Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Alliance: Gutbuster Brigade

Quote Originally Posted by Striker073 View Post
    lol?
    Are you on drugs Prince Blood? Where have I ever said that the top kingdoms ally for safety (they don't) or that the top alliances cooperate with each other at all (they don't). You should really try discerning between what I actually say and what I would say if I was as stupid as you are. Seriously, if you have to make up nonsense I supposedly said now, you've lost this.
    How many top kds are cf'd in your relations box?
    Outwit! .. Outlast! .. Outplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Blood View Post
    How many top kds are cf'd in your relations box?
    We have only a couple of kingdoms CF'd outside of our alliance, which is very small and does not represent even a fraction of the top, and those CF's are due to conflicts we've already had with those kingdoms that have now since ended. They represent no sort of cooperation or alliance of any sort as you have so claimed. In fact, they represent the sort of conflicts that you have been such a proponent of. We have no NAPs.
    This is a normal relations situation for any top kingdom. Obviously, it is a distant cry from your claims of active cooperation among the entire top of the game so that we can bottomfeed everyone and keep them from reaching our level.

For your edification:

Bottom feeding - a guy leaves 65 - 70 dpa at home - very little risk
    Lateral feeding - a guy leaves 50 dpa at home - more risk
    Top feeding - a guy leaves 40 dpa at home - heavy risk

The game should be commensurate with the risk.

"Utopia is about risk. The more risk, the more reward."

- Original Utopia Guide

What's the difference between a bottomfeeder & a turtler? Turtler sits in war with his 65 - 70 dpa. He doesn't take big hits. He just sits there like a slug. He never worries. Cuz his mates are taking all the hits for him. You know how you feel when you get a turtler in your kd. I do. Out the door he goes.

Then when the stats are posted the turtler brags about what a good player he is & how well he does for the kd. He looks down on his mates who've been chained because they were threats. He doesn't get it that he never gets hit cuz he's a useless piece of sh*t. Turtler is to war what bottomfeeder is to Utopia.

So imagine now Utopia's your kd & you got a whole fleet of turtlers in it.

Scary stuff!
    Bottomfeeding et al are not defined by dpas left at home, they are defined by the nw difference between the provinces in question. DPA is a useless indicator as that fluctuates depending on how pumped the attacking province is and the target he is hitting. I've left less than 30dpa home bottomfeeding targets because they had no offense.

Also, the game already rewards greater risk with greater reward. If you attack someone near your own networth, your gains are much greater than if you attack someone much smaller than you. The networth gains curve is already steeply curved to this effect, plus the advantages of gangbang protection and kingdom networth disparity. These protections have been increased in recent ages, so I've never understood your mythical claim that in the past things were better.
    Last edited by Striker073; 07-12-2008 at 20:16.
    Potius Mori Quam Foedare

Sir Postalot
    Greenie, Greenie, Greenie ......... ofc you would cf your alliance. So maybe there'd be 3 top groups. All vying & scheming for the coveted top kingdom spot. There would be Awars every age! It would be fun again.

You wouldn't cf every single alliance at the top. Is called static. Boring. Is anathema to a war game. THIS IS A WAR GAME. Was. Not quite sure what it is now. Some old boys retirement home. With more stringent controls on bottomfeeding you would be forced to fight each other for your land & the game could get on it's feet again cuz you wouldn't be after the vast majority of Utopia you think of as food.

(This is me speaking, not Greenie lol - wrote in his quote*)
    a) my kd isnt in an alliance
    b) its top 5
    c) currently its less than practical for my kd to go around attacking people if we want to achiev our goal for the age, so why should we attack when cf'ing kd's our size is better for us
    d) actually, the top is less than static, and there is some rather interesting developments, if you knew anything about the game at the top, you would realise this =)
    (mainly DE vs Elf dicing)

For your edification:

Bottom feeding - a guy leaves 65 - 70 dpa at home - very little risk
    Lateral feeding - a guy leaves 50 dpa at home - more risk
    Top feeding - a guy leaves 40 dpa at home - heavy risk

The game should be commensurate with the risk.

"Utopia is about risk. The more risk, the more reward."

- Original Utopia Guide

What's the difference between a bottomfeeder & a turtler? Turtler sits in war with his 65 - 70 dpa. He doesn't take big hits. He just sits there like a slug. He never worries. Cuz his mates are taking all the hits for him. You know how you feel when you get a turtler in your kd. I do. Out the door he goes.

Then when the stats are posted the turtler brags about what a good player he is & how well he does for the kd. He looks down on his mates who've been chained because they were threats. He doesn't get it that he never gets hit cuz he's a useless piece of sh*t. Turtler is to war what bottomfeeder is to Utopia.

So imagine now Utopia's your kd & you got a whole fleet of turtlers in it.

Scary stuff!
    so... me hitting that suicider who left 10 dpa at home, which means my gnome leaves 70 dpa at home, even though he is the same nw as me, makes me a bottomfeeder?
    also, by your measure, im a topfeeder, awesome!!! im leaving ~35 dpa at home on every hit!!! despite the fact my prov is over 500k nw and i havent hit anyone >80% my nw in the past week =)

and a turtler with only 70 dpa is asking to get hit as far as im concerned =)

Arrow Bottomfeeding is defined by the feeder not the victim.

Greenie & Striker

Bottomfeeding is defined by the feeder, not the victim & measuring it in terms of the feeders dpa is appropriate.

Ofc there will be exceptions like suci's but the average is the rule. This is using 60 draft which is what most players use.

Sir Postalot
    Greenie & Striker

Bottomfeeding is defined by the feeder, not the victim & measuring it in terms of the feeders dpa is appropriate.

Ofc there will be exceptions like suci's but the average is the rule. This is using 60 draft which is what most players use.
    yeah, and alot of the top kd's provs leave 30-35 dpa at home most of the time... but by your logic, they arent bottomfeeding, which, they clearly are...

also, if you take into account 60% draft with 10% homes and 10% pop sci
    that gives you ~17 troops/acre - 1 for theives
    so you are looking at 16 military per acre
    if someone is running 120% DME with 65 dpa, he is going to have (non-human/DE) 11 troops/acre tied up for defense, which leaves him with 5 for offense, even an orc would struggle with that!
    of course they are going to be bottomfeeders when the max offense they can get is 50-55 mod opa (as an orc)

so your point is entirely moot, as anyone running that sort of defense HAS to be a bottom feeder, and its what top kd's like to call "free acres"

your logic is extremely flawed prince blood, thinking of military is rather pointless these days, and talking about bottomfeeding in terms of how much defense you leave at home, is even more flawed

He use his own terms.
    Simply most people don't have enough knowledge to judge others since Utopia experiences are different on what kind of kingdom and alliance you play.

Arrow Bottomfeeding with 30 - 35 dpa at home?

Greenie - "yeah, and alot of the top kd's provs leave 30-35 dpa at home most of the time... but by your logic, they arent bottomfeeding, which, they clearly are..."

By my definition, they are top feeding & suci. Big difference between suiciding & bottomfeeding. Far greater risk.

What but they get waved while their armies are out? Go to war. How long & how many guys would it take to send them into overpop. Double/triple tap very, very quickly. 40 is good imo. Can't be DT'd by same size provvie. Maybe I am a suck.

Had a cpla guys playing that in tourney & a cpl in every kd we warred. They were always at the bottom of the barrel. Big gains, even greater losses. As a kd wide strat, idk. How well do they stack up against equal kds playing 30, 40, 50 dpa @ home?

Whats NAPS precious?

Sir Postalot
    By my definition, they are top feeding & suci. Big difference between suiciding & bottomfeeding. Far greater risk.
    your definition is wrong then =)

Double/triple tap very, very quickly. 40 is good imo. Can't be DT'd by same size provvie. Maybe I am a suck.
    my kd can DT 40 dpa at home... quite easily

Whats NAPS precious?
    Non-action pacts, very similar to a CF

Thread Information