Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gnome Sage Attacker?

Gnome Sage Attacker?

Currently playing Human sage A/T, doing fairly well with it, wondering how well a Gnome sage A/T Would do? Obviously, all elite build, with a build set-up as follows:

10% Homes
    25% Training Grounds
    25% Forts
    5% Farms
    5% Guilds
    10% Towers
    7% Stables
    13% Thieves Den

As powerful as Sage seems(I have not researched a bit of science outside what Sage has given me on my hume and I have about 115 PPA on 930), I think it would compliment a Gnome A/T Build perfectly. I'd focus on getting Tools and Pop between 3-5%, and then Thievery to at least 50%. I'd be able to steal any and all food I'd need as I'd run a 1.5-2TPA, and I'd do the same with runes. Figured i'd send about 1/3rd Elites on attacks, 2/3rd for defense. On 1k acres, roughly 10k elites(probablymore, I'd be running a 60% Draft rate, i'm Just lowballing), so 3300-3500 on attack with with that build, I'd have about 32k offense(Full amount of horses), and about 35k defense, more depending on what I set wage rate at.

During war, I'd be an honour machine, raping other provinces with a 2tpa, and more then double that with racial/sci/td bonus.

Any Ideas/Suggestions?

Hahaha!
    Yeah, you go all-elite.

Have fun ;)

Oh, and you'll be very pleased to know that 2+ raw TPA is what A/M's are likely to run - and that's only for defense.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Wow, thanks for the wonderfully helpful suggestions there. Excuse me for having been away from the game for nearly 6 years. I'm just trying to find an interesting(but useful) combo to play when Genesis server opens.

Enthusiast
    25% forts and 25% TG is overkill. Stables benefit gnomes more than TG in terms of offense up until you cover all of your offensive units. Skipping barracks is a mistake if you plan to attack even 2x a day. You'll need more than 5% guilds or you will have horrible success on self spells. Bump that up to 10%. I'm a big fan of TD as well so if you could spare land to bring that up it to 15-20% it would be very beneficial. I also like homes on a gnome a lot because the bonus sync up with your pop bonus and BR penalty so well. Gnomes in my kd are running about 15% homes, but whatever land you can spare for them will help you immensely.

Sage is good on pretty much anything, but you need to keep in mind that you're trading your personality for science. You aren't getting much of a benefit besides that little extra science. Rogue or Merchant would be better in my opinion.

well, according to Utopia Angels building calculator, 7% Stables on 1k acres would give me 4200 horses, which would be enough to mount all units I'd use in offense. I actually switched the towers and guilds, I had meant 5% tower and 10% guilds, lol, and I'd just steal the extra runes I might need.

As far as Rogue goes, I'm not going to be strictly a thief, so, +1 stealth an hour and access to all Thief ops doesn't interest me that much. Merchant I can see the arguement for, especially if I try to run all Elites(still not sure why that got laughed at, nearly every gnome I've CB'ed so far on the WoL server is all elite), the extra 15% Income and immunity to riots would be useful since my upkeep would be higher. Still, not sure where I'd get my science from early on, or do people just ignore it early on and do Sci Pumps mid age like they used to?

So, higher % Homes and maybe TD. So, something like...

15% Homes
    15% TG
    15% Forts
    10% Rax
    7% Stables
    18% TD
    10% Guilds
    5% Farms
    5% Towers

How does that look?

What provinces are you going to break with 4200 gnome elites, and 4200 ponies?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Enthusiast
    What VT2 said.

You aren't going to break anyone with 4.2 epa. That's only 21 raw opa which is absolutely nothing. I'd aim for roughly double that or more personally.

Sir Postalot
    gnomes should be able to run >17 military troops/acre =)
    with ~4-5 raw tpw =)

and as cheech said, 25% of TG and Forts is pointless
    15% of both should be plenty, get some rax and banks with the extra

Well, as I said, I was lowballing how many units I'd have on 1k acres, no idea how to calculate what I'd have at 1k as a gnome. Since greenie seems to think 17 military units per acre, that would be about 15k Elites and 2k thieves on 1k acres, so, I'd just remove 3% from TDs and put them back into Stables, giving me 6k Horses. 6k Gnomes for Attack and 9k for defense would give me about 50k Offense and 45k defense with my revised strat. I'd think those are pretty good #'s, right? Problem is, is what would my upkeep be on 15k Gnome elites and 2k thieves on 1k acres land? Could I support it?

OH yeah, back to the personality bit. After looking over them more closely, I'm still keeping Sage in the running, just because of the big boost to Thievery effectiveness I can get from it early on, but I'm also considering Merchant as cheech suggested, and war hero(Since I plan on being an attacker). War hero looks like it could be especially useful If I land in a serious warring KD, simply because of the increased enemy troop losses, and enhanced conquest. The 25% extra building credits would be useful as well to save money. 25% Spec credits wouldn't be very useful though since I want to run all elite, but if I built up enough of them and then got into some problems and needed to train more defense and in a hurry, I could use them for free defense specs.

Sir Postalot
    WH, kinda wasted for gnome
    sage/merchant/shep are all round personalities
    art/mystic, meh
    warrior and rogue are 2 best for gnome

and running all elite is pointless, run 4-5 defspecs/acre, which should be covered with spec credits + a bit and 10-12 elites/acre this should be plenty with little to no pop sci =)

U can still get gd sci cos where else do u spend it on since ur military are dirty cheap :P so i would skip the sage personality.

gnomes r at their strongest if they r a/t. i personally would go gnome/rogue, get into plenty of wars and honor whore a bit.

by midage to eoa having gd sci + high honor, gnomes will be force to reckon with.
    Join #nursinghome - for the retirees and the vets to talk about stuff

For economy, with 15% homes and lord honor you would have 30.7 pop per acre. With 17 military units and 4 thieves and say 1 wizzie, that leaves 8.7 pezzies. At 200% pay rate you have 17 gc military costs. Income from pezzies is 2.25 per pezzie which gives 19.6 before any other modifier or the base income from banks.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Postaholic
    5% guild is too low, 25% TG/fort is overkill

recommend u lower TG to 20%, forts to 10%, then boost homes to 15% and guilds to 12%, and stables to 10%

10% towers is also overkill, u can steal runes easily by sending 200 thief at attackers. lower that to 5% and boost thief den to 18%

then u should be good to go

even 10% stable wont mount all ur troops, but its not a good idea to keep stables to mount every single one, because u cant guarentee u'll send all out in one attack (u almost never do). its best to keep ur troops 60~70% mounted, and steal horse when u absolutely need

with gnomes (especially sage) u'll want to draft higher, 66~70%% if possible depending on science level. a good ratio of elites/dspec is 1:1 ratio as for all races. tpa u can play around with it, for light thievery (stealing resource, picking weak targets) around 2.5~3tpa and ~10% thief den is enough, whereas for heavy thievery (following thief targets) u'll want at least 4 raw tpa and 15+% thief den, because u also want to take consideration of incoming land
    Last edited by waheed; 27-11-2008 at 18:40.

Regular
    So you'd have like 30-40 DPA and OPA? That's pretty poor. You'll almost certainly get hit when you attack.

Draft rate needs to be much more higher if you use gnomes.

Don't do all elites if you're not planning on suiciding. a 50:50 ratio or 60:40 or 40:60 sounds like a better one.

With 5% guilds, you'll be having some problems with mages.

Thread Information