Thread: Need help gnome/rogue

Need help gnome/rogue

Hello there. Im a gnome/rogue and i need some advice. Ive been away from utopia for like 2 years so i need some help from you guys. Should i go just thief or a/t? And i need a building strat too. Cheers!

Hybrids are more in demand than T/Ms. Many kds will kill out T/Ms on sight. I've been working on this strat for protection.

12.5 homes (birth rate raise important for gnomes)
    10 farms
    30 banks
    8 arms (training lots of troops makes arms worth it here even for gnomes)
    6 raxs (with QF you will have close to 12 hour attack times on island and in war)
    25 guilds (get those wizzies up. This is becoming the trend now in Utopia)
    5 towers
    3.5 stables (mounting a 5 point unit is an increase of 20%)

Set science on sustain. Put most of those points in alchemy.

Right now I would not explore much if at all. Too many provinces at small size fairly concentrated. Don't want to get GB protection! :)
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Postaholic
    do something like what dolgil suggested, except raze all rax and stables and put in thief dens

explore ur way up first and then convert

or if u want to attack ur way up, then lower banks to maybe 10~15% and get 20% TG 10% stables, and attack/steal ur way up

its pointless to do a semi pump strat. define ur goal clearly on whether u want to explore or attack, and focus ur buildings. otherwise its extremely inefficient, and u'll get pwned by provs in fully war mode.

as for barracks, if ur goal is to keep attack time under 12h, then u need 0% rax for that.

dont keep something like 3~4% stables... with 3% stables u get a whooping 1.8 additional raw opa

oh and btw, unless u r in a very good kingdom (or one that LOOKS very good in the eyes of noobs), exploring is ALWAYS better than attacking if ur goal is to reach a certain size and be ready for war. (between 400 and maybe 800 acres, attacking MIGHT be better, but if ur goal is lets say 1200 acres or something, then definitely explore. if u plan to do it by attacking u may not reach that acre fully ready at all if ur kingdom cant back u up)
    Last edited by waheed; 26-11-2008 at 19:48.

Thanks you for the help. Could anyone please tell me a few more details? Like how much dpa should i have as an a/t. How many def specs, off specs and leets? How many tpa? Thanks you in advance!

7*acre (35raw dpa) worth of def specs, at least 3tpa

rest into elites.. about 8 to 10*acre.. (40-50 raw opa)

you'll find that you need to draft quite high... to work out draft rate: 7dspa + 3tpa + 9 epa = 19 military per acre *acre/max population

Thread Information