Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: VT2 versus Sully.

Postaholic
    VT2 seem to be doing okay with his current kingdom. they do send decent amounts of aid so at least it shows good teamwork, and given the situation and player level to begin with i'd say hes doing most if not all the right things he could, while sully's kd is doing all the wrong things

as i said earlier VT2 does deserve more credit than ppl give him. most ppl compare his kd to establised top kingdoms, which is an invalid comparison considering he pretty much built his kingdom out of nothing

but, as i said also, theres still much for VT2 to learn than he thinks he need. even if he is given a fully cooperative kingdom with 90~100 uniques activity, they'll maybe be top 30 AT BEST in terms of warring (and if u actually think about the kingdoms now, there arent that many good warring kds. a lot of kds are either active bunches led by very average leadership or have good players but dont/cant try hard)

anyway lol @ this war. i cant say i knew it'd end this way from the start, but i am certainly not surprised

Postaholic
    wow i just saw VT2's post. i guess i overestimated him

I could never reach above top-50.
    I'm simply not good enough at bending over and taking it, conducting necessary NAP's, and have no will to forfeit my 5+ wars each age for max 2 wars each age, and the rest just a bunch of idiocy on IRC, and paradising.

Been there, done that - don't want to get anywhere near it again.
    Too boring - this is more fun.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Enthusiast
    With two hits a day and 19 players, he should have 76 attacks in 48 hours. Considering the fact that my human/sage a/t with 15% barracks and 97% BE made 13 hour hits at the beginning of war hitting people of same nw, I'm willing to give VT2 the benefit of the doubt.

Btw, yes, I'm aware that the CE shows he has 20 players. But one of them hasn't hit at all. I'm guessing that's either a nub or an inactive or both.

19. -73 acres: larrr proVINce (/1)

Even then, doesn't change things much. The 13 hour hits still hold...unless he is running a lot of elves.

EDIT: Yes, my maths was wrong. Didn't count on everybody being on at declaration time. My bad. Hey, to err is human.
    Last edited by Nemo; 07-12-2008 at 11:40.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Postaholic
    i said top 30 in terms of warring skill, i did not say chart position

and if u were referring to chart position, we've had no problem reaching to top 20~30 in the past with no NAPs and lots of wars. we actually finished on all 3 charts for 3 ages in a row and the 4th age we would easily have finished in all 3 as well if we didnt decide to disband. note also that it was never a part of our strategy to charge networth, we just get them from waving/warring other kingdoms, most of which we consider equal of our own. we've also NEVER "bent over" to anyone before. we only declined 2 wars during my entire 4 ages as monarch, one time is when half of the kd was away on summer vacation, the other time was when another kingdom intentionally bottomfed us 1 day after oow to force a CF because they were worried we'd go after them over something that happened the age before

my point tho is not to say how great my kd was, it just goes to show how easy it is to make on the top charts and how meaningless it is

and lol... wolfdgrey said 100 attacks, not 100 uniques. good strategy can create multitaps. my kingdom has done 200+ attacks with 22 attackers before, does that mean we all make 5 hour attacks?
    Last edited by waheed; 06-12-2008 at 09:43.

Sir Postalot
    VT2, you have the makings of a good kd =)
    if you can get those 19-20 people making 3 or 4 attacks each in a min time war, then there is probably only about 2 dozen kd's you'll have trouble beating... get full 25 provs doing that, and itll probably cut down to maybe 10-15 kd's there isnt really THAT many decent kd
    (you can get 5 per prov with only an 11 hr attack time if you are all on for declare date)

honestly, building a ghetto up to be a good warring kd is one of the most satisfying things you can do, but jeez, its damn hard...
    it took me 2 whole ages of kicking people out to get a 30 hits in min time kd to 90 in min time... with 5 wins form 6 wars record... pissed off alot of people too, as people who had been in kd for a bit got kicked out =P then i gave up monarchy for one age, and it immediately dropped back to 50 odd

it takes ALOT more than people think to build up a decent kd... often times, trading makes it all too easy, but then you look at amount of time/effort i had to put in, and often just being a player in a decent kd is heaps easier than trying to build a kd... alot less effort involved (cant comment on top kd monarchs)

The most unusual thing just happened.
    Sully's king has said he will not speak to me, and refuses to tell anyone the reasons for why.

How did I get this information? I talked to one of his henchmen, who wants the war to end.
    The king doesn't agree, in addition to not wanting to communicate with me, and since I can't function in my role as king when the enemy has nothing resembling a king or queen of their own, there's really no reason to do anything except pound them to a fine, bloody mist.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    I talked to one of his henchmen, who wants the war to end.
    The king doesn't agree
    Of course the king doesn't agree. They're still 1 million nw bigger than you and bigger in acres, as well. Until acres/nw is below ur kd's, I don't see them withdrawing as they have no need to.

So if you warred me, and I took 2/3 of your total kingdom members down below 800 acres, plus stole 3.6k acres from you before minimum-time, you're saying you wouldn't surrender?

Maybe you need to spank the King( I dunno if you did) or mass message the kd to change their votes and withdraw, you said you allready found one person that wants this done. Third is to leave find someone who is willing to withdraw, leave them alone, and take the rest down. Tell the ones who don't want to fight that if they stop attacking now, then you won't hurt them, and maybe one of them will get half the kd networth and can vote themselves as king.

Enthusiast
    honestly, building a ghetto up to be a good warring kd is one of the most satisfying things you can do, but jeez, its damn hard...
    I'm in the process of doing that right now with what you would call a "dual monarchy." There's my monarch who has been in command for about 6 ages and I defected in about 4 ages ago. We just encouraged people to play hard. Encouraged them to plunder OOW and encouraged them to pimp ops. A couple of ages ago we moved all of our orders in the war to IRC to encourage more people to show up. This brought communication and teamwork up. We chose set races and set builds ever since I got there and people seem to buy in. Our only problem is that we are only about 21 strong - but still managed to throw out 89 attacks over a min time war for our last one. It helped that some were multi taps since one of the people in the other kd anon suicided and since we NSed the crap out of some people. It was about 3-4 uniques per person - mostly on the 4 side. It would have been closer to 5 if we actually got the button but I digress. Maybe we've just been fortunate in picking up newbs and defects that want to set their alarms and play for us. Currently, I'd say we have 3-4 players with 1 full age experience or less, and some of them are our better players.

I'd like to get into a war with VT2 or someone else who is building a kingdom at some point to test where we both are at. Not challenging anyone, but just curious to see where my kingdom is at.

And how do you propose I go about getting 100 hits in 48 hours, with 12 hour attack-times, and 19 people?

I'm sorry, wolfy, but it's not possible ... bla bla bla
    So... VT, you forgot (again) how to count?

With 12 hour attack times and 19 provinces (would be better 11.7-11.8 hours/attack, so you have some safety if someone is late) you theoretically should do 95 unique attacks isn't it?

And if you add some doubbles to that... I mean not allways possible, but sometimes it is, so at 1 doubble/prov during war you should do 114.

If they had 9.6 hour attack-times, always were near a computer, didn't care at all about sleep,
    At 9.6 hours attack time you should make ~114 attacks with 19 provs.

we X-logged for each other
    Don't do that, it's very possible without doing shady things.

Normally, I'd say something witty, sharp, and hurtful here, but I'll just say it straight: stop pretending you're badass, when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
    Go hide in your den, wolfy.
    You normally would say something you THINK it should be witty, sharp or hurtfull, but you need more time in Utopia for that.

I'll enlighten you in my next reply, when you go totally off because you can't figure out what I'm talking about, then you ask around and still can't, so you will ignore my arguments because you made a math mistake...

Go hide in your den, wolfy.
    it's actually a cave, but whatever :P
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

Post Fiend
    Uniques do not mean much if you are getting out chained, out draggied,or out played. I had my last war with about 73 uniques at min time roughly compared to about 90 or so. We won the war within the first 36-48 hours but it dragged on. UNiques aren't th emain thing to accomplish in war, correct aid, precise and well ordered hits/ops. Not wasting mana or stealth on a stupid op, sending and killing draggies, plus many other things help win a war. War is so multi faceted it is not dependent on one thing, sure if you war a ghetto and out hit them your gonna win. But in better wars with better kingdoms, there are so many combinations of what and when to do that will win a war and war is everchanging so different gameplans have will vary and change at any given time during war.

Post Fiend
    Waheed is my Hero!!!!!!!!!!

So if you warred me, and I took 2/3 of your total kingdom members down below 800 acres, plus stole 3.6k acres from you before minimum-time, you're saying you wouldn't surrender?
    If I warred you, you'd be in a world of ****. :)

Anyways, in your current situation, it all depends. First of all, you cannot chain two thirds of the kingdom with that many hits. So lol at that. Second of all, doesn't seem like you know what effective chaining is at all. Third of all, if all of their kingdom can still grab for good acres, why would they withdraw? Fourth of all, if the 1/3 of the kingdom that you claim isn't below 800 acres are unbreakable, there definitely isn't a reason to withdraw. The list can go on and on.

Thread Information