Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Alliance: Gutbuster Brigade

New Alliance: Gutbuster Brigade

Please read more on AR : )

http://www.alliancerankings.com/foru...ead.php?t=4024

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Humbly yours

Narkissos, leader of the Gutbuster Brigade

So this is basically one big ghetto target-sharing outfit?
    Potius Mori Quam Foedare

Enthusiast
    What a dumb alliance idea. I'd like to see a bunch of newbs in random ghettos try to mess with my kingdom.

Postaholic
    ignore the haters

good luck with this new alliance

Quote Originally Posted by waheed View Post
    ignore the haters

good luck with this new alliance
    No legitimate alliance would target-share and attempt to gangbang anyone who happens to hit one of their members. This sounds like something Prince Blood would come up with.
    Potius Mori Quam Foedare

Postaholic
    its not against any game rules. and if indeed they do stuff dishonorable then im sure ingame justice will take care of it

as far as i can see this guy is obviously not as familiar to the "code of honor" amongst the utopia community and mean no harm, so why not just wish him good luck have fun. besides i doubt it'll develop big enough to actually cause problems for other players

Sir Postalot
    *Protection* Large very active bottomfeeding kingdoms is the scourge of Utopia, and some of them wave weaker kingdoms to get resources, making it harder for less active kingdoms to rebuild and prepare for war without interruption. They also make it harder for individual players to compete when it comes to top spots in province charts. They take, and leave the opponent with no chance to retal. the Gutbuster Brigade want to make it harder for kingdoms to get away with this. If your KD get several waves from the same opponent over a certain amount of time, or you as an individual are trying to compete as a province but getting hammered down by provinces from the same location, the GB wants to offer you a helping hand. The irc-based division will be working together ready to combat the threat of an active kingdom trying to crush the little guy. By condoning razing of the active KD, we might prevent this from
    happening to often.
    LOL, good luck with that...
    i doubt you could get enough decent kd's that arent already in an alliance who could even put a dent in most of the top kd's
    im the 5th smallest prov in my kd, and im just outside the top 100 provs, and when all those who probably can hit me are above me, and CF'ed, i doubt you'll have much luck =)

It has never been done in this magnitude before, sure, maybe inactive player alliances have existed, but not one dealing with 50 - 100 ircers working together.
    cant beat the age ABS got completely smacked by 200 odd multi's straight OOP :)
    Last edited by _greenie; 04-12-2008 at 08:44.

I still find it interesting with these notions about what's honourable and what's not. As for whether or not this'd work, that's a question of activity and coordination. If 200 mid sized provinces with high offense setups signed up for this, it could have quite an impact. Wouldn't protect its members much as they'd just be hit more, but would certainly piss off the kingdoms being targeted. However, I do believe that all alliance action should be done within a kingdom setting. There should never be any doubt that your allegiance is with your kingdom first and alliance second. Only way to ensure that is having kingdoms as members rather than provinces.
    Last edited by Catwalk; 04-12-2008 at 12:03.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Enthusiast
    Fail.

It has never been done in this magnitude before, sure, maybe inactive player alliances have existed, but not one dealing with 50 - 100 ircers working together.
    Gnome multies anyone?
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Cant read, too long.
    NO!

heheh ghetto target-sharing alliance. Good luck but what makes ghettoes to be ghettoes are the inability to teamwork to extend of sacrificing theirs own prov. =)

Alliance needs to react immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by Striker073 View Post
    No legitimate alliance would target-share and attempt to gangbang anyone who happens to hit one of their members. This sounds like something Prince Blood would come up with.
    Ofc, they would. What's the point of having an alliance that's not going to look out for you.

Re: Indy players - totally agreed with Catwalk. Kingdom only.

Re: Hitting guys or kds that have hit you several times (past tense) - you need to hit the kd that's hitting your alliance member now even as we speak - that means a system that is set up for hands on & immediate action - one that has actual benefit to the kd under seige rather than the rest of the alliance. Bureaucracies & dip may raise the status of the alliance but they don't do much good for the kd that's getting waved. The action has got to be immediate & prevent the kd from losing any more than it has from the moment the cf hits the paper. This means it does not need to be submitted to a committee at the top to ponder your proofs. The only proof needed is your CE showing hits after CF. Monarch sends immediately to all other allied monarchs & immediately, mass alliance bang commences. Couple of these & soon no one dares to hostile rape kds wearing your tag. Ofc, to be honorable, the kd getting waved must fire no shots. We're assuming this is a big kd feeding on a smaller or less ept kd that doesn't want to war them. Wave, yes. After cf is offered, no. I think I'd be a little more aggressive, Striker.
    Outwit! .. Outlast! .. Outplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Blood View Post
    Ofc, they would. What's the point of having an alliance that's not going to look out for you.
    I have run many alliances, large and small, elite and normal. There are zero circumstances I can think of where it is legitimate for an alliance to intervene in a 1v1 kingdom situation. To do so would instantly provoke a proportional response from any friends and allies of the kingdom being targeted, and could easily lead to alliance war. It simply is not acceptable behavior.
    Potius Mori Quam Foedare

Forum Fanatic
    I agree with Striker ,alliances need to stay out of 1-1 wars. if i had a province who even attacked into a war without it being a kingdom authorized alliance action such as a alliance war. hes gone before his army gets home.

Thread Information