Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with war..

Problem with war..

I have a problem with a war my kingdom has fought. It was very closely fought and we managed to win, however I cannot convince my opponents king of that. It was to be a 48 hour war and whoever had largest gains was to be declared the winner.

Now the way he looked at it his paper said his kingdom was ahead 129 acres after 48 hours while mine said my kingdom was ahead by 496...

This is obviously because the land you get from exploration pool doesnt show up in their paper. They refuse to surrender thinking they won and refuse even MP (offered after I got tired of trying to drill it through their heads). I tried to explain to their king how the paper works..However he just doesnt understand.

Any suggestions? Cheers

PS. this is something about the game I think should be changed, both papers should include exploration pool gain, so it doesnt throw things off like this...

Forum Fanatic
    both papers should be the same ,as your paper doesnt show his either. why would you expect anyone to surrender tho when they are ahead on their paper just like you are ahead on yours?
    If you dont think you lost then why expect him to think he has .That the problem with time limit wars and going by papers that are not exact.
    war till someone wants to end it. simple way to fix it.

honestly speaking, this is why some people want some form of war meter or gain meter to gauge who has won the war. acre wars will always have disputes especially when the acre differences are close (~500). you can imagine some how some where, the other party is going to cook up some fictitious figure to claim the war win. the only way to go is to cripple them entirely until they have to surrender as what thunder ta mentioned. sometimes acres don't mean everything. i have had wars where we were 1k+ ahead in acres, but we were clearly losing. i had only 3/5 of my max pop then.

my suggestion now is to scrap the acre war condition and work for maximum damage rather than maximum gains (although they usually come hand in hand... usually.) you may wanna try chaining the monarch.

chaining the monarch never works, it'll probably piss him off even more.
    utopia's gentle and loving nub at your service

The Veteran nOOb from the other thread would. I like it when they concentrate on me, gives time for me boys to push on.

Keep warring them until either you or they accept that they have lost. War is a bit messy and at such a tiny acre gain / loss either side can hardly declare much of a victory. Also try to remain on good terms, you won't gain anything by calling him and his kingdom nubs etc :-)

Well you guys gain more acre than the attacked prov losses. So you can't expect both papers to be same, So let's say you attacked a prov and gained 110 acre, that will be what shown on your paper but other prov will lose 100 acre. So you gain %10 more than you should. I can explain more if you still having problems to understand what I said.

Enthusiast
    The war meter should be brought back.

Those KDs who think it shouldn't then just don't use it when you war.

Other KDs need it to avoid pointless wars more or less.

The war meter was useless, as is terms, and all that stupid stuff.
    The only rule of war is: he who withdraws first loses.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Enthusiast
    I've never been in a war when it's even and neither side wants out. +/- a couple hundred acres is so negligible that it would be foolish for either side not to push onward. That's only a couple of attacks difference. Obviously you have to push your side harder if they truly want to win. Bringing in a war meter would still cause you the same number of problems. Fixing papers so it would say Province A grabbed X land + Y from explore pool would be too messy. It says that land is taken from the pool clearly in the guide; if he doesn't understand that then that's his problem. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the current system. Just don't make retarded war terms without the foresight to see that maybe one kingdom isn't active enough to put the other one away. Last age my kingdom surrendered when we were ahead in land. Why? Because they had unbreakables that we couldn't take down. If the monarch still feels he can win then he's entitled to continue the war.

Fair enough, thanks for everyones opinion. It is very close, but were pulling ahead now. Were going to force them to withdraw. Weve knocked their largest provinces/attackers to under 400 acres over the past 24 hours and are starting on the next two, they wont be able to continue the war effort much longer.

To avoid confusion in the future it would be nice if both papers showed the same thing.. We tried to be patient and explain how the paper system worked, but they wouldnt hear us out. Anyways, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    The war meter was useless, as is terms, and all that stupid stuff.
    The only rule of war is: he who withdraws first loses.
    I will only partially agree with you here V2. It all depends on what you have accomplished and the reason for the war and the WD.
    Everyone has standards. Some are just higher than others.

Ive seen the "land raping" orcs go for 48 hours or so and withdraw with all that land before they get T/Med to death.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

T/Med to death......??

lol

Well I am from the other kingdom than WhiteRaj. The situation on battlefield has somehow changed we are clearly ahead in both acres and NW and honor we are just banging them like a little ball BUT THEIR RESPONSE TO THIS IS GOING INTO VACATION MODE AND NOT WITHDRAWING LOL!
    I wonder what can we do?

Thread Information