>Well, I think we need a revolution of some scale. Our entire political system is flawed.<

Unfortunately, any real world political system is to a degree. The question becomes how much. Can we do better?

>Of course this is the only way things will get done, but it negates the point of even paying MP's out of tax payers money.<

I agree. The only use of an MP at this point is to prevent the party leader from becoming a dictator of sorts.

>We just need to restructure government to represent the majority more, and not have such a lame duck government every time a minority is elected, which by the looks of things will be another ten years of NOTHING being done<

Unfortunately, splintering the parties into individual MPs looking out for the boys at home would make every government a minority government if you get my drift.

Then again, it would also get rid of an opposition having a tendency to vote against the majority party because of party lines.

>Another peeving thing is the representation. 11% of Canadian voters voted Green, myself included. We have zero seats representing us. Less than 10% voted Bloc(I think I'm right here), and they have a vast number of seats. I'm not sure how you can change this, but it is pretty depressing.<

I couldn't agree with you more.

Its practically impossible to get a bunch of greens concentrated in an area such that they could get an MP in power (unless the green MP happened to be some local well known figure, but what are the odds?), but yet, you'll find some green minotity everywhere in Canada and as things are, they get absolutely no voice.

When view things from this perspective, maybe its the whole MP system which is flawed.