Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dw/Shep Attacker

Dw/Shep Attacker

Trying to adjust my war strat. Gonna have 1.5 tpa and 40 dpa oop (new prov.)
    I'm at 900 acres now, anything I should shift?

Farms: 3%
    TG's: 15
    Arm's: 14%
    Rax: 5%
    GS: 14%
    Hosps: 14%
    Guilds: 13%
    Towers: 7%
    WT's: 15%

Gonna go for an all elite offense with high opa (70-75) and around 40 static dpa. Any suggestions?

Could use some banks as the arms do not lower costs enough to get full use of that much. Could lower Arms, GS, hospitals to 10% and towers to 5% and get some banks.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

You think 1.5 tpa and 15% WT's will be enough? Don't wanna wake up to a dead army.

Postaholic
    depends what u mean by "enough"

I'm the only dorf in the kd so I have a feeling I'm gonna be more than just targetted.
    Just wondering if this will be enough to help keep em away.

Sir Postalot
    if you are the ONLY dorf in kd, i would be looking at 2 raw + enough WT's to give 30% catch at worst =)
    this also gives -50% damage

Enthusiast
    If you just started and have no offense but are going to war you aren't going to do much good to your kingdom. Just get a spec offense for now and drop dpa slightly.

Also in my opinion there is little difference between 1.5 and 2 tpa when dealing with a true A/t so I wouldn't worry about spending money on expensive thieves right now.

Honestly, with no offense, you need to keep as much gold as possible. I'd only adjust a couple of buildings - GS to stables and more rax but keep everything else as is. The notion that a dwarf will be targeted first is rather laughable. People want to avoid hitting into fog as much as possible. And if you end up being targeted your doing your kingdom a favor by absorbing hits that would otherwise go to someone with offense.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
    So I took Dolgil's advice and will shift it a little bit.
    It looks like

Farms: 3%
    Banks: 14%
    TG's: 15
    Arm's: 10%
    Rax: 5%
    GS: 10%
    Hosps: 10%
    Guilds: 13%
    Towers: 5%
    WT's: 15%

That should keep me around 30% catch.
    And hopefully the TG's will gimme enough of a boost to compensate for the higher TPA.
    Thx for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    The notion that a dwarf will be targeted first is rather laughable.
    I meant a target for thieves.

I understand that I will not be an asset to the KD at first. Just hoping not to be a liability.
    Trying to keep myself with good dpa at first to avoid being popped as an "easy target".
    Even if I had split it more even I would be coming oop with about 20 dpa 20 opa. Which at this stage in the age is a waste imo. Might just slowly build offense during war. I'll have enough to hit suicides at least. =P

Enthusiast
    But when you come OOP with offense (assuming you aren't already in war) you can grab some really nice plunders. Farms are easy enough to spot at small sizes. Even with the 20 opa 20 dpa thing you'd be in better shape because you could at least be able to do something. Gains and attack times are based on NW so a bigger province isn't going to be able to do much to you despite the multi taps. Dwarves should almost always be suicider to semi-suicider. Just straight defense makes you free land that can't hit back.

Sir Postalot
    Also in my opinion there is little difference between 1.5 and 2 tpa when dealing with a true A/t so I wouldn't worry about spending money on expensive thieves right now.
    in terms of defense, yeah, its probably not a whole lot...
    but it does increase the losses taken by the A/T, which is far more important =)

Ok well, I just came oop and have 40 dpa 1.5 tpa and am now training 1k leets thanks to some aid.
    So hopefully within the next 24 hours I should be able to get a decent opa going.
    I also prefer to grow more during war and as little as possible oow (stay with kd).
    Normally oow I would be pumping sci or leets. Also, what wpa do you think I should aim for?

Postaholic
    i have a feeling Gellvin is about to get an avalanche of different opinions from all kinds of ppl

i think just keep in mind on the building strat u proposed, then get ur elites and etc trained then convert to that build. one way of going about it is to get lots of offense and go war mode and plunder ppl to pump urself, but if u dont have the time or dont feel comfortable doing it, going pump mode and rely on ur own income works just as well

as for wpa and science, dont stress too much about it. just get ur elites trained for now, then convert to the strat u proposed, except raze all rax and WT and put them all into guilds and just walk around like that. then when u r about to go to war, raze some guilds and get rax/WT. and as for science i say just leave it under active/focused and do occasional learns, then u should be fine

oh and btw the strategy forum sure is quiet now that VT2 is busy warring
    Last edited by waheed; 08-12-2008 at 07:40.

Am I reading the original post right, in that you grew to 900 acres during protection, about to go into war? Well thats your first problem ;)

GS, Hosps, Rax and TG running as much offence as possible with around 2k def specs might have been better. Running Fog and GS means even though people WILL try to multi tap you, you can ambush the hits while you dont have GBP, then start hitting back. After the first few hits their gains will be low enough for you to out hit assuming you got your offence high enough. Also anyone but their smallest guys will have massive return times hitting someone small with fog on.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    in terms of defense, yeah, its probably not a whole lot...
    but it does increase the losses taken by the A/T, which is far more important =)
    afaik, the defending prov's TPA does not matter anymore for losses (Pretty sure Mehul changed it from what you described a few ages back). Also, think about how many thieves you lose when you fail an op on a low or 0 tpa prov.

Thread Information