Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf Warrior Advice

Post Fiend

Dwarf Warrior Advice

Here is a rough outline of what my dwarf warrior would look like in war

running all elites and def spec (67% draft rate)
    mod opa = 80 with 4x generals
    mod dpa without elites = 45
    mod wpa = 2
    mod tpa = 1.5
    Watchtower = 15% = ~30% chance to catch
    Hospital = 15% = ~-40% losses

BE = 110%
    Networth/acre = 170
    Profit = 13gc/acre (so 13k at 1000 acres)

Do you see any numbers I should improve on? The attackers in my kingdom have similar dpa with elites gone. I am also running some guardstations because I got chained pretty badly last war (i'm probably one of the top 3 most active). The only concern I have is my economy, which is pretty atrocious.

A question that is related I guess is, should dwarves run homes? I feel like since dwarves have +30% BE, it's a waste to run any flat rate buildings. However I feel like homes can help a bit and it will also help on the birthrate in case of kidnaps and fb etc.

Any help/comments will be much appreciated!

Post Fiend
    Your economy is going to hurt bad. I'm not sure 13k would even cover your wages at 200% pay (though I haven't run any numbers), and you are in real trouble when you get hit with riots, greed, and a little kidnapping/fireballs. Drop your draft a little, 80 opa isn't going to be much more useful than 70 opa and it will help lower your nw/a a little (making your ideal targets lower defense targets as well) and make your economy a lot more sustainable.

I've never run a Dwarf or even considered it really but my first impression is that Homes would not be a good choice. I also don't really advocate running Guard Stations unless its as a kingdom-wide strategy regardless of past chaining. If you got chained you are leaving too little defense at home (compared to your kd mates) or you simply got picked as a chain target, which may be due to your high draft or just bad luck.

Post Fiend
    Your economy is going to hurt bad. I'm not sure 13k would even cover your wages at 200% pay (though I haven't run any numbers)
    he said 13k profit... but that is not enough anyway.

Homes are really for overdrafted/low BE provinces. Dwarves cannot make a good use of them. You still have to give a more specific building strat and your sciences if you want to get advice on what to improve. For now, the only thing that you need to improve is economy.

Lower your draft. Higher BE will make your TG, Rax, Hosps better, making you more NW efficient with faster hits. I wouldnt run homes, utilise those BE affected buildings more. BE and pop science will help there too.

Are you playing suicide strat with double taps? If not you wont need 80opa very often in war. Having better attack speed is far more beneficial in my experience.

Of course this is all preference ;)

Post Fiend
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

Yeah my dwarf has 13k profit after 200% draft rate. I think I'm going to lower some guardstations and clear out my 4% stables into banks for a better eco. At what gc/acre do you guys consider as a good economy? I don't train elites at war and the most I use the spec credits for are off specs (although I did have to train some def spec last war due to chaining + NS)

Also, I guess I plan to send out my elites on attacks as best as I could but I generally can double tap after the first 24-36 hours or so. Since dwarves lose their elites quite easily attacking so often I was thinking of going into war with a big offense and (hope) that it will still be relatively in tack after 72 hours (roughly how long our wars are).

As for my science, I predict I will have 5% housing science (~60 bpa) and 8% tools (~64 bpa) I can definitely run more but I do not want to inflate my networth even more. With my current strat I will end up with 250 bpa (2.7 gc networth), should I bump it up to 310 (3.4 gc networth) for 9% tools and 6% housing?

One last thing, I am consider running 10% forts on my dwarf. Even though my dpa is not that high having 10% forts lowers my army by 1 def spec. With that my draft will be down to 65%. Do you think that's worth it or are those 10% land better elsewhere?

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you guys!

NEVER turn down science in an attempt to reduce your NW, especially BE science or pop science. Its letting you reach the same off/def with less acres/troops, saving you NW.

Forts is definitely an option for you if your running reasonable defence, i.e. not a suiciding strat.

Enthusiast
    67% draft seems rather reasonable considering that his wpa isn't terribly high.

If I were playing dwarf (this is just preference) I would only lower my draft if I got more wpa. WPA will help protect against someone MV your fog. Fog is your greatest asset. So I would aim for roughly 2.5-3 wpa with moderate science (30-40%) and magic shield. In that event I would lower draft down to 63-65. Higher wpa will make people less likely to chain you and if they decide to chain you it will hurt with fog.

Also stables aren't really worth it on a dwarf. I'd rather use Forts (more modifiers on def means more room for elites) or more TG. Even homes could be considerably better. Think of it this way 12.5% homes is one extra epa or 7000 more offense. 12.5% stables is 7500 more offense. However, the elites at home also defend, homes don't employ people, and homes add BR. So pretty much anything will work over stables.

Postaholic
    i would lower dpa to ~30 with full elites out and increase opa to 100+, then get some GS and suicide like a mofo, cuz thats just about the only thing a dwarf is good at

Its the most fun but its not the only thing theyre good at :)

Quote Originally Posted by waheed View Post
    i would lower dpa to ~30 with full elites out and increase opa to 100+, then get some GS and suicide like a mofo, cuz thats just about the only thing a dwarf is good at
    I agree
    Gamer4Life

And keep fog on

I ran DW Warrior this age (never again) and have found WT to be worthless. Seems the "catch" has been mixed up with "identify" because I have no trouble knowing who is NS. Not that it matters because they are still landing the ops. I found that running TD to bump your mod tpa showing a higher tpa. That has kept most attempts from even being tried.

and keep fog on

Post Fiend
    whoa honestly? that would suck if WT only just identifies and not catch lol. I always take it as catch (much like clear sight for elves). Does anyone actually have experience running 15% WT as dwarves and getting 1/3 to 1/4 of the ops failed? I remember running 10% WT once (suppose to give me 1/5 catch) but i got 12 strings of kidnaps on me with no fail.

Also for WT, i'm assume the -damages applies to NS and kidnap?

Quote Originally Posted by waheed View Post
    waheed knows how to correctly run a dwarf :)
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information