Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwarf attackers for waring KD

Dwarf attackers for waring KD

I've seen several KDs that use draves as attacker race, some have 100% dvarves.
    Question is, is it really as good as it sounds on paper?
    For example, Tivoli (dvarf attackers) just lost their war to similarly sized human/elf KD. Do you know any other examples?

It depends on the kingdom. All dwarf kingdom is good but you lose the thievery and if they not A/M then the magic also. Main advantage is the fog.
    Gamer4Life

Postaholic
    25 dwarf is definitely not good

a partial dwarf setup CAN be okay, but its certainly not my preference

real good kds (such as EQ/rage/playboys/seasons) would not have chosen dwarf (for good reasons).

Post Fiend
    What good reasons?

Postaholic
    that they suck in top wars

Enthusiast
    A race that can achieve 97 mod OPA without mercs or spells keeping a 40 raw DPA sucks?

I wouldn't want 25 in the same kd though. That would be overkill, and ripe for a t/m party

Regular
    dwarfs are awesome for growing, not so awesome for warring. but it all depends on who plays these accounts:)

Veteran
    I would rate a 25 dw setup over a partial dw one. In any mixed KD the non dwarves become vulnerabilities and they decrease the effect of fog dramatically. That being said a full dwarf KD is still vulnerable to A/Ts and that makes them a bit unsuitable for warring. However that disadvantage is something you have to live with if you want to play dwarves and you will have it regardless whether you have a full or partial dwarf KD.

Post Fiend
    Regarding dwarves by the way, is Dwarf/Artisan could run a 90% monster draft with decent BE?
    Last edited by Major Player; 28-11-2008 at 06:11.

No. Artisan bonus only affects flat rate and capacity buildings.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Sir Postalot
    where can i play these dvarves that the OP talks about? =P

seriously tho, dwarves melt in wars much like orc's due to poor T/M defense =)
    and lack proper hybrid abilities (can sorta do A/M but dont have spell book)

Post Fiend
    Thanks for the prompt response Dolgil.

I think that KD with 100% Dwarves are all Warhero or Warriors and they have at least
    3 raw TPA and 3 raw WPA, with WTs. And they pump only Crime and Channeling on their science. Isn't that good Dwarf suiciders KD?
    Last edited by Major Player; 28-11-2008 at 07:12.

Postaholic
    hmm lemme rephrase myself

obviously if its dwarf + DE or dwarf + orc or some kind of similar suicider attacker race, u r better off with all dwarf. but when i say partial dwarf, i mean mix dwarf suiciders with races such as human or gnome in approximately 2 dwarf : 1 human/gnome ratio. even better if u can grow ur human/gnome bigger and keep ur dwarves smaller. the reason is dwarves are okay at being suicider attacker, but horrible when it comes to economy and staying unbreakable. with human or gnome, u can make up for dwarf's weakness and take on the big role while let ur dwarves go nuts and suicide and maximize their strength.

my personal preference, if im FORCED to include dwarf in setup, would be gnome/dwarf, cuz altho human have better military and econ, gnomes are relatively less vulnerable to fireball and nightmare thus more reliable

Even then, i think dwarves are still going to be shredded by attackers with decent t/m hybrids. 3 raw tpa + 3 raw wpa, with WTs and sci will only provide decent thievery defence and minor magic offence advantages since their spell book is limited, on top of having no mystics. plus, maintaining such all round t/m defence, i think, will greatly compromise their attacking capabilities. they could probably sustain attacks for the first day, but the t/m ops are going to hit them badly after that either due to troop loss or loss of income.

of course, if you managed to disable all their t/m capabilities via mass massacres or something, you may be able to come up tops in the war, but that's highly unlikely.

Post Fiend
    I agree waheed. Thanks.

What I'm thinking now is, what if next age OMAC makes new race....Dark Dwarf? lol:)

Maybe thats much better KD combo.... Dwarf and Dark Dwarf....hihihi:)

Thread Information