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    The current system allows small kingdoms to actively bully larger kingdoms through the protection mechanisms, if they so choose. Feel free to try to disprove that, it's been demonstrated empirically over and over again. Is that fair?

Utopia is fought by kingdom vs kingdom, not 1v1.

If it was 1v1 then you'd be playing Earth 20:25.

Oh yeah, this 1v1 crap also happens in Gen in which I usually come out on top.

the situation is players...well let me use 1 anon person for example....

Person A is 1500 acres in a ghetto, Dwarf running tons of GS(stays in gbp) and can easily hit provinces the same size in much larger kingdoms with little to worry about due to the constant halo of protect several retals will not equal the gains from 1 attack...

if you have yet to see this acts like this you are blind....
    Taking back the InternetClickME

But even then, if you do have differing sizes, the rest of your KD can not only help retal the one hitting you, but quad Raze his KD mates.

You message the monarch, saying you are retalling the hits from the big guy. His KD turns against him, he either defects and loses some growth or his KD starts conquesting him too, or fully breaking him if he is having to suicide to hit out at the bigger KD.

in 1v1 it can definitely be abused, but unless your KD is really unco-ordinated it shouldnt be a problem for your KD.

I agree with Catwalk maybe there should be some upward protection, the same as with province NW differences. It shouldnt be as much though, but enough to protect KD vs KD.

Perhaps some sort of extra code to account for the number of attackers hitting the KD, to stop full downward waving if the bottom KD isnt waving back?

I agree with this suggestion. I need more land.
    Potius Mori Quam Foedare

duh.. don't feed abs with more advantages to theirs bottomfeed! :O

*runs from zoot*

There is soem upward protection, you dont get much from 130% your nw and so on.

I think its more upward KD protection they are wanting rosedragoness, as opposed to province NW protection.

I approve of this thread.

Thread Information