Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DE Mystic - War strat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DE Mystic - War strat

As since my KD is going to start a war and I am a little behind them 800 acres - 1100 acres. I will stop growing at 1k acres and I decide if I get a pump first because atm I have 800 acres at a draft rate of 50% and we will find war that friday the 5th. I need a decent war strat so I can catch up with them. So I figured this out.
    Because I prob wont get the chance for a wizards pump I will get around 2.5/2 MOD WPA, to protect me from thievery I will run around 1.5 TPA.
    Draftrate will be set at 60%

My building strat is looking as followed

10% farms..
    20% guilds
    15% hospitals
    15% TG
    10% barracks
    8% stables
    10% banks
    10% Homes
    2% Dungeons

I am running full leet defence (any comments on that)?
    Does anyone has improvements to my Buildingstrat?
    Do I still have time for a pump and what should I pump in wich numbers?

I look forward to your constructive criticism.

Thanx in advance

Regular
    Some brief suggestions:

-You do not have time for a pump, maybe you can put a few point in crucial categories.
    -If you are warring a descent KD, 1,5 raw TPA is not enough. I'm set on running 2 raw TPA and 9% WTs for my upcomming war.
    -I'd cut back around 5% of your guilds and put it into barracks (makes you able to intensify your attack rate and get more value off your 15% hospitals.

Otherwise your strat looks good. It just depends on what style you wanna play. But if you can't find room for around 10% WTs, I'd suggest you try to get around 2,5-3 raw TPA, but then again this depends on who you are warring. You'd probably do ok against a ghetto.

And btw, I'd suggest a heavy pump after your war, so you can run without homes for the next one. (I know it's hard to keep that BE up without homes as a DE)

Tnx for your opinion Ganodorf, a quick question is 45 DPA enough with full leet?
    My role in the KD is MS'ing and alot of mage damage, was well attack who I want because I am the smallest.
    Does 10% Rax give enough time to attack twice a day or only when 15% thats what I am aiming for 2 attacks/day

60% draft ain't enough. Any attacker that's not Elf and less than 65% draft will quickly find themselves in drafts lower than 50% after a couple of days of warring.

And that's not all - even with only 60% draft, the simple combination of Riots, Greed and Drought can easily cripple your weak economy. Couple that with a couple of attacks on you and you are a goner in the war. Pray you don't fight Elves.

And given that you are running full elite defense, you are most likely to perish on the end of the 2nd warring day. Switch to pumping def specs in war instead of elites for your in-war defense.
    Numbers and strategies are only but a small fraction of what this game is about, yet it's funny to see that players are putting a lot of unnecessary negative emotions into those two aspects and make a big fuss.

"My role in the KD is MS'ing and alot of mage damage, was well attack who I want because I am the smallest."

You are an easy massacre target. That and your spells are practically useless to the enemy's largest provinces due to networth difference. Don't cry when your MS on them last for only 4 hours.
    Numbers and strategies are only but a small fraction of what this game is about, yet it's funny to see that players are putting a lot of unnecessary negative emotions into those two aspects and make a big fuss.

Regular
    If you are going to do 2 attacks a day you might manage with 45 raw DPA, even though it's a bit low. In my oppinion offence > defence during war, but make sure you make those 2 attacks a day then. Personally Im running 13-14% barracks, it's enugh for twice a day.

60% draft is enough. But radinet is right about the MS'ing, so try to keep the small enemy provs covered with MS, and use the rest of your mana to ToG and contribute on dragons.

There's no way to tell what would be the optimal draft rate for a given war, radinets suggestion might be the better one depending on the progress in the war. But picture this: You're not sci pumped as you mentioned, you set your draft to 60% making your BE close to 80%... You get a gold dragon incomming, your BE drops well below 70.

If your significantly smaller and weaker now EXPECT to be chained.

For this reason you need Hosps and maybe GS. You will want to max your offence rather than your defence, you will NEED to make 2+ hits a day (more with double taps). Your WPA is close to useless until you do get chained, at which point hammer out the LL to regain those acres after MSing the smallest enemies and getting CBs on other mystics when needed.

Drop the dungeons, they will be gone once you take an attack anyways.

Enthusiast
    Dungeons are the best military building around per considering the low acreage they take up and the opa they add. At worst your 2% turns to .5%-1% which is still damn good offense per acre you put in to it. However, you will need space for WT as someone pointed out earlier (I'd run about 15% considering that the 15 turns to 12 rather quickly). You are also going to want about 15% rax or slightly less in order to accommodate decent attack times in to a latter part of the war.

And 60% draft when you have roughly 2.5-3 wpa and 1.5 tpa is fine. There's no reason to waste space that could go to military on more thieves if you aren't a thief. Any higher draft will give you negative gold an hour or a considerably lower BE. As far as DPA goes last age I ran about 50 with elites that I would usually send out so I had some flexibility and slight turtling ability. DPA depends on the rest of your kingdom. If everyone is running 35 then 40 is too much. If everyone is running 45 then 40 is too little. Check with your monarch about that.

DE Mystic - War strat

Farms 8%
    Banks 7%
    TG 15%
    Barracks 15%
    GS 11%
    Hospitals 11%
    Guilds 8%
    WT 14%
    Stables 9%
    Dungeons 2%

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6299/stratfq2.png

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    Dungeons are the best military building around per considering the low acreage they take up and the opa they add. At worst your 2% turns to .5%-1% which is still damn good offense per acre you put in to it. However, you will need space for WT as someone pointed out earlier (I'd run about 15% considering that the 15 turns to 12 rather quickly). You are also going to want about 15% rax or slightly less in order to accommodate decent attack times in to a latter part of the war.
    Stretching the DE's acre allocation to a very thin point is not a very good idea. It's either ditch rax for WTs or the other way round.

Considering that St. Sato wants to play with difficult spells, he will have to sacrifice Barracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    And 60% draft when you have roughly 2.5-3 wpa and 1.5 tpa is fine. There's no reason to waste space that could go to military on more thieves if you aren't a thief. Any higher draft will give you negative gold an hour or a considerably lower BE. As far as DPA goes last age I ran about 50 with elites that I would usually send out so I had some flexibility and slight turtling ability. DPA depends on the rest of your kingdom. If everyone is running 35 then 40 is too much. If everyone is running 45 then 40 is too little. Check with your monarch about that.
    60% is never enough and will never be. St. Sato's DE will need all the troops he can train as he's the smallest in his KD. Aim for at least 65%. Heck ages ago during my DE days I used to run 65% draft with no homes at all.

So if I am right the best thing to do is raise my TPA to 2 TPA,
    Adapt my building strat to aprox this:

8% farms..
    20% guilds
    15% hospitals
    15% TG
    14% barracks
    8% GS or stables
    10% banks
    10% Homes

Considering not to train leets in wartime only specs.
    The second thing to do is not to going to MS on high targets because its a waste of mana.

8% farms..
    20% guilds
    15% hospitals
    15% TG
    14% barracks
    8% GS or stables
    10% banks
    10% Homes

I would make it 15% guilds and 20% TG. Raise draft to 65%. Stables for sure.
    Everything else looks ok.
    Gamer4Life

Dark elves don't need stables, Bijo, and 8% farms is stupid.
    Anyone half-way competent won't require more than 6% this far into the age, anyway.

Banks also aren't ever needed during wars, and guard stations are only useful if your entire kingdom makes use of them.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Oh, and 8% guilds guarantee that your duration-based spells won't last very long.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

yep it took him 10 mins to reply
    tnx alot VT2 you just helped me win 10$

loser :)

Thread Information