Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MORE move codes please

MORE move codes please

Instead of giving us more trade codes.. Can we please have more move codes instead? I see no reason to give out "trade" codes because it would make no sense for a person to desire a trade with another province. Why would someone want a kingdom that someone else finds to be a ghetto.

I would think that "move codes" would make more sense to give out. Some of these kingdoms could use them to help build up there kingdoms.

Or they can use them to just kill off their kingdom mates and trade in friends, as has been seen already. Or just get in their own multis. I'd say lower moves to 2 instead, it's far more prone to abuse than trades. It makes plenty sense to get trades because it lets kingdoms replace players who leave.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

No, not really, catty.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Enthusiast
    catwalk just likes any policy that keeps kingdoms from catching up

once ahead, stay ahead

I rather like the new rules which allow for more social mobility than previously.

Give us more moves.
    Trades are virtually useless, and it's faster to MOVE a province that already exists in, while your old girl or guy deletes, than it is to arrange a stupid trade.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Trades are indeed useless. Turn all trades into moves and the world will become a better place.

Postaholic
    You are missing the point of the new trading system.

In the not so old days, kingdoms used illegal trades to keep their kingdoms filled with active players (once they got to 25 players). Before they got to 25 players they had to work to get people willing to give up their accounts to the kingdom.

Now, kingdoms can move a few players in so it'll be easier to build the kingdom. The point is not to make it possible to build a kingdom from scratch without any randoms or work. The building process of a kingdom is almost the same as before, only with less cheating involved (you can legally trade and move some players in).

The point of the trades is that kingdoms with 25 players can now keep their kingdom filled with active players without resorting to cheating (with illegal trades).

If you increase the amount of moves you will only make it harder for new players since they wont be able to find a reasonable kingdom to join.

If you reduce the amount of trades you'll only make kingdoms use the old way of illegal trading.

So, if you whine about the advantage that the top kingdoms get by being able to trade more easily, the only change to be made is to reduce the amount of trades.

PS
    I'd love to get more moves so I could build my kingdom faster, but I just don't think increasing the amount of moves is the right thing to do.

I find it hilarious that VT2 is begging for more trades. Your players don't wish to cooperate when quitting? Or you want a super duper kingdom over night with your truckload of pro friends who are eager to join you?

In the not so old days, not everyone used the now legal cheating to get new players in, and most lived with randoms.
    That's why so many are finding trades to be USELESS.

Give us move-codes.

Why can't you convince quitting players to hand over their provinces?

Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    Because he doesn't have REAL authority over his kingdom mates? ;)
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

If it was that easy. People that "quit" are people that have stayed long enough, if they quit it's good to be able to trade someone in to replace them but it's only to save provinces/a decent player really. Usually people that "quit" in ghettos are people that defect for their deep desire to instantly join a better kingdom.

I can't convince the players that random into my kingdom to trade. Either they don't respond at all, they want to stick around or they want to join a better kingdom - and I can't trade them into a better kingdom. People are egoistic, they don't care about doing me a favour when they don't gain anything from it themselves.

Trading is undoubtly favoured for the established kingdoms. Yes, it was the point to make it hard to create kingdoms and to avoid the easiness to create farm kingdoms, but I think OMAC didn't think this one through and that they actually made the system too unbalanced.

The point is not to make it possible to build a kingdom from scratch without any randoms or work.
    If I start out with my core of 5 players, it would take me 4 ages to fill this kingdom if I get three moves, I get one decent defecting player that wants to stay and one guy that magically wants to trade his province. Assuming each round is 12 weeks, that'd be 48 weeks. Almost a year to build a kingdom.

Even if I had 24 moves at this point building a kingdom isn't easy! Maintaining a kingdom isn't easy. Nothing is easy. Why not spare us, or rather me, some of the 48 weeks?

"Because he doesn't have REAL authority over his kingdom mates?"
    No, actually, I don't.

Should I have? I think the rules clearly state that one can ONLY own one account at any given time, or am I wrong here?
    Should I do like Ezzer and Catwalk, and demand everyone's account-info?

If I start out with my core of 5 players, it would take me 4 ages to fill this kingdom if I get three moves, I get one decent defecting player that wants to stay and one guy that magically wants to trade his province. Assuming each round is 12 weeks, that'd be 48 weeks. Almost a year to build a kingdom.
    I started out mid-round with a core of 5 players, including myself. All others were killed off due to excessive inactivity or AA provinces. The round after we had 20 active players and were somewhere in the top 100-200. That was without trading, just randoms. When players quit, the province died. You get to move in 3 friends per round AND you get to replace quitting players. You're far better off with the new system. It's a net benefit for your kingdom while hardly affecting the top. In fact, to the extent that top kingdoms do abide by the new rules (my own kingdom does), they're worse off than before. What is your problem?

VT2, real authority means people will follow your command because they have faith in your abilities. I find it absolutely hilarious how you turned 180 and now demand more more more.
    Last edited by Catwalk; 04-12-2008 at 14:45.

Thread Information