Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VT2 need your help

Well since you placed it that way I'll ask more questions about elf.

What is the strongest personality for an elf if you want to be an A/m? This is assuming you're in a kingdom that isn't running any kingdom wide strats.

Are you using Dspecs for all your defense and elites for all your offense or some discombobulated 1:1:2 type of ratio?

Why go with an elf attacker over a dwarf or human?

Warrior.
    Hands down, no quarter given, and no questions asked.

You go elf over all others because you want to hit hard, often, and for fat damage. The problem is getting to a point where you can do that.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Are you attacking with only elites or do you use your spec creds to buy offense specs to attack with? I'm trying to get a feel for how you're actually advancing at a reasonable rate. I assume you're buying at least some offense specs because even with reduced troop losses your elites dying would add up quickly.

How much defense are you leaving at home after attacks relatively speaking?

Are you getting retalled on or do you leave yourself enough defense that you're an ugly target still? Or are you relying on your decent TPA and clear sight to protect you from someone getting an SoM?

Do you bother getting any guard stations in war or out of war?

Enthusiast
    My opinion.

Are you attacking with only elites or do you use your spec creds to buy offense specs to attack with? I'm trying to get a feel for how you're actually advancing at a reasonable rate. I assume you're buying at least some offense specs because even with reduced troop losses your elites dying would add up quickly.
    If you can't afford a constant full leet army then F it and go for offense specs.

Well if your KD has no intentions of watching your back for you as you imply, then you should look at leaving a good amount of def at home. 45 to 55 dpa? If you find it hard, you can always bottom feed so you have to train a lot of offense and put more troops into defense.

Are you getting retalled on or do you leave yourself enough defense that you're an ugly target still?
    Try to attack with anonymity all the time. Keep a low profile.

Or are you relying on your decent TPA and clear sight to protect you from someone getting an SoM?
    If you not in war, 1 - 1.5 TPA will do.

Do you bother getting any guard stations in war or out of war?
    OOW not realy worth it unless you are going to attack and leaving low DPA at home. In war depends, once again if your KD is not as organized as you imply and you know you are going to be a target in war you might wat to consider getting a few.....

Again, these are my opinion. Others may play it differently.

You get as many elites as you possibly can, while running enough static defense to avoid getting doubled, then you hit as hard and as often as you can, abusing quick feet and pitfalls.

If you do it right, people won't be fast enough to stop you, even when they hit in groups - this is especially true if you're running plenty of guard stations.

You people are too ghetto to know how hybrids work.
    1.5 TPA is NOT enough. You need 2+ in the area you're not specializing in, and 4+ in the one you are.

Anonymity is USELESS - anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.
    It makes your attack-times longer, which means you're open to hits for a longer amount of time, and it's not anonymous at all.
    The amount of stupid gnomes, wannabe T/M's, and suicidal dwarves I've destroyed, thanks to them believing anonymity is anonymous, cannot be counted - there's simply too many of them.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    Anonymity is USELESS - anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.
    It makes your attack-times longer, which means you're open to hits for a longer amount of time, and it's not anonymous at all.
    The amount of stupid gnomes, wannabe T/M's, and suicidal dwarves I've destroyed, thanks to them believing anonymity is anonymous, cannot be counted - there's simply too many of them.
    Agreed 110%. Even just this war some guy suicide anon one of us and within minutes we found out and dropped him to a fraction of his land. On top of that he's open for us to farm him for 20 hours.

Even OOW people can still find out that you are the attacker (unless you are hitting in to a kingdom without a lot of thievery when you are a gnome).

No one in my kingdom EVER does anon. If they do they are warned, and if they continue they are kicked, simple as that.

EDIT TO ADD:

My kingdom is doing 35-40 as a whole. If your kingdom is doing 45-50, then that's what you should run. Always check with your kingdom mates to see their dpa. 45 is too much if the kingdom is running 40 but too low if the kingdom is running 50.

Also as far as a personality goes, I agree that warrior is a strong choice. However, IMO it isn't the end all be all. If you aren't going to be active enough to make use of 8-9 hour attack times then there's really no point in picking warrior. Sage is fairly strong since it stacks with fountain of knowledge. That means you are actually gaining .55 free books an acre as an elf as opposed to .5. The extra little bit adds up. Also, my kingdom is going mystic for the MS option down the road when we are looking at 100% channeling science. Even with ~40% channeling and <20% towers we are able to keep ms up on a number of provinces that would be problems otherwise. Not to mention it suits our purpose well because we like to war a lot and running 60% guilds OOW between wars to get our wpa up isn't feasible.
    Last edited by Cheech; 03-12-2008 at 04:42.

Different strat now VT2?

this is especially true if you're running plenty of guard stations.
    Admit it, you got pwned on your first stab at a strat or are you going "vines" on us?

And, no, I'm not going to shut up.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Dolgil your comment makes no sense. VT2's comment made no reference to wether the build strat being used was his own or any other Elf build.

Best personalities for elf are, in no real order, warrior, sage, mystic, and merchant. Rogue works, but isn't optimal.

VT2 put up an elf build strat and later was talking about adding guard stations. So, now which is it? Guard stations for elves or no? It makes sense.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Postaholic
    GSs are not race-specific, they are situation-specific

warhero can also work well with elf

So VT2 you're running 2 TPA and 4 WPA with a 62% draft rate and no homes? What kind of BE are you sitting at? What kind of military wage % are you running? This might be quicker if you just spout out everything you know about elves :P

Also, how do hospitals stack with the elf racial? Are you casting pitfalls on targets you're just hitting randomly or only in war? Trying to get a feel for your playstyle--it's apparently quite effective.

Hospitals are wasted on an Elf, you would have less losses by using more TG so you could send less troops.

I'm not far enough into the age to run 4+ WPA and 2+ TPA.
    Currently, I have 70% mismatched draft, 2+ TPA, and around 2.5 WPA.

BE around 80%.
    200% wages, because elf doesn't pay much of anything in wages, anyway.

Hospitals is a multiplier on the elven losses bonus, much like how banks are a multipler on the human one to income.
    You essentially get half of what any other race would get from running hospitals.

Thread Information