Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dwarf attackers for waring KD

I can definitely say that being the only dwarf in a warring kingdom sucks. I've lost over 6k troops in just over 30 hours of war. At 900 acres that is almost half of what I had to start with and I'm basically crippled. I have 1.8 tpa raw, 12% watchtowers raw with 112% BE, and 35% crime science. My news has shown 19 of their 24 provinces T/Ming me.

** News Summary: April 1st to May 9th **
    Spells: 31 attempts, 24 failed (23% success rate)
    Thieves: 273 attempts, 121 failed (56% success rate)

** Losses **
    6,210 troops to spells, thieves, and desertion
    2,081 peasants to spells, thieves and attacks
    36,060 runes, 40,634 bushels to thieves, plunderers, and magic
    Sundry Ops: Storms, Riots, Greed (x2), Wizards Sabotaged,
    ......... Spells Vortexed (x2), Thieves Caught (x121), Failed Spells (x24)

Of that 6k how much roughly is from each of chaining/NS/MS?

If your a chain target you can expect to lose that much as any race/persona.

You should really be running 15%+ WT with BE that low, especially with incoming land/razes.

Last war I lost 3.5k def specs (all of them) at 670 acres to start. Ended at 500 acres after being dropped to 200 in the first 2 hours. Lost around 250~ elites all war and a handful of off specs. Was a 4 day war.

I haven't even been attacked. I guess that shows how strong I was at the start, and how bad the other kingdom is. And yet they've still killed almost 6500 of my troops in a day and a half just with magic and thieves. I'm currently up 97 acres, but down half my army.

wow, guess i should warn my kd mate.... dwarves work better in teams to dissapate the onslaught of T/m ops. 1 DW vs 15 DE... food...

so ishandra, if you've lost all your def specs, how did you regain those acres, and maintain a high enough elite defence? it sounds rather impossible, unless you were only using off specs, which kinda wastes the advantage of DW high elite offence...:/ can you give an indepth description of your situation then?

Veteran
    I'll wager a guess. He was hit down so that the enemy could no longer get good gains on him and then he topfed with low def and managed to salvage some of those acres.

Stone, the fact that you haven't been hit doesn't mean that the enemy KD couldn't hit you if they wanted to it means they have decided not to.

1 anything vs 15 anything is "food".

AFKain is correct.

I was dropped to 200 acres, leaving me seriously overpopulated.

I released some of my def specs at first, then after the wave was finished I felt safe to release ALL of them.

I AIDed out soldiers to whoever had population space, to help with my TB. I got GC Aid and used some of the soldiers to explore 150 acres back.

I kept all of my elites out at all times and quad tapped same NW or double tapped higher NW, which put me to Lord, then eventually Baron. Once my GB Protection started wearing off I swapped to single taps on equal NW or doubles on lower, using all the spec credits to train def specs as I raised draft to 80%. Elites counted for over 40% of my NW at 1 point.

I had basically no economy for a while but traded acres long enough to get some good honour and do some serious damage.

In 3 and a half days, 17 (703ac) hits made 35 (-930ac) hits taken

I would have done a lot worse if they had been able to keep up MS/NS on me, but being early age their TPA/WPA werent strong enough to break me once I was chained and once I had my WT back in also. Also having no soldiers/def specs prolly put them off even trying for the first day ;)

Yea, they could hit me now if they wanted to, but it would have been total suicide at the start of the war. I got more watchtowers and defspecs building so hopefully i can recover enough to make a couple more attacks

Sounds like they've been prepping you as a land farm for later when they need to pull back acres to shift the war in their favour.

i too suffered badly in a recently war that lasted 7 days.
    Lost over 3k+ def spec to NS within first 6 hours going into war and was chained down the next hour to 200 acres.

After the war i finally realised how badly expose drawf are to Theif ops. I was running 15% WT and 2 raw TPA but it still wasn't enought to stop 25 KD from NS-ing me :>

Veteran
    It wouldn't have been much different if you had been one of the races with no thievery penalty, but you probably were chosen first because of the penalty.

DW with 15% WT is better protected than most non A/Ts or T/Ms who will be running 10-15% WT without the BE bonus.

when facing 3-5 raw TPA and 20%+ TD, your tpa doesnt matter as much as an A/M or A/m, its all about your WT.

Thread Information