Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dungeons?

Dungeons?

small question. does dungeon actually increase the amount of troops u killed?what's the main benefit of getting dungeons?

increased casualties, since the dungeons will take some of your target's army and make them prisoners

Post Fiend
    Dungeons do not increase casualties. The prisoners are just taken from what you normally would have killed. Example: Instead of killing 300 troops, you kill 150 and imprison 150.

The main benefit of dungeons is that prisoners give you a small amount of income and BE, and you can send them out on attacks for extra offense.

Right, having dungeons means that you will capture prisoners when you attack. They fill jobs (i think 2 prisoners to fill 1 job?) and you can use them like free mercenaries in your next attack.

Quote Originally Posted by rosedragoness View Post
    also, never build dungeons more than 5%, it would be wasteful.
    its always around 2%-3%
    (5% is realy max)

The only problem is, with 2-3% you lose half your dungeons when you take an attack and they are all gone when you take another.

Hence why I'm not using them this age.

no, your dungeon always filled 75-100% if you use 2-3% dungeons, and you still able to run full prisoners with 5% assuming you aren't always use the prisoners.

Enthusiast
    There is nothing else I can add so....

Off Topic: rosedragoness, am I invited into your dungeon? =]

Why is it, you end up with less, than what you started off with, when you use them to double tap? They seem to die at a quicker rate than they get filled?

Can anyone enlighten me please?
    Colourless green ideas sleep furiously.

That's a mistaken observation Paper Unicorn. Except casualties might be lower on the second hit, leading to fewer prisoners.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

im resonble shure they die at same rate as other troops. but there are imprisend on a formula witch is based off casualties. dont remember what the furmula is though.. so the more troops your target has the more you will imprison.

Postaholic
    dungeons do not increase casualties. simple test is to see how much troops ur elves kill, or send no prisoners next attack and compare. also if u guys remember back when warhero elites imprison more ppl, u always end up killing 0 troops and imprison hundreds/thousands of troops

i personally keep 1~2% dungeons max. i think the economic effect it offers are so minor. i only use it because when i double tap i can use the prisoner offense twice

ty Catwalk, that makes perfect sense now what you said, the 2nd hits usually do result in less casualties, therefore less prisoners captured! i should of realised that myself, thanks for the clarification!

waheed makes a good point about prisoners small effect on the economy, has anyone argued to increase prisoners economic contribution? any reason why not? altho, i guess this would be a suggestion thread question!
    Colourless green ideas sleep furiously.

Post Fiend
    Paper Unicorn that is not the answer. When you double tap, both you and your target have less units (less kills/losses). That is why i don't use dungeons this age. I always end up losing prisoners. They are effective only if you plan on doing single attacks w/ war hero & pf or bribed generals. In a constant exchange of hits/multitaps better get rid of them.

Thread Information