Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: World vs. Deliverance

Quote Originally Posted by kwwww View Post
    this is not new. you can retal and expect more attacks or you can let it go.

Think of it as unfair income distribution in real life, just part of imperfect world. and make sure your players dont hit into bigger and tagged KDs cuz they will retal with 10 attacks or more.
    I'm agree with that but I would like to add something.

This is WHY people had been told to be on same acreage, so you aren't be the only one who is up there and no one can backup you. Except if your KD are going to be on cow-war (which sorry, only for super active aka top kds), which of course your KD should already know the risk.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by CappMorgan View Post
    here's situation:

I'm in average ghetto about 2.5 mil nw, got hit today by someone from kd named Deliverance (7.5mil nw).

That made me curious, wtf is going on. Did CE and what I se there.... 72 attacks, only 2 retals for the last 48h.

ALL of the attacked kingdoms are less than half of their size. Basically, they grow by bottomfeeding on ghettos that afraid to retal.

Wake up ppl, don't let this to continue, put some fight!
    you'll probably find that you were one of the bigger prov's in the kd, and that you were likely a safe hit

kd's of that size normally search for smaller kd's to hit, and hit the bigger prov's in the kd, so that its possible to grow
    them hitting a kd ~5 mil nw and getting retalled is a much less efficient way to grow than hitting someone in a 2.5mil nw kd and gaining ~80% of the land they would have gained, for no retal

100 acres with no retal is better than 150 acres with a retal =)

also, when they are 7.6 mil, half of that is 3.8 mil nw, the 30th biggest kd, is 3.8 mil nw
    so, only 30 kd's of the 774 kingdoms out there are more than half their nw...

finally, be a bit careful about taking retals too far, i have seen single provs end up getting 20+ razes done on them ever 12-24 hours for refusing to back down... i have had it done to me in gen a couple of times
    Last edited by _greenie; 27-11-2008 at 07:32. Reason: added size bit

Pushing ppl in the wells is fun. :D

EDIT:

WOOOT! 500th post!
    Last edited by MorbidAngel; 27-11-2008 at 11:50. Reason: 500th post ftw :D
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidAngel View Post
    Oh man, u just failed badly. Now clare is gonna push u in teh well :D

50% of 7.5 is still 3.75mil nw. That is pretty much t50 (or was when I checked last time). It is pretty much lame to whine.. If u don't like that, retal, organize gb, but do not come here crying..

P.S. I am from Deliverance
    thought you might ;)
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

I agree that bottomfeeding is boring and would prefer rules that discourage it in favour of more direct conflict with kingdoms closer to your own size. But blaming a kingdom for playing to win under the current rules is silly. And I'll admit that one of the main reasons I don't like growth through bottomfeeding is because we suck horrible at target finding :)
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Pretty lame freemehul.. U must be proud cos of that..
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Post Fiend
    what is bottomfeeding? :p

Post Fiend
    Try growing larger than 100 acres and you might find out

Quote Originally Posted by PowerofGlory View Post
    what is bottomfeeding? :p
    safely growing by attacking kds that are much lower in nw than your own.

to the OP: wage war on them. this will stagnate their growth more than they like. build 20% kd-wide GS, 10% to 20% WTs + ~2 TPA (or 4 to 5 raw TPA + TDs) and 20% to 30% Guilds (if your wpa is low). make sure it is a very long and boring war for them.

that is, if you are pissed off enough.
    Last edited by Nub; 27-11-2008 at 13:50.
    utopia's gentle and loving nub at your service

Regular
    lol that wont work, they will just use the opportunity as a fake war and pump elites/science, plus massacre/raze small kd if they want to farm honor for fun. Even attack oow for the first 24 hours. after min. time they will withdraw cuz they dont care about war wins. take a look at 9:8 for example on how a ghettto got GBed cuz they did what nub suggested.

No, that strategy is good in fact. If u know how to count attacks and know how hostile meter works u can pretty much have button on ur side constantly and never declare.

lol that wont work, they will just use the opportunity as a fake war and pump elites/science, plus massacre/raze small kd if they want to farm honor for fun. Even attack oow for the first 24 hours. after min. time they will withdraw cuz they dont care about war wins. take a look at 9:8 for example on how a ghettto got GBed cuz they did what nub suggested.
    Raze and massacre doesn't give u honor. Sci is limited in war also.

I didn't get impression that top is that dishonorable.. I remember my ghetto waving Tivoli. Tivoli declared and pretty much owned us in 1st 20 hours. We asked for early cf and we got it.. They could rape us if they wanted, but they didn't
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    Heh, a few ages ago my 17 man kd treated the whole server like they were our b*tch and barely got retalled. We looked menacing enough being all elf/warriors with good quality honor. People are scared of honor/size that's just the way it is. If you don't want to get hit build your kingdom up to be more than a farm for real kingdoms.
    so you had 8 women in the kingdom? Where can I sign up :))

Also, to the original poster: We all start at the same size, they are simply playing the game better than you. Don't feel bad though, I golf as much as I can but Tiger Woods can still beat me.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidAngel View Post
    No, that strategy is good in fact. If u know how to count attacks and know how hostile meter works u can pretty much have button on ur side constantly and never declare.

Raze and massacre doesn't give u honor. Sci is limited in war also.

I didn't get impression that top is that dishonorable.. I remember my ghetto waving Tivoli. Tivoli declared and pretty much owned us in 1st 20 hours. We asked for early cf and we got it.. They could rape us if they wanted, but they didn't
    massacres and raze will kill theifs/mages and destroy WTs. when the little guys have 0.1 tpa even attacker can ns and kidnap for fun, not to mention the smaller kd wont be a nuisance anymore. drafting science in war wont be more expensive. if the ghetto is really small and they cant break anyone then the big kd can run 50% wage rate and pump elites. so in the end ghettos actually do more harm than good. the onlt ghettos who get trashed in war are the ones talking trash in forum about how they never gonna wd and gonna ruin the game until eoa. but then war wins are not important for KDs going for nw chart.

if you want to massacre in war, why bother warring, as you are warring to lose at that point.

and puppy ftw ;)

as far as I remember, u can not declare war on someone less than 50% of your size. So smaller KD can do whatever they want without risk of war. The only risk they encounter is razes.

Thread Information