Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: World vs. Deliverance

Regular
    i agree. we should stop giving advices in this situation. sorry i misunderstood purpose of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurlin View Post
    Bull**** !!!!

BF server got shut down because it did'nt have the numbers.

It did'nt have the numbers because moofool in his wisdom went on rampaging deleting spree's alot ...... and there where other games IE WoW where people could play with their friends ( Kingdoms ) and not worry about being deleted by a ****ing retard.

There were 600 kingdoms in BF when it got shut down. Dunno if you recall the server balancing where different kds would be shifted between BF & WoL if enough kds didn't vote to play on either server for a balance. It got shut down because too many kds wanted to play the newbie server (WoL) because it was easier for them than competing against skilled players. WoL also had it's share of deletions.
    Outwit! .. Outlast! .. Outplay!

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by CappMorgan View Post
    Let me make this clear, as it seems most of the ppl did not get the idea behind my post.

Those that reply with something like "....stop complain" or "....go cry somewhere else...." etc -- don't bother to reply , original msg was not for you. Don't tell me what to do and I won't tell you where to go, ok? It's open forum and I can post here any utopia-related staff as far as it does not break the rules.

I did my original post because I was so amused that out of 72 hits there were 1 or 2 retals only. I didn't get why ppl don't retal and make such tactics very profitable. Basically ppl with attitude like kwwww and GuanYuCwK showing in this thread make this tactic work very well. I wanted to encourage ppl that got hit by Deliverance to retal. That was pretty simple idea, no?

I didn't ask for advice nor I didn't ask for assistance from bigger KDs, at least I don't see from what part of the post you could infer that.
    the flaw behind that logic is simple...
    often times, they will hit the one or 2 BIG provs in a ghetto, where there is a significant nw difference between them and rest of kd

for example, 2x 250k nw provs, then rest <150k nw
    now, being in a kd that is looking at growth myself, ive found ~80% of them have lots of defense, and little offense (~80-90k def with <50k off)
    currently im in the 270-300k nw range, and i can very easily break 100k whilst leaving 70k def @ home, which means i can safely hit those people for easy acres

heck, ive lost count of the times ive left ~25 dpa at home after hitting some T/M twice the size of the next biggest in his kd... why can i do this? cause no-one in his kd can do a thing about it, and unless i either get target shared or someone from another kd randomly decides to SoM me, im perfectly safe... and where are people more likely to look for hits? some organised kd 2-3 times their size, or a similar sized kd?

finally, the reason why its not profitable for those provs to do more than 1x retal, is often times, Top Kd prov will hit, you retal, often 1-2 more hits will likely come your way,

if you continue fighting, if nothing else, you will run out of army before they do, or you will end up with a number of people coming knocking on your door

yes, to a point it's bullying, but the ONLY way i can see a single prov winning in a retal war against top kd's is as a dwarf with fog + 20% hosps + 20% GS + decent gains science at high acres...
    Last edited by _greenie; 29-11-2008 at 05:25.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    yes, to a point it's bullying, but the ONLY way i can see a single prov winning in a retal war against top kd's is as a dwarf with fog + 20% hosps + 20% GS + decent gains science at high acres...
    You forgot the WTs.

CappMorgan, Prince, yes, it's unfair, but so is life. There's nothing you can do about it. You can try, but you'll lose.

Or you can go on a vengeance rampage, get the whole kd motivated, get active, next age get pumped, find deliverance and give them hell...

unlikely, but so is a server wide alliance of ghettos.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Life is what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post

CappMorgan, Prince, yes, it's unfair, but so is life. There's nothing you can do about it. You can try, but you'll lose.

Or you can go on a vengeance rampage, get the whole kd motivated, get active, next age get pumped, find deliverance and give them hell...

unlikely, but so is a server wide alliance of ghettos.
    1. Why would you think it would be ghettos? There's a whole server below top 50 & there are those not quite at the top of top 50 who might think it would be fun to use this as a vehicle to getting there. This server needs a shaking up.

2. I can't speak for CappMorgan but I think that the original intent of this thread was that everyone should rise up & have some fun. But you & I both know that's not going to happen in an unorganized venu. Ppl are frightened. Nobody's whining that life is unfair.

3. My personal motive - I loathe bottomfeeding. It's boring & unchallenging. But then, unlike yourself, I had the advantage of playing back in the day when skilled players topfed & bottomfeeding was a dirty word.

Nothing I can do about it? Maybe, maybe not. But if enuff ppl demanded a server that wasn't contingent on the big feeding on the little & a return to skills, perhaps the game would regain the popularity it has lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Blood View Post
    1. Why would you think it would be ghettos? There's a whole server below top 50 & there are those not quite at the top of top 50 who might think it would be fun to use this as a vehicle to getting there. This server needs a shaking up.

2. I can't speak for CappMorgan but I think that the original intent of this thread was that everyone should rise up & have some fun. But you & I both know that's not going to happen in an unorganized venu. Ppl are frightened. Nobody's whining that life is unfair.

3. My personal motive - I loathe bottomfeeding. It's boring & unchallenging. But then, unlike yourself, I had the advantage of playing back in the day when skilled players topfed & bottomfeeding was a dirty word.

Nothing I can do about it? Maybe, maybe not. But if enuff ppl demanded a server that wasn't contingent on the big feeding on the little & a return to skills, perhaps the game would regain the popularity it has lost.
    lol
    If a kingdom isn't even organized enough to make t50, why do you believe they would be organized enough to be capable of cooperating with the rest of the non-t50 kds in a foolish attempt to take down the top?

And which magical age in the distant past are you referring to? Because I can recall no such age, and I am ancient.
    Potius Mori Quam Foedare

I did my original post because I was so amused that out of 72 hits there were 1 or 2 retals only. I didn't get why ppl don't retal and make such tactics very profitable. Basically ppl with attitude like kwwww and GuanYuCwK showing in this thread make this tactic work very well. I wanted to encourage ppl that got hit by Deliverance to retal. That was pretty simple idea, no?
    Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps Deliverance, being a reasonably skilled kingdom, hit targets that were unable to retal? It is most likely that the kingdoms being hit are not not retalling solely from an absence of spine, but from an inability to break in the first place.
    Potius Mori Quam Foedare

It's open forum and I can post here any utopia-related staff as far as it does not break the rules.
    U target shared and that is not allowed as far as I know. No matter u didn't post loc, u should talk in general when starting thread. And u didn't.

[QUOTE=CappMorgan;14256467]I wanted to encourage ppl that got hit by Deliverance to retal. That was pretty simple idea, no? [/quit]

Dare to post your own loc?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Blood
    2. I can't speak for CappMorgan but I think that the original intent of this thread was that everyone should rise up & have some fun.
    Well, I think he felt injustice because he got hit so he target shared. Otherwise he would talk in general, not about specific kd.

----
    I got one question thou, what do u ppl define as bottomfeeding? Is it when guy from big kd attacks one from small (even if individual provs are same nw) or when big province attack small for poor gains?
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

bottomfeeding is hitting < 75% of your nw pure and simple. The fact that your kd is bigger than another's is irrelevant, because so long as you are withing networth range for gains there is no reason why he should never be able to retal unless he is an exploring TM or some sort.

And if he hits back. He will gain far more than you would have gained from him, purely due to knrg.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Talking

I agree with MorbidAngel. The fact that the thread-starter target shared undermines to some extent his/her own argument advocating his/her holier than thou opinion about gameplay =D

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidAngel View Post
    I wanted to encourage ppl that got hit by Deliverance to retal. That was pretty simple idea, no?
    Dare to post your own loc?
    i know where he is =)

Does it matter? For me, no. For those he target shared, yes.. :)
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidAngel View Post
    U target shared and that is not allowed as far as I know. No matter u didn't post loc, u should talk in general when starting thread. And u didn't.
    Speaking for CappMorgan which he may not be pleased about since they have warned him that they know his location *fear & loathing in Utopia*
    & at the risk of repeating myself, what's wrong with target sharing? If you're so ashamed of what you do then you ought not do it. The guy's the victim ffs - u gonna stop ppl in rl from reporting crimes done to them - from seeking help from gross atrocities?

What kind of a world is it *Utopia* where guys are applauded for rape but the victims are not allowed to tell.

Striker 073 ..

Re: WPA - WoL Payback Alliance - don't be too sure these kingdoms would be disorganized. Lotta stuff can be done when you're hungry & desperate & motivated ... or when you need just that little edge to change spots on the server & make you #1 - these things might even be in the works even as we speak. Lot of appeal to a server wide alliance war. Those were the days!
    Ppl woke up excited to rush to their computers. Course fighting's a lot more fun than taking or taking it. Depends on your point of view.

Sir Postalot
    erm...
    i dont know if any of you bothered to look once it was posted
    but the guy that hit CappMorgan was ~260k nw, CappMorgan was ~240-230k nw
    now, if that deserves to cause as much controversy as what has occured here, than every single hit made in the game probably should be reported =)
    the only difference was it was a prov from a 7.5 mil nw kd hitting someone in a 2.5 mil nw kd

Speaking for CappMorgan which he may not be pleased about since they have warned him that they know his location *fear & loathing in Utopia*
    lets see... he practically told us to go CE deliv, which pretty much gives his loc away?
    so i dont see how he could possibly be angry about people knowing his loc...

>Prince Blood
    if you make a "safe" hit on someone, and they go complain to their friends that you have hit them, and your army out, and all of a sudden 3 completely random provs get your intel and hit you in the next 2 hours

THATS the problem with target sharing
    there is nothing quite like hitting the wrong kd, then all of a sudden 3 provs from 3 other kd's in the alliance smack you in the next 2 hours

If they are in an alliance fair doos to them. Would be surprised if they didnt target share. Lord knows they need to if they want to achieve anything, otherwise they wouldnt be in an alliance.

Thread Information