Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More stringent bottomfeeding penalties

More stringent bottomfeeding penalties

Restore the server to lateral size hits being the norm - more penalties on bottomfeeding. Return to skill & challenge where activity & skill become more of a determinate on success in the game rather than big vs little.
    Outwit! .. Outlast! .. Outplay!

Could not agree more Prince Blood. This whole NW gain system is really bad. I always believed the honorable thing to do was attack someone equal or greater in acres and NW than yourself. Aparrently ttis is not the way things work anymore.
    Here is an example: Just did a great attack on a province 20K more NW and 100 acres larger than me. Did not suicide. Got reasonable acres I thought around 12%. Then right after that a kingdom mate of mine 20K bigger than me with MORE acres than the target gets more acres than me. Now if that does not reward safe attacks and punish risky brave ones I do not know what does. If anyone can justify why it should be this way please post.

All I can see it is good for is supporting landfat provinces with low NW feeding on smaller provinces with high NW.:(

Enthusiast
    What races are you and your kdmate? Was the KD stance changed between attacks? How much war science does you and your kdmate have? Did the target province's army return between attacks? What % GS was the target running when you hit and when your kdmate hit? What happened to the KD NW of your KD and the target's between both attacks? What self spells are/were you and your kdmate running during each of your attacks?

All of these factors play into the gains difference. And I may have missed a few.

I think Prince Blood is whining about being bottomfed on, rather.

At the moment bottomfeeding penalties are already in huge favour of the province being bottomfed on.

The larger province (assuming in a larger sized KD since that is what you are stating) suffers from
    - lesser gains, especially if you have enough offence to retal which I assume you definitely don't since you are whining due to KNRG working against them
    - more troop losses cos of the bottomfeed

Grow some balls, stick some GS in and retal them. If they're smart they won't be fighting 1-on-1 retal wars with you.

Er yea, end of post.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Quote Originally Posted by puppy101 View Post
    I think Prince Blood is whining about being bottomfed on, rather.
    lol @ puppy 101

Maybe it's you who should man up & fight like a man instead of stealing candy from women & children. Course you might have to grow a set of skills.

There is NO CHALLENGE in bottomfeeding.

It is BORING & distasteful.

Let's put some skill back into the game. Make these lamers work for their acres instead of racing to get big then preying on little guys.

Sir Postalot
    >woodco
    was your kd mate an orc by any chance?
    also, if you are 80k nw and your kd mate is 100k nw, and you both hit a 100k nw prov, then yeah, would expect him to gain more
    but if you are 200k and he is 220k, then he is either orc, has more gains sci, or used +hrs
    simple =)

>prince blood
    bottom feeders get penalised in war already, whilst suiciding top feeders win (in terms of honor)
    also, define "bottom feeding" please
    i would consider it hitting someone <60% my nw...
    so if you are getting picked on my people UP TO 30% bigger than you, you are well within their reasonable gains range

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Blood View Post
    lol @ puppy 101

Maybe it's you who should man up & fight like a man instead of stealing candy from women & children. Course you might have to grow a set of skills.

There is NO CHALLENGE in bottomfeeding.

It is BORING & distasteful.

Let's put some skill back into the game. Make these lamers work for their acres instead of racing to get big then preying on little guys.
    I haven't bottomfed in the sense that I haven't hit someone below 80% my nw this whole age so far. Actually, er, I've never hit anyone below 80% my nw ever. Even as an orc. What I have done is hit someone within my NW range, just in a smaller kd. Would you consider that bottomfeeding? I say no. And well, I'm far more superior than mankind, I'd have to say, no offence to my male kdmates ;).

Then again, it is a fact that people don't even KNOW or want to fight back. I've played either sides, so stfu because you don't know a thing about me. I've played being a 'bottomfeeder' in your terms, playing in a big kingdom, and I've played as the retaler in a small kd.

Do the big kingdoms lose out? All the time.

I'm in a 1.5something mill NW kd. I hit into a 7 mill NW kd.
    I hit someone same NW size as me. I gain 600 acres.
    I get retalled 3x for 300 - 160 - 90 due to GBP and knrg.
    I put in GS. Due to GS and KNRG, I can hit them when my army is back again for another 600 acres.

Grow up, learn to use the system to your advantage. Stop whining unless you can come up with better thought out suggestions.

Imagine this. As per your suggestion - If those big kingdoms were at the same size as you, YOU would be getting farmed out. You say you want to "Return to skill & challenge where activity & skill become more of a determinate on success in the game rather than big vs little". Ummm, have you actually CE'd those big kingdoms? Can YOUR kingdom face them, in terms of activity? Against like 20+ people who log in more than three times a day, wake up to army in army out (in and out of war if required?)

Please think before you speak ;)
    Last edited by clarey; 29-11-2008 at 07:40.

Seems to me you're the one doing the whining. If you'd played when the server was good, you'd know what I was talking about.

Why is it you're so frantic to defend your right to bottomfeed? What's the matter with more stringent controls?

Is good to make lateral hits. Topfeeding is even better. Bottomfeeders ....... just one more thing to take out with the trash.

Develop some skills, mate. You just might find you have some fun.

Yeah i'm whining, cos farmland like you make me sick. :)
    But owell. I guess getting some offence would be too hard, and also compromise that oh so important defense.

If no one bottom fed, no one would top feed. One is always the retal of the other.

I spent the last 2 ages before this one being bottomfed. Sometimes I could retal the same prov for equal gains, sometimes I had to hit someone smaller in their KD for better gains.

And TBH, people get to the larger sizes often through skill and activity as puppy suggests. If they didnt have both then the other larger provs/KDs that did would farm them.

Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    >woodco
    also, define "bottom feeding" please
    i would consider it hitting someone <60% my nw...
    Gains are pretty much worthless at 60% nw or lower. The gains curve steeply decreases from 70%->60% nw.
    Potius Mori Quam Foedare

Seems to me you're the one doing the whining. If you'd played when the server was good, you'd know what I was talking about.

Why is it you're so frantic to defend your right to bottomfeed? What's the matter with more stringent controls?

Is good to make lateral hits. Topfeeding is even better. Bottomfeeders ....... just one more thing to take out with the trash.

Develop some skills, mate. You just might find you have some fun.
    You really have no idea what you're talking about. Mehul has been narrowing the gains curve for all of recent history. The glorious past you're referring to rewarded bottomfeeding more than it does now.

People with actual skills are the ones bottomfeeding, because they are the ones large enough to have no worthwhile targets their own size. Once you get up into the t100 provinces and higher, your target opportunities are minimal.

Perhaps if individuals you developed some skills and made decent kingdoms, there would be less bottomfeeding overall. Part of the reason there was less bottomfeeding in the past than there is now is because there was far more competition at the top. Now there's hardly anyone worth fighting anymore.
    Potius Mori Quam Foedare

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker073 View Post
    Gains are pretty much worthless at 60% nw or lower. The gains curve steeply decreases from 70%->60% nw.
    mmm, i know =)
    but to me, bottom feeding is when you hit a prov with similar per acre numbers to yourself, that cant break you back after you hit
    and often times, i would need to hit someone ~60-70% my nw for that to happen =)

honestly, the worst age of bottomfeeding EVER was the age when nw based attack time was introduced... people soon worked out hitting people ~50% of land/nw was best way to grow =)

and to all those people who call top kd players bottom feeders:
    Total Attacks Made 28
    Total Wins 25 (89.3%)
    Wins Against Larger Opponents 5 (17.9%)
    Average Relative Opponent Networth 94%
    am in a T5 kd =)

Quote Originally Posted by Striker073 View Post

People with actual skills are the ones bottomfeeding, because they are the ones large enough to have no worthwhile targets their own size. Once you get up into the t100 provinces and higher, your target opportunities are minimal.

Part of the reason there was less bottomfeeding in the past than there is now is because there was far more competition at the top. Now there's hardly anyone worth fighting anymore.
    Exactly my point! Less bottomfeeding = more competition at the top. Top hundred would be lateral & topfeeding - more peeps would be working their way up.

Sir Postalot
    Exactly my point! Less bottomfeeding = more competition at the top. Top hundred would be lateral & topfeeding - more peeps would be working their way up.
    er... not really...
    seeing as you seem consider anyone hitting <90% their nw as bottom feeders, the top would probably be full of explorers/dicers... which is even MORE boring =)

Thread Information